|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What concept did Kroc promote when selling paper cups?
(a) Lower staffing.
(b) Carry-out business.
(c) Less clean-up.
(d) Lower breakage.
2. Why did Ray return to Chicago?
(a) To marry Ethel.
(b) His grandmother was ill.
(c) Better job prospects.
(d) He didn't like New York.
3. Sonnenburn began working for a weekly take home salary of:
4. What function did Clem Bohr fulfill?
(a) Finding ideal locations for McDonald's restaurants in different parts of the country.
(b) Develop a purchasing system.
(c) Develop a financing program.
(d) Train new employeers.
5. Why did Ray move to New York?
(a) Better job prospects.
(b) His family moved due to his father's promotion.
(c) He wanted a change of scene.
(d) Ray was promoted to stock broker.
6. What product was Kroc selling before forming McDonalds?
(b) Vacuum cleaners.
(c) Real estate.
(d) Used cars.
7. McDonalds raised the money to pay the liens by:
(a) Borrowing from suppliers.
(b) Welling stock.
(c) Borrowing from a bank.
(d) Borrowing through a bond issue.
8. What did Ray Kroc have when he returned from California in 1954?
(a) A big order for Multimixers.
(b) A signed contract with the McDonald brothers.
(c) A rejection.
(d) A lot of good ideas.
9. What word does Kroc use to describe Ethel's reaction to his new venture?
(c) Luke warm.
10. Ray Kroc was born and raised in:
(a) Miami, Florida.
(b) Oak Park, Illinois.
(c) New York City.
(d) Los Angeles, California.
11. In order to marry Ethel, Ray found employment:
(a) Selling paper cups for Lily Cup company.
(b) Selling stock.
(c) At a speakeasy.
(d) At Western Union.
12. Where did Kroc locate his first franchise?
(a) Oak Park, Illinois.
(b) Arlington Heights, Illinois.
(c) Downtown Chicago.
(d) Des Plaines, Illinois.
13. What was Kroc's biggest paper cup account?
(a) Wrigley Field.
(c) Beatrice Creamery.
14. During World War I, Ray:
(a) Joined as an ambulance driver.
(b) Stayed in school.
(c) Was rejected.
(d) Stayed home.
15. What is Kroc's theory in fighting the competition?
(a) Stress strengths.
(b) To lower prices.
(c) To increase advertising.
(d) To rely on governments and the courts.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Kroc resolve the problem of the french fries?
2. What kind of lease did the franchises have?
3. Kroc's view on taking risks is that risk:
4. Kroc's philosophy regarding opportunity is to:
5. What was not a part of the original McDonald's menu?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)