|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1948, what happened to the grander carhop drive-in the McDonald brothers created?
2. What did Kroc redefine with his suppliers?
3. What happened within months of the opening of the Agates?
4. What does the prologue compare the state of McDonald's main office to?
5. What did Kroc found in 1952?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Kroc's physical state when McDonald's becomes incorporated?
2. Describe what Kroc mandated in his restaurants.
3. Describe the state of California in the early 1930s and its relationship to curbside restaurants.
4. Explain the press and McDonald's relationship as described in the foreword.
5. What was the difference between the McDonald brothers vision for McDonald's and Kroc's vision for it?
6. Detail a few of the statistics given in the foreword about the US consumption of McDonald's products.
7. Describe why Big Boy and Dairy Queens were unsuccessful in comparison to McDonald's.
8. What market did Kroc first get into that propelled him towards the food production business?
9. Why did other managers adopt Kroc's principles?
10. How did McDonald's react to change, according to the author Love?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain and discuss how founder of McDonald's, Ray A. Kroc, effectively ran and governed the corporation of McDonald's. How did he gain such popularity among his employees?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and explain how the technique of trial and error helped to develop the automation of the French fires and milkshakes.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and explain why Big Boy and Dairy Queen restaurants were imitations of McDonald's and why they both failed to out succeed McDonald's.
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)