|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Owner/Operator.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Kroc resist that ultimately benefited him?
(a) Putting his financial position ahead of the company's.
(b) Putting his financial position behind the company's.
(c) Good food fast.
(d) The uniform idea of his franchise.
2. What did revenue depend on in McDonald's?
(a) Sales volume.
(b) Sales items.
(c) Sales and cost of production.
(d) The economy.
3. What opening became a social event?
(a) The opening of Agates in Waukegan.
(b) The opening of the Big Boy.
(c) The opening of a drive thru service window.
(d) The opening of Wendy's.
4. When did McDonald's grander carhop drive-in become a teenage hang out?
(a) The mid 1950s.
(b) The mid 1940s.
(c) The mid 1930s.
(d) The mid 1960s.
5. When did franchising begin in America?
(a) After the Civil War.
(b) After the Revolutionary War.
(c) After WWII.
(d) After the Vietnam War.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the prologue compare the state of McDonald's main office to?
2. According to Chapter 3, what did food franchising predate?
3. What happened when Kroc took over McDonald's?
4. What was Kroc careful and conscious not to do in his franchise world?
5. What did Kroc resist profiting from?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)