|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is McDonald's Plaza?
2. What was Kroc careful and conscious not to do in his franchise world?
3. When did McDonald's grander carhop drive-in become a teenage hang out?
4. Who was Kroc's personality opposite?
5. What strategy did Big Boys use at its beginning stages of development?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did McDonald's react to change, according to the author Love?
2. Describe where the McDonald's name comes from.
3. Describe what Kroc mandated in his restaurants.
4. How did Kroc redefine customer-supplier relationships?
5. What happened when Ray Kroc met the McDonald's brothers in 1954?
6. What does the foreword of McDonald's: Behind the Arches explain about the public's understanding of McDonald's?
7. Describe why Big Boy and Dairy Queens were unsuccessful in comparison to McDonald's.
8. Explain the press and McDonald's relationship as described in the foreword.
9. Describe the state of California in the early 1930s and its relationship to curbside restaurants.
10. What did Kroc believe happened if one fought maverick franchises?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and explain why Big Boy and Dairy Queen restaurants were imitations of McDonald's and why they both failed to out succeed McDonald's.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and explain specifically what happened to McDonald's that created negative media attention. How did McDonald's respond to correct its image in the public?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss the team Kroc assembled to be the manager's of McDonald's. How was Kroc's idea and desire somewhat revolutionary for its time?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)