|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, Growing Services.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What plays an important role in growing GE's services?
(b) Employee health care.
(c) Expense reduction.
2. In Chapter 13, when does GE deadline its goal to become a $100 billion company with $10 billion in profits?
(a) By 1999.
(b) By 2025.
(c) By 2000.
(d) By 1990.
3. What does GE implement to produce positive growth results and exceed the company's goal?
(a) Old-fashioned company picnics.
(b) New energy saving light bulbs.
(c) Mind- and market-expanding.
(d) New eco-friendly ideas.
4. As GE begins redefining its markets, which industry is the first to be reorganized?
(a) Computer systems.
(b) Aircraft engine.
(c) Medical systems.
(d) Financial systems.
5. Who submits his resignation immediately after the announcement that Jack has been named CEO?
(a) Reg Jones.
(b) Bill Druckerman.
(c) Roy Johnson.
(d) Paolo Fresco.
Short Answer Questions
1. What results in greater customer intimacy for GE?
2. Which company originally started the concept of QMI?
3. Which aspect of GE's business is the first to introduce long-term service contracts for the company?
4. What company does Jack try to buy to increase GE's exposure?
5. What does QMI stand for?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)