|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through It's Not Just a Game: Sports and American Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which legislation requires colleges spend an equal amount of money on women's and men's sports?
(a) Title XI.
(b) Title X.
(c) Title XII.
(d) Title IX.
2. According to the textbook authors, which TV show had a protagonist(s) that became popular role models for American women?
(a) Sex and the City.
(b) Murphy Brown.
(d) Will and Grace.
3. What is the essay "Class and Virtue" about?
(a) Class dominance and portrayal of underclass women in the movies.
(b) Class dominance and gender discrimination in the movies.
(c) Underclass dominance and gender gap in virtues in the movies.
(d) Status quo and gender gap in virtues in the movies.
4. According to Michael Omi, how are blacks often portrayed by the American media?
(a) Protagonist warrior.
(b) Important but sly.
(c) Important and professional.
(d) Comical, submissive, or childlike.
5. What was the theme of most of the movies in post 9/11 era as pointed out by Patrick Goldstein in "The Time to Get Serious Has Come?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Fill-in the blank. Melissa Algranati is __________.
2. Fill-in the blank. Many advertisements connect the product with the __________.
3. What are consumer interests encoded in?
4. How does the beauty myth affect women?
5. What does wrestler Henry Jenkins posit about the message of wrestling?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)