|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kroc's theory about size of stores and growth?
(a) Begin with small stores and let them expand.
(b) If you think small, you stay small.
(c) All stores must be of uniform size.
(d) He had no theory of the subject.
2. McDonald's faced opposition from some of their operators in the form of:
(a) Court cases.
(b) The McDonald's Operators Association.
3. How many regions did McDonalds plan to establish?
4. How did McDonald's solve its identity problem and improve sales in Calfornia?
(a) Lowered prices.
(b) Hired new managers.
(c) Television advertising campaign.
(d) Improved quality.
5. Who did Kroc name as president?
(a) Dick Boylan.
(b) Luigi Salveneschi.
(c) Fred Turner.
(d) June Martino.
6. Where does Kroc decide he is going at the end of the chapter?
(b) Las Vegas.
7. After Ray married Jane, they sold the Woodland Hills house and:
(a) Moved to Beverly Hills.
(b) Returned to Chicago.
(c) Moved to New York.
(d) Bought a Malibu beach house.
8. Which position did Ray Kroc hold in the corporation?
(a) Chief executive officer.
9. Whic position did Harry Sonnenburn hold in the corporation?
(a) Senior vice president.
(c) Executive vice president.
(d) President and chief executive officer.
10. What is The Monotony Index, formulated by Luigi Salvenschi?
(a) The greater the amount of monotony in a town, the better the chances that McDonalds will be successful.
(b) The menu should be varied so customers don't become bored.
(c) Tasks should be rotated so workers don't become bored.
(d) The store must have music or entertainment for customers.
11. The problems McDonald's eliminated by switching to frozen french fried included all but:
(a) Using square boxes.
(b) Blanching the potatoes.
(c) Lifting nine hundred pound bags of potatoes.
(d) Peeling potatoes.
12. What McDonald's management philosophy did Kroc apply to baseball?
(a) The game was all that mattered.
(b) That customers deserve a quality product or performance for their money.
(c) Fans weren't concerned with quality.
(d) Seat locations needed to be changed.
13. Kroc felt that it was good policy to continue new store development in an economic downturn because:
(a) They would provide jobs.
(b) They had to follow their plan.
(c) Costs were lower.
(d) They wouldn't experience a financial loss.
14. When did McDonald's actually pay off the loan?
15. When McDonalds went public, what was the initial offering price of the stock?
Short Answer Questions
1. Kroc assumed the title of president for one year after Harry resigned because he:
2. What did Kroc do with the baseball park non-player staff?
3. When did Sonnenburn assume this position?
4. Where was Hamburger University located?
5. As a result of the exclusive licensing agreement, McDonalds:
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)