|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the preconceived notions that Howard encounters from other Starbucks employees?
(a) Howard is too intelligent to work at the company.
(b) Howard is not intelligent enough to work at the company.
(c) Howard will be a positive hire for the company.
(d) Howard will be a negative hire for the company.
2. What holiday weekend was it when Howard meets Sheri, the woman who eventually becomes his wife?
(b) Memorial Day.
(c) The Fourth of July.
(d) Labor Day.
3. What type of business does Sheri give up before moving to the Northwest?
(a) Interior design.
(c) Fashion design.
4. What is the purpose of a company Mission Statement?
(a) Everyone in the company knows what it stands for.
(b) The board members of the company know what it stands for.
(c) The board members know what rules to follow.
(d) Everyone in the company has the same rules to follow.
5. Which courses does Howard succeed at while going to college?
(a) Marketing, history, and communications.
(b) Marketing, mathematics, and communications.
(c) Marketing and history.
(d) Marketing and communications.
6. How many large companies had Howard managed before acquiring Starbucks?
7. Where is the second Il Giornale store opened?
8. How many more Starbucks stores does Howard open in 1992 as opposed to 1991?
(a) Twenty one.
(c) Thirty five.
9. What year does Howard leave Starbucks to open his own espresso cafes?
10. What is Howard Schultz's position at Starbucks?
(a) District Manager.
(c) Vice President.
11. How long does it take Howard and Il Giornale to reach the point of serving over 1,000 people each day?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Two months.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Six months.
12. What year does Howard realize that his idea of cafe style coffee houses is taking off?
13. What does Howard promise in order to earn the Starbucks employees' trust?
(a) Honesty and a certain degree of openness.
(b) Honesty and openness.
(c) Honesty, openness, and reliability.
(d) Openness and reliability.
14. What is Orin's part of the Starbucks trio?
(a) The company's soul.
(b) Silent partner.
(c) Financial responsibility.
15. Which espresso machine manufacturer does Howard seek as an investor for his new business?
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the original Starbucks logo does Howard keep for the new company?
2. Which one of the following is not included in the examples that Howard gives of gathering places that America once had?
3. What is the focus of the computerized systems installed in Starbucks stores in 1991?
4. How does Starbucks add flavor to the coffee it serves?
5. How much money does Howard estimate it will take to launch his new coffee house business?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)