|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Kroc meet Joni Smith?
2. Which position did Ray Kroc hold in the corporation?
3. What McDonald's management philosophy did Kroc apply to baseball?
4. Which of the following was not a part of McDonald's programs in the 1970s?
5. The man who helped arrange the financing for the buyout was:
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Kroc deal with the suppliers?
2. What does Kroc describe as the most fulfilling function in his job?
3. Why did Kroc decide to buyout the McDonald brothers?
4. Kroc applied some of his experience with promotions to baseball. What were some of these things?
5. Why did Kroc move to California?
6. What is Kroc's philosophy regarding money?
7. How did Kroc view the price increase?
8. How did Kroc handle in management duties in 1963?
9. What resulted in the Sonnenburn camp and the Kroc camp?
10. What did Kroc do when the McDonald brothers refused to sell their original San Bernadino location?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did McDonald's establish Hamburger University? What is the value of training programs? How does this affect the workers?
Essay Topic 2
What is Kroc's simple philosophy? Explain, relating it to your own life. Do you think it is a good philosophy? Why or Why not?
Essay Topic 3
What would you consider to be the traits of an entrepreneur? Which of these traits did Kroc possess? How did they prepare him for his career?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)