|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which position did Ray Kroc hold in the corporation?
(c) Chief executive officer.
2. Under Fred Turner's leadership, McDonalds:
(a) Dropped the Filet-O-Fish.
(b) Opened stores in Canada.
(c) Changed their milk shake formula.
(d) Raised prices.
3. Why did McDonalds have low volume in California?
(a) McDonald's have no identity in the multitude of drive-ins.
(b) Staffing problems.
(c) Other stores undersold them.
(d) Poor quality.
4. How did Ray Kroc meet Jane Dobbins Green?
(a) At a John Wayne premier.
(b) Introduction by mutual friends.
(c) At a party.
(d) At a McDonald's store.
5. Kroc assumed the title of president for one year after Harry resigned because he:
(a) He didn't want to share decision making with anyone.
(b) Couldn't find a replacement for Harry.
(c) He had no other choice.
(d) Wanted to make changes in the organization.
Short Answer Questions
1. Approximately how much did the Twelve Apostles make from the deal?
2. Where does Kroc decide he is going at the end of the chapter?
3. As a result of the exclusive licensing agreement, McDonalds:
4. Filet-O-Fish became a regular part of the menu in:
5. How many states were in the west coast region?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Kroc move to California?
2. When Kroc meets Joni Smith, what does he want her to do?
3. After Fred Turner became president, what functions did Kroc perform for McDonald's?
4. What does Kroc describe as the most fulfilling function in his job?
5. Kroc applied some of his experience with promotions to baseball. What were some of these things?
6. Why does Kroc describe the introduction of new menu items as examples of capitalism in action?
7. Why was McDonald's considering going public?
8. Why did Kroc decide to buyout the McDonald brothers?
9. What philosophy regarding customer satisfaction did Kroc apply to baseball?
10. How did Kroc view the price increase?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)