|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a result of the exclusive licensing agreement, McDonalds:
(a) Couldn't open a store in the area.
(b) Received a lower percent of sales.
(c) Had no say in the management issue.
(d) Lost business to competitors.
2. Which of the following was not one of Kroc's failures?
(a) Jane Dobbins Pie Tree chain.
(b) The Hulaburger.
(d) Raymond's restaurant.
3. The McDonald's people referred to the Bristol group as:
(a) The Twelve Apostles.
(b) The New York Group.
(c) The University Group.
(d) The Group.
4. How did Kroc view prices and price increases?
(a) Every penny mattered to the consumer.
(b) Price increases should be tied to the cost of living.
(c) McDonald's should charge the highest price the market would bear.
(d) The fifteen cent hamburger price had to be maintained.
5. What did it cost McDonalds to buyout the exclusive licensing agreement?
(a) $16.5 million.
(b) $8.5 million.
(c) $10 million.
(d) $5 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many states were in the west coast region?
2. What problems did McDonalds face in the Washington DC area that Kroc resolved?
3. When did McDonald's actually pay off the loan?
4. Why did McDonalds introduce the Filet-O-Fish sandwich?
5. Under Fred Turner's leadership, McDonalds:
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Kroc view the price increase?
2. Why does Harry Sonnenburn resign the first time?
3. How did Kroc handle in management duties in 1963?
4. What resulted in the Sonnenburn camp and the Kroc camp?
5. Why did Kroc move to California?
6. When McDonald's went public, what was the share price that the stock opened at?
7. When Kroc meets Joni Smith, what does he want her to do?
8. Why was McDonald's considering going public?
9. What does Kroc describe as the most fulfilling function in his job?
10. What was the biggest area of disagreement between Sonnenburn and Kroc?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)