|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Seinfeld say he thinks about a lot?
2. Who do women carry photographs of?
3. What seafood does Seinfeld think it is cruel to eat?
4. How do people know they are getting older?
5. What kind of uniform caused boys to beat Seinfeld up?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Seinfeld decided to use his money?
2. What does Seinfeld think about professional wrestling?
3. What does Seinfeld think about going to the movie theater?
4. What does Seinfeld wonder about pharmacists and psychiartrists?
5. What does Seinfeld think about law enforcement work?
6. Why does Seinfeld not like going to the doctors?
7. Why did Seinfeld not call the police when his apartment was robbed?
8. What does Seinfeld think life boils down to?
9. What did Seinfeld think about fair rides as a kid?
10. What does Seinfeld think about malls?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the book. Why do you think these themes are so important to the book? How does Seinfeld express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
Examine New York as a setting.
1) How does Seinfeld use the setting of New York in his comedy?
2) In what way could Seinfeld's humor be seen as New York humor?
3) How does Seinfeld use is New York style humor to appeal to a wide audience?
Essay Topic 3
How has Jerry's live act developed over the years? What influence has he had on his contemporaries? Discuss a touring comedian that owes Jerry for part of his act.
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)