|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, Growing Services.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the two shops acquired by GE that reduce the company's cost of servicing engines?
(a) Wales and Brazil.
(b) Japan and India.
(c) New England and Greenwich.
(d) England and India.
2. In Chapter 13, when does GE deadline its goal to become a $100 billion company with $10 billion in profits?
(a) By 2000.
(b) By 1990.
(c) By 1999.
(d) By 2025.
3. What service began in 1993 to help dealers sell their appliances?
(a) GE Credit Corp.
(c) In-house financing.
(d) Store credit.
4. Which aspect of GE's business is the first to introduce long-term service contracts for the company?
(a) Medical systems.
(c) Credit and financial.
5. Which company originally started the concept of QMI?
(c) General Electric.
Short Answer Questions
1. What plays an important role in growing GE's services?
2. As GE begins redefining its markets, which industry is the first to be reorganized?
3. Who submits his resignation immediately after the announcement that Jack has been named CEO?
4. Which company originally used QMI?
5. Which two new-hires become important advisers to Jack for the remainder of his career with the company?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)