|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, Growing Services.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What plays an important role in growing GE's services?
(a) Employee health care.
(b) Expense reduction.
2. What does GE implement to produce positive growth results and exceed the company's goal?
(a) Old-fashioned company picnics.
(b) New eco-friendly ideas.
(c) Mind- and market-expanding.
(d) New energy saving light bulbs.
3. As GE begins redefining its markets, which industry is the first to be reorganized?
(a) Financial systems.
(b) Aircraft engine.
(c) Medical systems.
(d) Computer systems.
4. Which company originally started the concept of QMI?
(b) General Electric.
5. Who submits his resignation immediately after the announcement that Jack has been named CEO?
(a) Paolo Fresco.
(b) Bill Druckerman.
(c) Reg Jones.
(d) Roy Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, when does GE deadline its goal to become a $100 billion company with $10 billion in profits?
2. Which phrase sums up GE's core values and expectations during Jack's reign as CEO?
3. Which aspect of GE's business is the first to introduce long-term service contracts for the company?
4. What company does Jack try to buy to increase GE's exposure?
5. What service began in 1993 to help dealers sell their appliances?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)