|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Don't Be Threatened by People Smarter Than You and the Value of Dogmatism and Flexibility.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What product is Starbucks purchasing from Hammarplast when the company catches Howard's attention?
(a) An espresso machine.
(b) Customized coffee mugs.
(c) A drip coffeemaker.
(d) Tea bag holders.
2. What allows Starbucks to expand their reach and open stores at even greater distances from Seattle?
(a) The coffee freezing process.
(b) The purchase of several company owned vans.
(c) The development of special bags that lock in moisture and air.
(d) The online advertising.
3. Which sports team does Howard's father take the family to see?
(a) The Jets.
(b) The Giants.
(c) The Mets.
(d) The Yankees.
4. Who suggests the name, Il Giornale, for Howard's new coffee houses?
(a) Ron Margolis.
(b) Gordon Bowker.
(c) Arnie Prentice.
(d) Jerry Baldwin.
5. Which one of the following does Howard agree to let serve Starbucks coffee to their clients?
(b) Donut stores.
(c) Grocery stores.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long do Howard and Jerry Baldwin negotiate before Howard is hired at Starbucks?
2. How many more stores does Howard open in Chicago to prove that it can catch on in that market?
3. What does Howard believe a business should have at its core?
4. How much money does Jerry Baldwin invest in Howard's coffee houses?
5. How does the acquisition of another company affect the employees at Starbucks?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)