|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which state pioneered the drive-in food business?
2. Why did Ray return to Chicago?
(a) His grandmother was ill.
(b) Better job prospects.
(c) He didn't like New York.
(d) To marry Ethel.
3. Why does Kroc say he didn't just copy the McDonald's idea instead of entering into a contract with them?
(a) It was too complicated.
(b) He didn't think of it.
(c) He required their expertise.
(d) It was too costly.
4. What percent of gross sales did Kroc receive from the franchises?
5. Kroc and his advisors wanted McDonald's to be known:
(a) Cheap food.
(b) Good service.
(c) Flashy surroundings.
(d) For high quality food and uniform methods of preparation.
6. Who caused the big crisis McDonald's faced because of mechanic's liens?
(a) June Martino.
(b) Fred Turner.
(c) Harry Sonnenburn.
(d) Clem Bohn.
7. When did the Des Plaines McDonald's open?
(a) January 1, 1955.
(b) Summer, 1955.
(c) April 15, 1955.
(d) January, 1956.
8. What was Kroc responsible for having introduced at Price Castle?
(b) French fries.
(c) Milk shakes.
(d) Hot dogs.
9. How did McDonalds manage to borrow $1.5 million from three insurance companies?
(a) In exchange for 22.5% of their stock.
(b) By signing guarantees.
(c) By improving their balance sheet.
(d) By give them managing control.
10. Who invented the Multimixer?
(a) Ray Kroc.
(b) Bill Veeck.
(c) John Clark.
(d) Earl Prince.
11. What was not a part of the original McDonald's menu?
(c) French fries.
(d) BLT sandwich.
12. It cost Kroc how much to buyout the Frejlack Ice Cream interest in McDonalds?
13. How did Ethel feel about Ray going into the Multimixer business?
(a) She opposed the idea.
(b) She threatened to leave him.
(c) She supported the move.
(d) She had no opinion on the subject.
14. What was Kroc's net worth in 1959?
15. What foodstuff provided a problem that had to be resolved at the Des Plaines location?
(c) Milk shakes.
(d) French fries.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were the early McDonald franchises sold to?
2. Why did the brothers refuse Kroc's original offer?
3. In 1960, McDonald's opened the first company built store in:
4. The cause of the mechanic's liens was due to:
5. What product did Kroc try to sell but failed at?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)