Part 1, Imagination, Dreams and Humble Origins; and A Strong Legacy Makes You Sustainable for the Future
• Howard Schultz begins life in the projects of Brooklyn, New York while dreaming of a brighter future.
• Howard has conflicting feelings about his father, who does not take risks and works at low paying jobs.
• After graduating from college with a communications degree, Howard works sales jobs for Xerox and Hammarplast, where he discovers a small company called Starbucks.
Part 1, To Italians, Espresso Is Like an Aria and Luck is the Residue of Design
• After a year of negotiating, Howard takes a large cut in salary in order to move to Seattle and work for Starbucks.
• While at Starbucks, Howard works to learn as much as possible and correct the arrogant attitudes of the employees.
• A trip to Italy inspires Howard with the idea of opening cafes that serve espresso, but when...
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)