|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is McDonald's Plaza?
(a) Topeka, KS.
(b) Atlanta, GA.
(c) Oak Brook, IL.
(d) Chicago, IL.
2. What did Kroc avoid in the franchise business?
(a) Fast income.
(b) Dictating control.
(c) Territorial fights.
3. How many parts of the process are there to uphold the common standard qualities for McDonald's?
4. Where was the first US carhop drive-in?
5. What strategy did Dairy Queen use at its beginning stages of development?
(a) One menu item.
(b) Staying small.
(c) Getting bigger.
(d) One market.
6. How much did the Agates make in its first 12 months?
7. Where does the restaurant's name McDonald's come from?
(b) Richard McDonald.
(c) Mac McDonald.
(d) Dick McDonald.
8. Where did Kroc bring his idea of the Multimixer into the public eye?
(a) The market.
(b) Dairy Queen.
9. What was the result of Kroc's ruthless enforcement of procedure?
(a) He created a world class supervision team.
(b) He gained respect.
(c) He created animosity.
(d) He created a team.
10. In 1948, what happened to the grander carhop drive-in the McDonald brothers created?
(a) The restaurant wentbankrupt.
(b) They reorganized the restaurant and shut everything down to start over.
(c) A new side item came to the menu.
(d) The restaurant exploded.
11. What region of the US did Kroc have difficulty expanding McDonald's?
(a) The Southeast.
(b) The Hamptons.
(c) The Midwest.
(d) The West Coast.
12. What menu item did McDonald's begin to experiment with in Chapter 6?
(b) Apple pies.
(c) French fries.
(d) Fish sandwiches.
13. What was the financial state of the McDonald brothers in the 1930s?
(d) Moderately rich.
14. What did Kroc resist profiting from?
(a) Unstable markets.
(b) His franchises.
(c) Other's ideas.
(d) His own ideas.
15. What did Kroc tolerate in his business?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Kroc mandate in his restaurants?
2. What did the McDonald brothers lack to make their restaurant successful?
3. In what state did carhop drive-ins spread rapidly?
4. How did the McDonald brother's envision the future business of McDonald's?
5. What made Kroc upset with one of his franchise managers?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)