|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through American Icons: The Myth Characters of Popular Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "Gender Role Behaviors and Attitudes," by Holly Devor, claim?
(a) Signs of masculinity indicate the attitudes of men.
(b) Signs of masculinity indicate the power and influence of society on men.
(c) Signs of masculinity indicate the behaviors of men.
(d) Signs of masculinity carry social power and dominance.
2. What does the essay, "Warrior Dreams," by James William Gibson, point out?
(a) Portrayal of American Indian warrior mascots in men's sports.
(b) Men's dreams to become warriors.
(c) Men's fascination with paramilitary culture.
(d) Portrayal of American men's patriotism in the post Vietnam era.
3. What are the invisible signs of a building?
(a) Emotions and feelings they invoke.
(b) Power and hierarchy they represent.
(c) Fun and frolic they may provide.
(d) Ideas of the architects who built them.
4. What is the main argument of "Resisting the False Security of TV" by Tom Shales?
(a) TV should protect people from the horrors of war and disasters.
(b) Television should not provide a false sense of security during war and national disasters.
(c) Television should provide a sense of security during times of war and crises.
(d) The role of TV is to inform the people about what is happening during times of war and disaster.
5. What does the essay "Braveheart, Babe and the Contemporary Body" by Susan Bordo examine?
(a) Women's bodyimage issues and their courage.
(b) Just do it culture and women's courage in dealing with the cultural norms.
(c) Just do it culture and the media message.
(d) Women's bodyimages issues and the advertsing cultural norms.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which company created the Barbie doll?
2. What does the essay, "Signs of Shopping" examine?
3. Who is the author of "Asian Women in Film: No Joy, No Luck?" .
4. What does wrestler Henry Jenkins posit about the message of wrestling?
5. Fill-in the blank. The issue of "More Factor" dates back to the ___________.
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)