|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through It's Not Just a Game: Sports and American Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a birdcage mall?
(a) A birdcage mall provides a relaxed shopping experience through its design.
(b) A birdcage mall helps the shoppers' movements through its design.
(c) A birdcage mall provides a fun shopping experience through its design.
(d) A birdcage mall controls the shoppers' movements through its design.
2. What is digital gap?
(a) Gap between the haves and have-nots in their access to iPods.
(b) Gap between the haves and have-nots in their access to cellphones.
(c) Gap between the haves and have-nots in their access to digital communication.
(d) Gap between the haves and have-nots in their access to computers and the Internet.
3. According to Michael Omi, how are blacks often portrayed by the American media?
(a) Protagonist warrior.
(b) Important but sly.
(c) Important and professional.
(d) Comical, submissive, or childlike.
4. What is LynNell Hancock's "The Haves and the Have-Nots" about?
(a) It examines how consumption divides the haves and have-nots.
(b) It examines the growing gap between America's rich and the poor.
(c) It examines the global inequities in wealth.
(d) It examines the digital gap and its connection to race.
5. Fill-in the blank. The issue of "More Factor" dates back to the ___________.
(a) Frontier days of land accumulation.
(b) Occupation of lands owned by American Indians.
(c) Lewis and Clark exploration and expansion.
(d) Pioneer ranch development and expansion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fill-in the blank. According to Naomi Wolf, the term beauty is ________.
2. What image of woman was in vogue in the movies of the 1980s, according to "The Return of Doris Day" by Sandra Tsing Loh?
3. How do sports teams pay huge salaries to the top athletes?
4. What are the eligibility rules that are long over due, according to Frank Deford?
5. What context should one consider first when interpreting a sign?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)