|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Harry Sonnenburn involved in at this time?
(a) Preparing to take the company public.
(b) Looking for a new job.
(c) Starting his own company.
(d) Looking to hire a new president.
2. Filet-O-Fish became a regular part of the menu in:
3. Kroc fulfilled one of his dreams on March 8, 1969 when he:
(a) Married Joni.
(b) Purchased the Chicago Cubs.
(c) Formally retired from McDonalds.
(d) Set out on a world cruise.
4. What was June Martino's nickname?
(b) The Business Lady.
(c) The Gentle Lady.
(d) The Vice-President of Equilibrium.
5. McDonald's faced opposition from some of their operators in the form of:
(b) Court cases.
(d) The McDonald's Operators Association.
6. Which of the following was not one of Kroc's failures?
(a) Raymond's restaurant.
(b) Jane Dobbins Pie Tree chain.
(d) The Hulaburger.
7. What new rule was made because of Kroc's action at the first home game?
(a) A limit on the number of promotions.
(b) The park must be landscaped according to league requirements.
(c) Only the official announcer can use the public address system.
(d) Only players and game officals can be on the field.
8. Who did Kroc name as president?
(a) Luigi Salveneschi.
(b) Dick Boylan.
(c) Fred Turner.
(d) June Martino.
9. The major reason why Kroc wanted to end the association with the McDonald brothers was:
(a) They interferred too much in company decisions.
(b) They demanded managerial positions.
(c) They refused to sell their San Bernardino store to the corporation.
(d) Their refusal to alter any of the terms of the original agreement.
10. Why did McDonalds have low volume in California?
(a) Other stores undersold them.
(b) McDonald's have no identity in the multitude of drive-ins.
(c) Staffing problems.
(d) Poor quality.
11. Whic position did Harry Sonnenburn hold in the corporation?
(a) Executive vice president.
(b) President and chief executive officer.
(d) Senior vice president.
12. What did Kroc do with the baseball park non-player staff?
(a) Restructured the management.
(b) Gave them pay increases.
(d) Brought in his own people.
13. Why was Kroc as interested in California?
(a) The state had a potential equal to almost the rest of the US market.
(b) It was the site of the original McDonald brothers stores.
(c) He wanted to get away from Chicago.
(d) The McDonald brothers lived there.
14. The new design of McDonald buildings included:
(a) Parking lot services.
(b) Seating room.
(c) Table services.
(d) No golden arches.
15. In exchange for the loan, McDonald's would:
(a) Yield managerial control until the loan is repaid.
(b) Give the group a seat on the board.
(c) Change their mangement policies.
(d) Pay .5% of gross sales for three periods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kroc told sportswriters that he estimated it would take how long to rebuild the team?
2. How many hamburgers had McDonalds sold by July 1966?
3. The issues that resulted in Harry Sonnenburn's resignation was:
4. When did McDonald's actually pay off the loan?
5. When did Sonnenburn assume this position?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)