|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What social group did the McDonald brothers become a part of because of their drive-in?
2. Where does the restaurant's name McDonald's come from?
3. What business did Kroc first get into?
4. What item did Kroc have success with after the market changed?
5. What was the financial state of the McDonald brothers in the 1930s?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened in the 1950s in the restaurant food chain business.
2. Describe what Kroc mandated in his restaurants.
3. Describe where the McDonald's name comes from.
4. Describe the parts of the McDonald's process.
5. Describe the state of California in the early 1930s and its relationship to curbside restaurants.
6. What market did Kroc first get into that propelled him towards the food production business?
7. Detail a few of the statistics given in the foreword about the US consumption of McDonald's products.
8. How did Kroc redefine customer-supplier relationships?
9. Why did other managers adopt Kroc's principles?
10. Discuss the type of people Kroc hired as managers for McDonald's.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain and describe Sonneborn's real estate investment strategy he created to help McDonald's cash flow.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and explain how Kroc's and Sonneborn's different vision of the future of McDonald's lead to Sonneborn's resignation, as well as the termination to their work relationship.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss the team Kroc assembled to be the manager's of McDonald's. How was Kroc's idea and desire somewhat revolutionary for its time?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)