|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through American Icons: The Myth Characters of Popular Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the authors, why do people buy a product?
(a) Because the ad is funny.
(b) Because the ad is informative.
(c) Because they like the images.
(d) Because they identify with it.
2. Where are the hottest items in a store located?
(a) Close to the sales counter.
(b) Center of the store.
(c) Fifteen paces from the door.
(d) Interior of the store.
3. What does the essay, "Signs of Shopping" examine?
(a) The images in product advertisements.
(b) Business marketing techniques.
(c) Consumer behavior while shopping.
(d) Consumer satisfaction while shopping.
4. What is the common definition of racial profiling?
(a) Coaches using race to select student athletes.
(b) Using race to determine who is subjected to surveillance or searches.
(c) Cops using race to incarcerate people.
(d) Jury using race to determine the outcomes of criminal trials.
5. What does "Gender Role Behaviors and Attitudes," by Holly Devor, claim?
(a) Signs of masculinity carry social power and dominance.
(b) Signs of masculinity indicate the power and influence of society on men.
(c) Signs of masculinity indicate the behaviors of men.
(d) Signs of masculinity indicate the attitudes of men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "New York's Most Disliked Building?"
2. Which fictional character was criticized as being homosexual?
3. According to Benjamin DeMott, how does Hollywood portray the race relations between blacks and whites?
4. What is the point made by Michael A. Mesner in his essay on sports and gender relations?
5. Which cultural icon's life is a rags to riches story, according to Mark Caldwell?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)