|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. McDonalds lost business after the price increase. How long did it take for the customer counts to recover?
(a) They never achieved their pre-price increase level.
(b) Seven months.
(c) Three months.
(d) One year.
2. What term does Kroc use to describe new product development?
(a) Capitalism in action.
(b) The response of customer demands.
(c) The domain of the operators.
(d) The menu is limited to his favorite dishes.
3. How many hamburgers had McDonalds sold by July 1966?
(a) Two billion.
(b) Three billion.
(c) Five hundred million.
(d) One billion.
4. The man who helped arrange the financing for the buyout was:
(a) Fred Fideli.
(b) John Bristol.
(c) Clem Bohr.
(d) John Gosnell.
5. How did Ray Kroc meet Jane Dobbins Green?
(a) Introduction by mutual friends.
(b) At a McDonald's store.
(c) At a party.
(d) At a John Wayne premier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Under Fred Turner's leadership, McDonalds:
2. Where did Kroc meet Joni Smith?
3. Why was Kroc as interested in California?
4. Which position did Ray Kroc hold in the corporation?
5. Who did Kroc name as president?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the MiniMac concept?
2. What does Kroc describe as the most fulfilling function in his job?
3. What is Kroc's philosophy regarding money?
4. After Fred Turner became president, what functions did Kroc perform for McDonald's?
5. When McDonald's went public, what was the share price that the stock opened at?
6. How was the buyout of the McDonald brothers financed?
7. What resulted in the Sonnenburn camp and the Kroc camp?
8. Kroc applied some of his experience with promotions to baseball. What were some of these things?
9. Why did McDonald's introduce the Filet-O-Fish sandwich?
10. Why did Kroc purchase professional sports teams?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)