|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, Growing Services.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which aspect of GE's business is the first to introduce long-term service contracts for the company?
(b) Medical systems.
(d) Credit and financial.
2. Which company originally used QMI?
3. Which phrase sums up GE's core values and expectations during Jack's reign as CEO?
(a) Looking for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
(b) Finding a better way every day.
(c) Every cloud has a silver lining.
(d) What goes up, must come down.
4. In Chapter 13, when does GE deadline its goal to become a $100 billion company with $10 billion in profits?
(a) By 1990.
(b) By 2000.
(c) By 1999.
(d) By 2025.
5. Who throws a huge party for Jack to introduce him to important people?
(a) Roy Johnson.
(b) Reg Jones.
(c) Bill Druckerman.
(d) The Harvard Alumni Association.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which company originally started the concept of QMI?
2. Where does Jack move to when he's promoted as one of five sector executives?
3. What service began in 1993 to help dealers sell their appliances?
4. As GE begins redefining its markets, which industry is the first to be reorganized?
5. Where are the two shops acquired by GE that reduce the company's cost of servicing engines?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)