|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Don't Be Threatened by People Smarter Than You and the Value of Dogmatism and Flexibility.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Starbucks add flavor to the coffee it serves?
(a) It adds a flavored powder to the drink.
(b) Starbucks does not offer flavored coffee.
(c) It adds flavored syrup to the drink.
(d) It roasts the coffee beans with additional flavors added.
2. When was the first Starbucks store opened in Chicago?
(a) March 1988.
(b) October 1987.
(c) November 1987.
(d) January 1988.
3. Why does Howard insists that Starbucks remain company-owned and not franchised?
(a) To maximize profits.
(b) To avoid partnerships.
(c) To control quality.
(d) To simplify advertising.
4. What part of New York did Howard grow up in during the 1960s?
5. What is Howard hoping to reduce with his new plan for employees?
(a) Employee suspensions.
(b) Employee tardiness.
(c) Employee turnover.
(d) Employee termination.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of the following does Howard agree to let serve Starbucks coffee to their clients?
2. How much money does Howard need to raise in order to purchase Starbucks?
3. Which espresso machine manufacturer does Howard seek as an investor for his new business?
4. What is the prognosis of Howard's father's condition after Howard moves to Seattle?
5. With what type of cancer is Howard's father diagnosed as he is ready to move to Seattle?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)