|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Harry left McDonalds, he:
(b) Opened a rival business.
(c) Remained a consultant to the company.
(d) Sold his stock.
2. Where was Hamburger University located?
(a) Arlington Heights, Illinois.
(b) Elk Grove Village, Illinois.
(c) Chicago, Illinois.
(d) Des Plaines, Illinois.
3. Where does Kroc decide he is going at the end of the chapter?
(b) Las Vegas.
4. How did Ray Kroc meet Jane Dobbins Green?
(a) At a John Wayne premier.
(b) At a party.
(c) Introduction by mutual friends.
(d) At a McDonald's store.
5. How many states were in the west coast region?
6. What did Kroc do with the baseball park non-player staff?
(a) Restructured the management.
(b) Gave them pay increases.
(c) Brought in his own people.
7. How does Kroc describe McDonald's?
(a) A conglomerate.
(b) An organization of loosely affiliated regions.
(c) An organization of small businessmen.
(d) A corporate monolith.
8. Under Fred Turner's leadership, McDonalds:
(a) Raised prices.
(b) Dropped the Filet-O-Fish.
(c) Changed their milk shake formula.
(d) Opened stores in Canada.
9. Kroc fulfilled one of his dreams on March 8, 1969 when he:
(a) Formally retired from McDonalds.
(b) Set out on a world cruise.
(c) Married Joni.
(d) Purchased the Chicago Cubs.
10. The issues that resulted in Harry Sonnenburn's resignation was:
(a) Disagreements over staff promotions.
(b) His salary demands.
(c) his insistance on price increases .
(d) His conservatism in real estate development.
11. Who did Kroc name as president?
(a) Dick Boylan.
(b) Luigi Salveneschi.
(c) June Martino.
(d) Fred Turner.
12. How many hamburgers had McDonalds sold by July 1966?
(a) Five hundred million.
(b) One billion.
(c) Three billion.
(d) Two billion.
13. What was June Martino's nickname?
(b) The Vice-President of Equilibrium.
(c) The Business Lady.
(d) The Gentle Lady.
14. Why were people wearing chef's hats given free admission to the park the day?
(a) McDonald's sponsored the game.
(b) An opposing team player publicly asked if Kroc thought he was talking to a group of short order cooks.
(c) As an honor to Ray Kroc.
(d) So fans could show their support for McDonald's.
15. What problem was unique to California suppliers?
(a) They weren't reliable.
(b) They wouldn't negotiate with McDonalds.
(c) Some suppliers wouldn't deal with McDonalds.
(d) They formed suppliers cartels.
Short Answer Questions
1. McDonald's faced opposition from some of their operators in the form of:
2. Kroc decided to restructure the company for administrative purposes by:
3. When did Sonnenburn assume this position?
4. Why couldn't McDonalds find a suitable partner for a merger?
5. Kroc, with McDonald offices in Chicago and Los Angeles,:
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)