|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What percent of Kroc's share of gross sales did the McDonald brothers receive?
2. When the McDonald brothers explained their operation, what impressed Kroc?
(a) They were using his Multimixers.
(b) The simplicity and effectiveness of their system.
(c) The quality of the food.
(d) Their prices.
3. What was one of the most successful elements of the McDonald's brothers operation?
(a) Soft drinks.
(d) French fries.
4. In 1960, McDonald's opened the first company built store in:
(a) Torrence, California.
(b) San Diego, California.
(c) Chicago, Illinois.
(d) Columbus, Ohio.
5. What foodstuff provided a problem that had to be resolved at the Des Plaines location?
(a) French fries.
(b) Milk shakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the agreement, Kroc would receive a franchise fee of:
2. The One-In-a-Million was:
3. Kroc and his staff decided that the best growth path was to:
4. After the real estate job ended, Ray supported his family by:
5. McDonalds raised the money to pay the liens by:
Short Essay Questions
1. The McDonald brothers had a successful drive-in business that they closed and revamped. Why?
2. What contract clause caused problems for Kroc?
3. In what way did the McDonald brothers pioneer the fast food business?
4. What did Kroc do when he first arrived at McDonald brothers?
5. In spite of the growth of the company, it was cash strapped and had problems borrowing money. How did they solve this problem?
6. What was Kroc's occupation before forming McDonald's?
7. How did the growth of McDonald's benefit the company's suppliers?
8. What decision did Kroc and his staff make regarding restaurant development?
9. What were Kroc's impressions of the restaurant?
10. How did Kroc come to sell Multimixers?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)