|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were the early McDonald franchises sold to?
(a) Existing restaurants.
(b) Kroc's golfing friends.
(c) Lily Tulip customers.
(d) Prince Castle.
2. Kroc's original contact with the McDonald brothers provided that each franchise unit:
(a) Had to be an exact copy of the original.
(b) Could be designed in any way.
(c) Ccould not use the McDonald name.
(d) Could be designed in any way but had to use the colors of the original.
3. Ray Kroc was born and raised in:
(a) New York City.
(b) Oak Park, Illinois.
(c) Los Angeles, California.
(d) Miami, Florida.
4. What does Kroc describe as 'the most joyous kind of executive experience'?
(a) Watching his creation grow as the result of good decision making.
(b) Making money.
(c) Making important decisions.
(d) Watching the brand name become known.
5. Which product did Ralph Sullivan pioneer?
(a) The Multimixer.
(b) A milk shake made with frozen milk.
(c) The hot fudge sundae.
(d) A revolutionary new paper cup.
6. What function did Clem Bohr fulfill?
(a) Train new employeers.
(b) Finding ideal locations for McDonald's restaurants in different parts of the country.
(c) Develop a financing program.
(d) Develop a purchasing system.
7. What fixture provided a problem in the Des Plaines location?
(a) The furnace.
(b) The lights.
(c) The oven.
(d) The Multimixer.
8. How much money did McDonald's have to raise to pay off the mechanic's liens?
(d) $1 million.
9. Why couldn't the Des Plaines franchise be an exact duplicate of the San Bernadino original?
(a) It was too costly.
(b) Because of union requirements.
(c) Because of differences in climate.
(d) There was not enough space.
10. In high school, Ray worked at:
(b) His uncle's drug store and soda fountain.
(c) Western Union.
11. What was Kroc responsible for having introduced at Price Castle?
(a) French fries.
(b) Hot dogs.
(c) Milk shakes.
12. Kroc's philosophy regarding opportunity is to:
(a) Ignore opportunities.
(b) Take advantage of every opportunity that presents itself.
(c) Carefully sort through opportunities.
(d) Stay with the security of a job.
13. Kroc feels that people can accomplish:
(a) Nothing without money.
(b) Nothing without good contracts.
(c) Whatever they can afford.
(d) Anything they set their minds to.
14. The effects of the purchasing system Kroc devised was to:
(a) Allow franchise owners to buy from whomever they wanted.
(b) Avoid anti-trust problems at a later time.
(c) Raise costs for the franchise owner.
(d) Guarantee profits for Kroc.
15. How did Kroc resolve the problem of the french fries?
(a) By double frying them.
(b) He couln't duplicate the fries of the San Bernardino location.
(c) By changing the brand of oil.
(d) By changing the ingredients.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the purpose of the Franchise Realty Corporation?
2. How did Ethel feel about Ray going into the Multimixer business?
3. After the real estate job ended, Ray supported his family by:
4. In response to being informed of a ten percent pay cut by Lily during the Depression, Kroc did all of the following:
5. Ray's mother earned money by:
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)