|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Ray married Jane, they sold the Woodland Hills house and:
2. Which of the following was not a part of McDonald's programs in the 1970s?
3. Even though McDonald business were booming and the company was showing a profit, they faced the problem of:
4. Whic position did Harry Sonnenburn hold in the corporation?
5. In exchange for the loan, McDonald's would:
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Kroc handle in management duties in 1963?
2. Why was McDonald's considering going public?
3. How did Kroc deal with the suppliers?
4. Why does Kroc describe the introduction of new menu items as examples of capitalism in action?
5. Why does Harry Sonnenburn resign the first time?
6. After Fred Turner became president, what functions did Kroc perform for McDonald's?
7. Why did Kroc move to California?
8. How did Kroc view the price increase?
9. When McDonald's went public, what was the share price that the stock opened at?
10. What is Kroc's philosophy regarding money?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ray Kroc went from being Danny Daydreamer to being a multimillionaire. In what ways does McDonald reflect Kroc's dreams and philosophies even though it took its toll on his personal life? Is there a value to being a dreamer?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the McDonald's franchising process? What are the benefits of having a McDonald's franchise over opening your own restaurant? Why?
Essay Topic 3
How did Kroc make his visions for McDonald's into reality? He remained active with the corporation after Fred Turner became president. What were his principal functions? How did he contribute to McDonald's growth?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)