|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Franchising Derby.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chapter 3, what did food franchising predate?
(a) Sewing machines.
(b) Chewing gum.
2. What did revenue depend on in McDonald's?
(a) Sales and cost of production.
(b) Sales items.
(c) Sales volume.
(d) The economy.
3. When did franchising begin in America?
(a) After the Civil War.
(b) After WWII.
(c) After the Revolutionary War.
(d) After the Vietnam War.
4. Who discovered fast food?
(b) McDonald brothers.
5. Where did the McDonald brothers open a grander carhop drive-in?
(a) Hollywood, California.
(b) Topeka, Kansas.
(c) San Bernadino, California.
(d) Chicago, Illinois.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the original McDonald's restaurant opened?
2. In 1995, according to McDonald's: Behind the Arches, how many restaurants did McDonald's have?
3. About how many entrepreneurs were pursuing the same idea as Kroc?
4. How many parts of the process are there to uphold the common standard qualities for McDonald's?
5. What social group did the McDonald brothers become a part of because of their drive-in?
This section contains 152 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)