|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through It's Not Just a Game: Sports and American Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the hottest items in a store located?
(a) Center of the store.
(b) Close to the sales counter.
(c) Interior of the store.
(d) Fifteen paces from the door.
2. What does the essay, "Signs of Shopping" examine?
(a) The images in product advertisements.
(b) Consumer satisfaction while shopping.
(c) Consumer behavior while shopping.
(d) Business marketing techniques.
3. What was the purpose of the builders of the world Trade Center, according to Eric Boehlert?
(a) Build the highest landmark in New York.
(b) Clean up the neighborhood and make money from the rentals.
(c) Build the greatest landmark in the world.
(d) Construct a symbol of American life.
4. Which popular TV show reflect the concerns of Generation X, according to the authors of the textbook?
(b) Sex and the City.
(d) The Bachelor.
5. Fill-in the blank. According to Camilo Jose Vergara in "The Ghetto Cityscape," green ghettos are ___________.
(a) Inner city areas that are reclaimed by nature because of neglect or abandonment.
(b) Inner city areas that provide car less commute to the residents.
(c) Inner city area public housing projects that focus on environmental justice.
(d) Inner city area public housing projects that are increasingly focusing on green living.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which game did become the American pastime, according to the textbook authors?
2. What does the metaphoric essay title, "Addictive Virus," refer to?
3. What is Semiotic method?
4. Why are shows like West Wing popular, according to Todd Davis?
5. What is the essay "Class and Virtue" about?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)