|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Brought to You B(u)y: The Signs of Advertising.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the essay, "Signs of Shopping" examine?
(a) Consumer behavior while shopping.
(b) The images in product advertisements.
(c) Consumer satisfaction while shopping.
(d) Business marketing techniques.
2. According to Anne Norton, what does catalog shopping lead to?
(a) Construction of ideal life style.
(b) Construction of American life.
(c) Construction of identities for men, women, and children.
(d) Construction of teenage image.
3. What is the factor that changed the semiotic message carried out by the cell phone?
(a) Advance of technology.
(b) Advance of commercialization.
(c) Introduction of iPhone.
(d) Advance of Internet.
4. What does the term, semiotics, refer to?
(a) Analysis of writing.
(b) Study of signs.
(c) Study of popular culture.
(d) A writing process.
5. What does the semiotic method refer to?
(a) Semiotic method refers to recognition, analysis, and interpretation of pop culture.
(b) Semiotic method refers to recognition, analysis, and interpretation of signs.
(c) Semiotic method refers to recognition, analysis, and interpretation of arguments.
(d) Semiotic method refers to recognition, analysis, and interpretation of popular signs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the essay"Sex, Lies, and Advertising" by Gloria Steinem examine?
2. What are the products that may be promoted by advertisements employing the phenomenon, Democracy of Afflictions?
3. Fill-in the blank. The issue of "More Factor" dates back to the ___________.
4. What is the main purpose of malls?
5. What is the factor that influences one's semiotic interpretation?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)