|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In high school, Ray worked at:
(a) Western Union.
(c) His uncle's drug store and soda fountain.
2. What was Kroc's biggest paper cup account?
(a) Beatrice Creamery.
(d) Wrigley Field.
3. What is the word that Kroc used to describe his feelings at this time?
4. After the real estate job ended, Ray supported his family by:
(a) Selling encyclopedias.
(b) Working in a restaurant..
(c) Playing piano in a speakeasy.
(d) Selling vacuum cleaners.
5. Ray and Ethel married in:
Short Answer Questions
1. Kroc and his advisors wanted McDonald's to be known:
2. How did Ethel feel about Ray going into the Multimixer business?
3. Drive-in food restaurants came into being in:
4. How old was Kroc when he made his deal with the McDonald brothers?
5. The first business Ray opened was:
Short Essay Questions
1. What made Kroc such a successful salesman?
2. Who was Harry Sonnenburn and why did he contact Ray Kroc?
3. Why problems did Kroc encounter in Florida?
4. What is one of Kroc's basic beliefs, given on the first page of the book?
5. Why didn't Kroc have a lawyer represent him in his original negotiations with the McDonald brothers?
6. What is Kroc's philosophy regarding risks?
7. Why did Kroc return to Chicago from New York?
8. How did Prohibition help the paper cup business?
9. Where was Ray Kroc's background?
10. In what way did the McDonald brothers pioneer the fast food business?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)