|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the essay "Disney World: Public Use/Private State," by Susan Willis, indicate?
(a) Disney World offers fun and efficient environment for public use.
(b) Disney World offers programmed environment.
(c) Disney World offers fantasy environment for children's use.
(d) Disney World offers fun environment for public use.
2. What is "New York's Most Disliked Building?"
(a) World Trade Center buildings.
(b) Empire State Building.
(c) Bryant Building.
(d) Freedom Tower.
3. Fill-in the blank. Visual cues in a shop are meant for the following shopper: __________.
(a) Shopper in a wheel chair.
(b) Slow walking shopper.
(c) Fast walking shopper.
(d) Woman shopper.
4. Which character is a computer-created icon, according to N'Gai Croal and Jane Hughes?
(a) American Girl.
(b) Anne of Green Gables.
(c) Lara Croft.
5. What is the essay "Unnatural Selection" about?
(a) Use of steroids in sports to make a winning athlete.
(b) Use of computer engineering to create robotic sports.
(c) Use of gene selection to make a super female athlete who wins over the male counterpart.
(d) Use of genetic engineering in sports to make a super athlete.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the sign represented by cubicles in an office, according to Daphne Spain?
2. What is a birdcage mall?
3. What is the real competition in sports, according to the textbook authors?
4. How does Michael Omi state that Americans commonly judge a person's character?
5. Who saw boxing as a way to achieve a better life, according to the textbook authors?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the essay "Boys--R- Us: Board Game and the Socialization of Young Adolescent Girls," by Jennifer Scanlon, what do gender specific toys and games teach children?
2. What is the main argument made by the essay "Women and Children First: Gender and the Settling of the Electronic Frontier," by Laura Miller?
3. How did baseball become a national pastime?
4. What is overt racism? What is inferential racism?
5. What are the conflicting values in the essay by Rina Swentzell, "Conflicting Landscape Values: The Santa Clara Pueblo and Day School?"
6. What is the Pueblo American Indian perception of space and its utilization? How does this conflict with the Euro American perception of space utilization?
7. What is theme marketing? Give two examples of businesses that do theme marketing.
8. What is the main argument of the essay "Athletics 101: A Change in Eligibility Rules is Long Overdue," by Frank Deford?
9. What is the essay "Of Cholos and Surfers," by Jack Lopez, about?
10. What is the key point made by Bell Hooks in her essay "Baby?"
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)