|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Kroc mandate in his restaurants?
2. Where did the McDonald brothers open a grander carhop drive-in?
3. What originally did not exist in McDonald's but was eventually developed to make their hamburger?
4. In 1995, according to McDonald's: Behind the Arches, how many American's had eaten at McDonald's at least once in the previous year?
5. What did Kroc begin thinking of McDonald's as?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the difference between the McDonald brothers vision for McDonald's and Kroc's vision for it?
2. Describe where the McDonald's name comes from.
3. Why did other managers adopt Kroc's principles?
4. Detail a few of the statistics given in the foreword about the US consumption of McDonald's products.
5. How did Kroc react as McDonald's grew?
6. What are McDonald's managers committed to building?
7. Describe how Kroc was similar to Carnegie and Rockefeller in his business strategies.
8. Discuss the type of people Kroc hired as managers for McDonald's.
9. What does the foreword of McDonald's: Behind the Arches explain about the public's understanding of McDonald's?
10. What was Kroc's physical state when McDonald's becomes incorporated?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain and discuss how founder of McDonald's, Ray A. Kroc, effectively ran and governed the corporation of McDonald's. How did he gain such popularity among his employees?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the current CEO of McDonald's, Mike Quinlan, and his contributions to the industry. Explain how he feels about the future of McDonald's.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast how Kroc's invention and development of a fast food industry was likened to Carnegie's and Rockefeller's steel and oil companies.
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)