|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of New York did Howard grow up in during the 1960s?
2. When does Howard report the first profitable year for Starbucks?
(a) October 1991.
(b) November 1990.
(c) November 1991.
(d) October 1990.
3. When does Howard graduate from college?
4. What company does Howard work for after graduating from college and returning to New York?
(a) Toyota Motor Corporation.
(b) Bristol-Myers Company.
(c) Xerox Corporation.
(d) PepsiCo, Inc..
5. At Starbucks, what kind of product does Howard strive to deliver?
(a) One that is better than what the customers know they want.
(b) One that sells well, regardless of what the customers want.
(c) One that is slightly less than what the customers know they want.
(d) One that is exactly what the customers want.
6. What positions does Howard think would be better filled by people with skills different than his own?
(a) District managers.
(c) Customer service representatives.
(d) Store managers.
7. What is Orin's part of the Starbucks trio?
(a) Financial responsibility.
(c) The company's soul.
(d) Silent partner.
8. What holiday weekend was it when Howard meets Sheri, the woman who eventually becomes his wife?
(a) The Fourth of July.
(c) Memorial Day.
(d) Labor Day.
9. When does Howard have to report a major financial loss to the board?
10. How does Howard describe Sheri's support?
11. How much money does Howard need to raise in order to purchase Starbucks?
(a) Three million dollars.
(b) Four million dollars.
(c) Five million dollars.
(d) Two million dollars.
12. Responding to the success of existent stores, how many Starbucks stores does Howard open in 1990?
13. How long does Howard stay in Europe for his training with Hammarplast?
(a) Six months.
(b) Three years.
(c) Six years.
(d) Three months.
14. Who makes up the Mission Review Team of Starbucks?
(a) Only the managers of the actual stores.
(b) Only people who work in the actual stores.
(c) Only board members.
(d) People from all areas of the company.
15. How does Howard describe the service in Starbucks stores when he first begins working there?
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is it when Howard begins to look for people with skills different than his own?
2. How long was the original Starbucks in business before Howard hears about the company?
3. How does Starbucks add flavor to the coffee it serves?
4. What position is Howard promoted to at Hammarplast?
5. According to Howard Behar, what can cause a company to lose sales?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)