|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Seinfeld say people like to recommend to each other?
2. What is Seinfeld afraid about hiring for his apartment?
3. What was Seinfeld not very good at as a child?
4. Who does Seinfeld think are the only people who know all the rules to the country?
5. What did Seinfeld's teachers write on his test papers?
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following statements to develop a 500-word essay.
1) SEINLANGUAGE is a rehashing of Seinfeld's older material.
2) SEINLANGUAGE take advantage of Seinfeld's popularity and has no real significance as a book.
Essay Topic 2
Examine Seinfeld's writing style. How would you describe Seinfeld's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? Does he use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Seinfeld's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the world Jerry portrays.
1) What kind of world does Seinfeld portray and what does this world say about him as a person?
2) Why is it important for Seinfeld to create his own unique world?
3) How does Seinfeld make sure that the audience identifies with the world he portrays?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)