|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Kroc do when circumstances made demands?
2. How did the McDonald brother's envision the future business of McDonald's?
3. According to the author, what determines how managers in the restaurant business react to change?
4. What did Kroc found in 1952?
5. What did Kroc limit in his business at McDonald's?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Kroc avoid within his franchise business?
2. What happened in the 1950s in the restaurant food chain business.
3. What did Kroc end up fighting about with one of his franchise manager's?
4. Describe the franchise ownership of McDonald's.
5. Describe the parts of the McDonald's process.
6. Describe why Big Boy and Dairy Queens were unsuccessful in comparison to McDonald's.
7. Why did other managers adopt Kroc's principles?
8. What helped end Kroc's difficulty in obtaining success in the West?
9. What are McDonald's managers committed to building?
10. Detail a few of the statistics given in the foreword about the US consumption of McDonald's products.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss How Kroc went obtained the McDonald's name. Discuss what happened as a result of the negotiations Kroc made to own the name.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast how Kroc's invention and development of a fast food industry was likened to Carnegie's and Rockefeller's steel and oil companies.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss how McDonald's international began and its current state in the world. How has McDonald's international made McDonald's the second most globally recognized company?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)