|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Video Dreams: Television, Music, and Cultural Forms.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an example of pop culture?
(c) Movie theater.
2. Who is the most popular talk show host of the 1980s?
(a) Oprah Winfrey.
(b) Jerry Springer.
(c) Phil Donahue.
3. Fill-in the blank. Authors posit that pop culture is a subject that is _____________
(a) Popular with students.
(b) Popular with teachers and students.
(c) Familiar to students.
(d) Easier for students.
4. What does the essay"Sex, Lies, and Advertising" by Gloria Steinem examine?
(a) The compromises made by women's magazines to retain advertisers.
(b) The articles published in women's magazines on advertisements.
(c) How the advertisements in women's magazines lie about sex.
(d) How advertisers target women's magazines to market cigarettes and feminine hygiene.
5. According to the authors, why do people buy a product?
(a) Because the ad is informative.
(b) Because they like the images.
(c) Because they identify with it.
(d) Because the ad is funny.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fill-in the blank. Semiotic method connects the _____________
2. What is the essay by Marnie Carroll titled "American Television in Europe" about?
3. What message does the phenomenon, Democracy of Goods, refer to?
4. Who is the pioneer of Semiotics?
5. What is Semiotic method?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)