|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fixture provided a problem in the Des Plaines location?
(a) The furnace.
(b) The Multimixer.
(c) The lights.
(d) The oven.
2. What product was Kroc selling before forming McDonalds?
(b) Real estate.
(c) Vacuum cleaners.
(d) Used cars.
3. After the real estate job ended, Ray supported his family by:
(a) Working in a restaurant..
(b) Playing piano in a speakeasy.
(c) Selling vacuum cleaners.
(d) Selling encyclopedias.
4. What was the purpose of the Franchise Realty Corporation?
(a) To sell restaurants.
(b) To provide a slush fund for the franchises.
(c) To handle the franchise real estate end of the franchising.
(d) To sell franchises.
5. How many items were being sold by McDonald restaurants at this time?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one of the most successful elements of the McDonald's brothers operation?
2. Ray and Ethel married in:
3. Who did Kroc used to work for?
4. A phrenologist's report on a four year old Ray Kroc predicted that he would:
5. Why did the Kroc's return to Chicago from Miami?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were Kroc's impressions of the restaurant?
2. The McDonald brothers had a successful drive-in business that they closed and revamped. Why?
3. How did Kroc learn about the McDonald brother's restaurant?
4. How did Kroc keep his salary from being cut during the Depression?
5. What two things did Kroc enjoy as he was growing up?
6. What is Kroc's theory of fighting the competition?
7. How did Prohibition help the paper cup business?
8. Why problems did Kroc encounter in Florida?
9. Why did Kroc return to Chicago from New York?
10. What is Kroc's philosophy regarding risks?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)