|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the McDonald brothers lack to make their restaurant successful?
(a) Organizational skills.
(d) People skills.
2. What is Kroc considered to be according to Love?
(a) A nice guy.
(b) A management expert.
(c) A practical man.
(d) A management genius.
3. When did McDonald's grander carhop drive-in become a teenage hang out?
(a) The mid 1940s.
(b) The mid 1930s.
(c) The mid 1960s.
(d) The mid 1950s.
4. Where does the restaurant's name McDonald's come from?
(b) Mac McDonald.
(c) Dick McDonald.
(d) Richard McDonald.
5. According to the author, what is the hardest task for a franchiser?
6. When did franchising begin in America?
(a) After the Civil War.
(b) After the Revolutionary War.
(c) After WWII.
(d) After the Vietnam War.
7. What did Kroc redefine with his suppliers?
(a) Customer-supplier relationships.
8. What did Kroc see fighting with maverick franchises would result in?
(a) Fighting about everything.
(b) A bad relationship.
(d) A good partnership.
9. Who discovered fast food?
(c) McDonald brothers.
10. What did Kroc want to improve as he focused on building the operating system?
(a) The design.
(b) The product.
(c) The advertisements.
(d) The marketing.
11. What strategy did Dairy Queen use at its beginning stages of development?
(a) One market.
(b) Getting bigger.
(c) One menu item.
(d) Staying small.
12. What did Kroc begin thinking of McDonald's as?
(a) A sacred misson.
(b) A sacred experience.
(c) A sacred family.
(d) A sacred bond.
13. What did Kroc found in 1952?
(a) McDonald's mascot.
(b) McDonald's System, Inc.
(c) McDonald's arches.
(d) McDonald's Corporation.
14. What business did Kroc first get into?
(a) Farm development.
(c) The real estate market.
(d) The milkshake mixer business.
15. In 1995, according to McDonald's: Behind the Arches, how many American's had eaten at McDonald's at least once in the previous year?
Short Answer Questions
1. What opening became a social event?
2. According to the author, how did Kroc set the tone of McDonald's reaction to change?
3. What did Kroc limit in his business at McDonald's?
4. What menu item did McDonald's begin to experiment with in Chapter 6?
5. Who did Kroc suggest incorporate a curb side service?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)