|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1995, according to McDonald's: Behind the Arches, how many American's had eaten at McDonald's at least once in the previous year?
2. When did Kroc form the McDonald's system?
3. According to Chapter 6, who were committed to making the best hamburger in the world?
4. What would get someone fired from McDonald's?
5. What rival chain went out of business in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe where the McDonald's name comes from.
2. What does the foreword of McDonald's: Behind the Arches explain about the public's understanding of McDonald's?
3. What did Kroc believe happened if one fought maverick franchises?
4. Explain the press and McDonald's relationship as described in the foreword.
5. What did June Martino suggest that proved to be very worthwhile to the McDonald's industry?
6. What was Kroc's physical state when McDonald's becomes incorporated?
7. What did Kroc avoid within his franchise business?
8. What happened in the 1950s in the restaurant food chain business.
9. Describe what Kroc mandated in his restaurants.
10. What happened when Ray Kroc met the McDonald's brothers in 1954?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and explain how the technique of trial and error helped to develop the automation of the French fires and milkshakes.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and explain how Kroc's and Sonneborn's different vision of the future of McDonald's lead to Sonneborn's resignation, as well as the termination to their work relationship.
Essay Topic 3
Explain what Kroc avoided within his franchise developments and relationships and why. Discuss what Kroc learned in this time of franchise development.
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)