|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20, Growing Services.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which phrase sums up GE's core values and expectations during Jack's reign as CEO?
(a) What goes up, must come down.
(b) Every cloud has a silver lining.
(c) Looking for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
(d) Finding a better way every day.
2. Where are the two shops acquired by GE that reduce the company's cost of servicing engines?
(a) Japan and India.
(b) Wales and Brazil.
(c) England and India.
(d) New England and Greenwich.
3. Which aspect of GE's business is the first to introduce long-term service contracts for the company?
(a) Medical systems.
(b) Credit and financial.
4. Who submits his resignation immediately after the announcement that Jack has been named CEO?
(a) Bill Druckerman.
(b) Reg Jones.
(c) Paolo Fresco.
(d) Roy Johnson.
5. What service began in 1993 to help dealers sell their appliances?
(a) Store credit.
(b) GE Credit Corp.
(d) In-house financing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does QMI stand for?
2. Where does Jack move to when he's promoted as one of five sector executives?
3. Which company originally used QMI?
4. According to Jack, what is growing services all about?
5. Which two new-hires become important advisers to Jack for the remainder of his career with the company?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)