|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: "Shall We Just Have a Cigarette on It?".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do most Virginians expect the Revolutionary War to erase?
(a) Their tie to tobacco.
(b) Their hatred of England.
(c) Their debts from England.
2. How are most periodicals in the 1930s toward attacking cigarettes?
3. What custom becomes very common in the United States throughout the 1800s?
(a) Smoking cigarettes.
(b) Anti-smoking campaigns.
(c) Spitting the dark juice.
(d) Selling cigars.
4. Why do farmers have to accept American Tobacco Company's prices?
(a) They risk losing their perishable crop.
(b) They are being blackmailed.
(c) The government is forcing them to comply with ATC.
(d) They trust ATC.
5. How does R.J. Reynolds differentiate his product?
(a) As the "classy" brand.
(b) As the "midwest" brand.
(c) As the "All-American" brand.
(d) As the "down home" brand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is happening to cigarettes on the social front in 1898?
2. American Tobacco Company keeps a tight leash on what?
3. When Columbus arrives in America, what does he discover about tobacco?
4. What is Chesterfield's advertisement for mild cigarettes?
5. How is an article damning smoking as unhealthy quickly lost?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)