|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Seinfeld say is worse than paying your taxes?
2. What does Seinfeld call footballers?
3. What kind of knives does Seinfeld say TV encouraged him to buy?
4. What job does Seinfeld say he would like to have?
5. What does Seinfeld think that people who try, but fail, to commit suicide should do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Seinfeld's favorite toy as a kid?
2. Why does Seinfeld think Las Vegas is so entertaining?
3. Why did Seinfeld not call the police when his apartment was robbed?
4. What does Seinfeld think life boils down to?
5. What does Seinfeld think about law enforcement work?
6. What does Seinfeld say about lawyers?
7. What does Seinfeld wonder about pharmacists and psychiartrists?
8. What does Seinfeld think about professional wrestling?
9. What does Seinfeld think about suicide?
10. Why does Seinfeld think that unemployment is the toughest job?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine New York as a setting.
1) How does Seinfeld use the setting of New York in his comedy?
2) In what way could Seinfeld's humor be seen as New York humor?
3) How does Seinfeld use is New York style humor to appeal to a wide audience?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the serious side of Seinfeld's comedy.
1) What serious statements do you think Seinfeld makes in his book?
2) Why does good comedy often have a serious side to it?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1990s. How does Seinfeld express these concerns?
2) In what ways do you think the novels meaning would change if it was set in today's society?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)