|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1995, how many people did McDonald's employ in America, according to McDonald's: Behind the Arches?
2. What did the McDonald brothers force Kroc to do?
3. Where did many of Kroc's franchiser's come from?
4. What did Kroc convert the way his restaurant was ran into?
5. When was the original McDonald's restaurant opened?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the franchise ownership of McDonald's.
2. How did McDonald's react to change, according to the author Love?
3. What was Kroc's physical state when McDonald's becomes incorporated?
4. How did Kroc react as McDonald's grew?
5. What are McDonald's managers committed to building?
6. How did Kroc try to improve his product in other ways aside from ingredients?
7. What did June Martino suggest that proved to be very worthwhile to the McDonald's industry?
8. Describe the state of California in the early 1930s and its relationship to curbside restaurants.
9. What was the difference between the McDonald brothers vision for McDonald's and Kroc's vision for it?
10. Explain the press and McDonald's relationship as described in the foreword.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the current CEO of McDonald's, Mike Quinlan, and his contributions to the industry. Explain how he feels about the future of McDonald's.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and discuss how McDonald's international began and its current state in the world. How has McDonald's international made McDonald's the second most globally recognized company?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss How Kroc went obtained the McDonald's name. Discuss what happened as a result of the negotiations Kroc made to own the name.
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)