|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, Growing Services.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two new-hires become important advisers to Jack for the remainder of his career with the company?
(a) Bill and Ted.
(b) Art and Paul.
(c) Bud and Lou.
(d) Dennis and Bob.
2. Who throws a huge party for Jack to introduce him to important people?
(a) Reg Jones.
(b) Roy Johnson.
(c) The Harvard Alumni Association.
(d) Bill Druckerman.
3. What does QMI stand for?
(a) Quick Meaningful Intercommunication.
(b) Quick Market Interference.
(c) Quick Market Intelligence.
(d) Quick Market Insulators.
4. As GE begins redefining its markets, which industry is the first to be reorganized?
(a) Aircraft engine.
(b) Computer systems.
(c) Medical systems.
(d) Financial systems.
5. Which company originally started the concept of QMI?
(b) General Electric.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which phrase sums up GE's core values and expectations during Jack's reign as CEO?
2. What plays an important role in growing GE's services?
3. Who submits his resignation immediately after the announcement that Jack has been named CEO?
4. What results in greater customer intimacy for GE?
5. In Chapter 13, when does GE deadline its goal to become a $100 billion company with $10 billion in profits?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)