|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11: Stroking the Sow's Ear Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when a major anti-smoking advocate, Lucy Gaston, dies?
(a) The prohibition movement gains steam.
(b) The prohibition movement begins.
(c) The prohibition movement loses steam.
(d) The prohibition movement reforms.
2. What acts to tear down many taboos against women smoking, especially in public?
(a) The civil right's movement.
(b) Young, married women.
(c) The women's suffrage movement.
(d) The federal government.
3. In general, the tobacco industry worked from the top down, while anti-smoking forces worked from the ___________.
(a) Middle down.
(b) Middle up.
(c) Top down.
(d) Ground up.
4. What is the thirty-cent, hand-packed premium cigarette brand being advertised in high-class magazines like THE NEW YORKER?
5. What are not being analyzed for their effectiveness?
(a) Anti-smoking laws.
(d) Medical organizations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Philip Morris, under the supervision of Otway Chalkley, do during the war when faced with leaf supply shortages?
2. When are George Hill's most successful days at creating market share for his products for American Tobacco Company?
3. What does the U.S. Surgeon General call smoking?
4. What does the filter phenomenon seem to do?
5. By the late 1920s, what are medical examiners noticing?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)