|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Harry left McDonalds, he:
2. After marrying Joni and giving the Beverly Hills house to Jane, the Kroc's:
3. What other sports team did Ray Kroc purchase?
4. Under Fred Turner's leadership, McDonalds:
5. Where did Kroc meet Joni Smith?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was the buyout of the McDonald brothers financed?
2. What philosophy regarding customer satisfaction did Kroc apply to baseball?
3. When McDonald's went public, what was the share price that the stock opened at?
4. How did Kroc view the price increase?
5. Why didn't Kroc make Fred Turner president right after Harry resigned? Why did he want the position himself for one year?
6. Why did McDonald's introduce the Filet-O-Fish sandwich?
7. How did Kroc deal with the suppliers?
8. When Kroc meets Joni Smith, what does he want her to do?
9. What does Kroc describe as the most fulfilling function in his job?
10. Why did Kroc purchase professional sports teams?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did McDonald's establish Hamburger University? What is the value of training programs? How does this affect the workers?
Essay Topic 2
Why did Ray Kroc want to buy out the McDonald brothers? What problem did the original contract still pose to the company? What were the advantages of the buyout?
Essay Topic 3
The Kroc Foundation had made many charitable contributions to many causes. What is the benefit of a foundation? Why was Kroc at first opposed to establishing one? What made him change his mind?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)