|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through We've Come a Long Way, Maybe: Gender Codes in American culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main point of the essay "The New Sexual Stone Age," by Andre Mayer?
(a) Pop stars embrace sexist and chauvinistic roles.
(b) Male pop stars embrace nontraditional empowered roles.
(c) Female pop stars embrace nontraditional empowered roles.
(d) Pop stars embrace progressive and liberated gender roles.
2. According to the textbook authors, which TV show had a protagonist(s) that became popular role models for American women?
(a) Murphy Brown.
(b) Sex and the City.
(c) Will and Grace.
3. What was the theme of most of the movies in post 9/11 era as pointed out by Patrick Goldstein in "The Time to Get Serious Has Come?"
4. Who is the author of "Asian Women in Film: No Joy, No Luck?" .
(a) Jessica Hagedorn
(b) Suzie Wong.
(c) Nancy Kwan.
(d) Helen Zia.
5. What is an example of gender code?
(a) A gay man.
(b) An unmarried woman.
(c) An unmarried man.
(d) A lesbian woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fill-in the blank. The issue of "More Factor" dates back to the ___________.
2. Which of the following statements is false?
3. What are consumer interests encoded in?
4. What does the metaphoric essay title, "Addictive Virus," refer to?
5. How do advertisers target kids as customers?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)