|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, Growing Services.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the two shops acquired by GE that reduce the company's cost of servicing engines?
(a) New England and Greenwich.
(b) Wales and Brazil.
(c) England and India.
(d) Japan and India.
2. In Chapter 13, when does GE deadline its goal to become a $100 billion company with $10 billion in profits?
(a) By 1999.
(b) By 1990.
(c) By 2025.
(d) By 2000.
3. Which two new-hires become important advisers to Jack for the remainder of his career with the company?
(a) Bill and Ted.
(b) Dennis and Bob.
(c) Art and Paul.
(d) Bud and Lou.
4. According to Jack, what is growing services all about?
(b) Public relations.
5. Which phrase sums up GE's core values and expectations during Jack's reign as CEO?
(a) Finding a better way every day.
(b) What goes up, must come down.
(c) Looking for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
(d) Every cloud has a silver lining.
Short Answer Questions
1. What plays an important role in growing GE's services?
2. Where does Jack move to when he's promoted as one of five sector executives?
3. Who submits his resignation immediately after the announcement that Jack has been named CEO?
4. What service began in 1993 to help dealers sell their appliances?
5. Which company originally used QMI?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)