Short Answer Key
Introduction: Popular Signs
1. When did the Study of pop culture as an academic subject start?
2. What does a sign represent?
A meaning or a message.
3. What does the semiotic method refer to?
Semiotic method refers to recognition, analysis, and interpretation of signs.
4. What example do the authors use to explain the semiotic method?
The Volkswagen Beetle.
5. Fill-in the blank. Authors posit that pop culture is a subject that is _____________
Familiar to students.
6. What is an example of pop culture?
7. What is the factor that influences one's semiotic interpretation?
8. What may be the best way to start the semiotic interpretation?
Looking at the history.
9. What does the term, semiotics, refer to?
Study of signs.
10. Who is the pioneer of Semiotics?
11. Fill-in the blank. Semiotic method connects the...
This section contains 3,175 words|
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)