|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, Growing Services.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two new-hires become important advisers to Jack for the remainder of his career with the company?
(a) Bud and Lou.
(b) Bill and Ted.
(c) Dennis and Bob.
(d) Art and Paul.
2. Which aspect of GE's business is the first to introduce long-term service contracts for the company?
(a) Medical systems.
(b) Credit and financial.
3. Which phrase sums up GE's core values and expectations during Jack's reign as CEO?
(a) Looking for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
(b) Every cloud has a silver lining.
(c) Finding a better way every day.
(d) What goes up, must come down.
4. Where are the two shops acquired by GE that reduce the company's cost of servicing engines?
(a) England and India.
(b) Japan and India.
(c) Wales and Brazil.
(d) New England and Greenwich.
5. In Chapter 13, when does GE deadline its goal to become a $100 billion company with $10 billion in profits?
(a) By 1990.
(b) By 1999.
(c) By 2025.
(d) By 2000.
Short Answer Questions
1. What service began in 1993 to help dealers sell their appliances?
2. Which company originally used QMI?
3. As GE begins redefining its markets, which industry is the first to be reorganized?
4. Where does Jack move to when he's promoted as one of five sector executives?
5. What company does Jack try to buy to increase GE's exposure?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)