|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. About how many entrepreneurs were pursuing the same idea as Kroc?
2. What business did Kroc first get into?
3. Who is credited for opening the first McDonald's?
4. What region of the US did Kroc have difficulty expanding McDonald's?
5. How old was Kroc when McDonald's was incorporated?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the parts of the McDonald's process.
2. What was the difference between the McDonald brothers vision for McDonald's and Kroc's vision for it?
3. Describe how Kroc was similar to Carnegie and Rockefeller in his business strategies.
4. Why did other managers adopt Kroc's principles?
5. How did Kroc redefine customer-supplier relationships?
6. Discuss the type of people Kroc hired as managers for McDonald's.
7. What did Kroc believe happened if one fought maverick franchises?
8. Describe what Kroc mandated in his restaurants.
9. What market did Kroc first get into that propelled him towards the food production business?
10. What did Kroc avoid within his franchise business?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and explain how Kroc's and Sonneborn's different vision of the future of McDonald's lead to Sonneborn's resignation, as well as the termination to their work relationship.
Essay Topic 2
Explain and discuss how founder of McDonald's, Ray A. Kroc, effectively ran and governed the corporation of McDonald's. How did he gain such popularity among his employees?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and explain specifically what happened to McDonald's that created negative media attention. How did McDonald's respond to correct its image in the public?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)