|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did managers adopt Kroc's principles?
(a) They liked Kroc.
(b) They did not lose the freedom of performing their jobs.
(c) They worked and were effective.
(d) It was not a dictated job.
2. What menu item did McDonald's begin to experiment with in Chapter 6?
(a) French fries.
(b) Fish sandwiches.
(c) Apple pies.
3. Who is the legendary founder of McDonald's?
(a) Dick McDonald.
(b) Mac McDonald.
(c) Richard and Maurice McDonald.
(d) Ray A. Kroc.
4. What did Kroc mandate in his restaurants?
(a) The best quality of everything.
(b) Cleanliness and fastidiousness.
(d) Health care.
5. How much did the first year of the Agates net for Kroc?
6. What strategy did Big Boys use at its beginning stages of development?
(a) One menu item.
(b) Getting bigger and full service.
(c) Staying local.
(d) Getting smaller.
7. What did Kroc do when circumstances made demands?
8. What was the financial state of the McDonald brothers in the 1930s?
(d) Moderately rich.
9. Who is credited for opening the first McDonald's?
(a) Richard and Maurice McDonald.
10. What did Kroc resist profiting from?
(a) Other's ideas.
(b) His franchises.
(c) Unstable markets.
(d) His own ideas.
11. What is Kroc considered to be according to Love?
(a) A practical man.
(b) A management expert.
(c) A management genius.
(d) A nice guy.
12. According to Chapter 6, who were committed to making the best hamburger in the world?
(a) Richard and Maurice.
(d) McDonald's managers.
13. Where did the McDonald brothers open a grander carhop drive-in?
(a) San Bernadino, California.
(b) Hollywood, California.
(c) Chicago, Illinois.
(d) Topeka, Kansas.
14. What type of structure does McDonald's have?
(a) Good food fast.
(b) Family appeal.
(d) Fundamentally federal.
15. What was the result of Kroc's ruthless enforcement of procedure?
(a) He created a team.
(b) He created animosity.
(c) He created a world class supervision team.
(d) He gained respect.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the prologue compare the state of McDonald's main office to?
2. What did Kroc begin thinking of McDonald's as?
3. When did Kroc form the McDonald's system?
4. In 1948, what happened to the grander carhop drive-in the McDonald brothers created?
5. What did Kroc avoid in the franchise business?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)