|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Video Dreams: Television, Music, and Cultural Forms.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What may be the best way to start the semiotic interpretation?
(a) Interviewing people.
(b) Reading popular magazines.
(c) Looking at the history.
(d) Looking at the facts.
2. Who is the pioneer of Semiotics?
(a) Sonia Maasik.
(b) Noam Chomsky.
(c) Roland Barthe.
(d) George Lakoff.
3. Why are shows like West Wing popular, according to Todd Davis?
(a) They are non-threatening and make the audience feel comfortable.
(b) They are about the white house and show inside scenaios.
(c) They are about American government and show the real issues.
(d) They are about the American President and are informative.
4. What are consumer interests encoded in?
(a) Sense of taste.
(b) Life style.
(d) Status quo.
5. What does the semiotic method refer to?
(a) Semiotic method refers to recognition, analysis, and interpretation of arguments.
(b) Semiotic method refers to recognition, analysis, and interpretation of pop culture.
(c) Semiotic method refers to recognition, analysis, and interpretation of popular signs.
(d) Semiotic method refers to recognition, analysis, and interpretation of signs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an example of pop culture?
2. According to the authors, why do people buy a product?
3. When did the daytime talk shows become popular?
4. What does the essay, "Signs of Shopping" examine?
5. What does the essay "A Gentleman and a Consumer" examine?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)