|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1995, how many people did McDonald's employ in America, according to McDonald's: Behind the Arches?
2. What business did Kroc first get into?
(a) The milkshake mixer business.
(b) The real estate market.
(c) Farm development.
3. What opening became a social event?
(a) The opening of Wendy's.
(b) The opening of a drive thru service window.
(c) The opening of Agates in Waukegan.
(d) The opening of the Big Boy.
4. Who is the legendary founder of McDonald's?
(a) Richard and Maurice McDonald.
(b) Mac McDonald.
(c) Dick McDonald.
(d) Ray A. Kroc.
5. How did Kroc envision the future business of McDonald's?
(a) As a whole.
6. What did Kroc begin thinking of McDonald's as?
(a) A sacred misson.
(b) A sacred family.
(c) A sacred bond.
(d) A sacred experience.
7. How much did the Agates make in its first 12 months?
8. How many parts of the process are there to uphold the common standard qualities for McDonald's?
9. In 1948, what happened to the grander carhop drive-in the McDonald brothers created?
(a) The restaurant wentbankrupt.
(b) The restaurant exploded.
(c) They reorganized the restaurant and shut everything down to start over.
(d) A new side item came to the menu.
10. According to the author, what determines how managers in the restaurant business react to change?
(a) Market value.
(b) Real estate value.
(c) Corporal punishment.
(d) Corporate culture.
11. What rival chain went out of business in Chapter 6?
12. What did Kroc mandate in his restaurants?
(a) The best quality of everything.
(b) Cleanliness and fastidiousness.
(c) Health care.
13. What menu item did McDonald's begin to experiment with in Chapter 6?
(a) French fries.
(b) Fish sandwiches.
(c) Apple pies.
14. What did Kroc want to improve as he focused on building the operating system?
(a) The marketing.
(b) The product.
(c) The advertisements.
(d) The design.
15. How much of the potato crop in 1995 did McDonald's consume, according to McDonald's: Behind the Arches?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the foreword of McDonald's: Behind the Arches explain?
2. What did revenue depend on in McDonald's?
3. What happened when Kroc took over McDonald's?
4. What did Kroc tolerate in his business?
5. Why did managers adopt Kroc's principles?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)