|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, Growing Services.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does QMI stand for?
(a) Quick Market Interference.
(b) Quick Meaningful Intercommunication.
(c) Quick Market Intelligence.
(d) Quick Market Insulators.
2. Which aspect of GE's business is the first to introduce long-term service contracts for the company?
(a) Medical systems.
(b) Credit and financial.
3. What does GE implement to produce positive growth results and exceed the company's goal?
(a) Old-fashioned company picnics.
(b) New energy saving light bulbs.
(c) Mind- and market-expanding.
(d) New eco-friendly ideas.
4. What service began in 1993 to help dealers sell their appliances?
(a) Store credit.
(c) GE Credit Corp.
(d) In-house financing.
5. Which phrase sums up GE's core values and expectations during Jack's reign as CEO?
(a) Finding a better way every day.
(b) What goes up, must come down.
(c) Every cloud has a silver lining.
(d) Looking for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which company originally started the concept of QMI?
2. Which company originally used QMI?
3. Where are the two shops acquired by GE that reduce the company's cost of servicing engines?
4. According to Jack, what is growing services all about?
5. As GE begins redefining its markets, which industry is the first to be reorganized?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)