|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Popular Spaces: Interpreting the Built Environment.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does mass production and mass marketing that categorizes people result in?
(a) Stereotyping of consumers.
(b) Providing better service to various customer groups.
(c) Better service to consumers.
(d) Reaching a large group of consumers.
2. What is the sign represented by cubicles in an office, according to Daphne Spain?
(a) Open communication.
(b) Corporate structure.
(c) Cooperative working.
(d) Employee culture.
3. What does the essay by Lucy Lippard, "Alternating Currents," describe?
(a) Aletrnative views of country living.
(b) Alternating views that represent the city and the country.
(c) Ambivalence of Americans toward the city and the country.
(d) Alternative views of suburban living.
4. According to the authors, why do people buy a product?
(a) Because the ad is funny.
(b) Because they identify with it.
(c) Because they like the images.
(d) Because the ad is informative.
5. Why are shows like West Wing popular, according to Todd Davis?
(a) They are about the white house and show inside scenaios.
(b) They are about the American President and are informative.
(c) They are about American government and show the real issues.
(d) They are non-threatening and make the audience feel comfortable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an archetype?
2. What is the main purpose of advertisers?
3. Fill-in the blank. The analysis of a television episode must involve ___________ .
4. How does semiotic interpretation of an advertisement help the customers?
5. What does the essay "Asian Women in Film: No Joy, No Luck" focus on?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)