|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Seinfeld think it would be uncomfortable saying hello to everyday?
2. Why does Seinfeld not talk to people about his work?
3. What is Seinfeld afraid about hiring for his apartment?
4. What does Seinfeld say he imagined he could taste the difference between as a kid?
5. What does Seinfeld say he is not good at doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Seinfeld think about office work?
2. How has Seinfeld decided to use his money?
3. What does Seinfeld think about malls?
4. What are Seinfeld's thoughts about eating out?
5. Why does Seinfeld not like going to the doctors?
6. Why does Seinfeld think that men like to channel surf?
7. What did Seinfeld think about food as a kid?
8. What does Seinfeld think about old people?
9. What does Seinfeld think about law enforcement work?
10. What does Seinfeld wonder about pharmacists and psychiartrists?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Seinfeld's writing style. How would you describe Seinfeld's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? Does he use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Seinfeld's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think Seinfeld has become such a cultural icon? Why do you think his humor has found a place in countries other than a America? Is his humor "New York" humor? "American" humor?
Essay Topic 3
What are Seinfeld's views on childhood? Does Seinfeld make any serious points about his upbringing or children's upbringing in general? What kind of childhood did Seinfeld have?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)