|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: "Shall We Just Have a Cigarette on It?".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what angle do many anti-cigarette movements attack smoking?
(a) The moral angle.
(b) The health angle.
(c) The cost angle.
(d) The side-effects angle.
2. What weighs over one ton and has the capacity to produce approximately 200 cigarettes per minute?
(a) The Bonham machine.
(b) The Bansai machine.
(c) The Bullseye machine.
(d) The Bonsack machine.
3. What happens when Teddy Roosevelt's Food and Drug law goes into effect to regulate meat, milk, and flour?
(a) Tobacco is somewhat regulated.
(b) Tobacco is included.
(c) Tobacco is exempted.
(d) Tobacco is strictly regulated.
4. American Tobacco Company keeps a tight leash on what?
(a) Its consumers.
(b) Its slaves that work in the fields.
(c) Its distributors, jobbers, and suppliers.
(d) Its secret recipe.
5. What do magazines describe?
(a) The various types of cigarettes on the market.
(b) The popularity of cigarette smoking.
(c) The risk of inhaling tobacco versus non-inhaling.
(d) The health benefits of smoking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once the large companies realize they have to distinguish themselves without price changes, what do they do?
2. How is the company's reputation tarnished?
3. _______________ claim to fame is the success of his brand, Pall Mall.
4. Who becomes a leading industrialist and leads Winston in sewer and rail upgrades?
5. What is the outcome of an antitrust lawsuit against the major cigarette companies of collusion to fix tobacco prices in 1941?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)