|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Seinfeld say cannot tell time?
2. What does Seinfeld say that talk show hosts never seem to know?
3. What does Seinfeld say people like to recommend to each other?
4. Who is Seinfeld's favorite Superman?
5. Why can't comedians do "to be continued" shows?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Seinfeld think about going to the movie theater?
2. What does Seinfeld think about taxes?
3. What does Seinfeld love about sports?
4. How has Seinfeld decided to use his money?
5. Why does Seinfeld not like "to be continued shows"?
6. What does Seinfeld think life boils down to?
7. What was Seinfeld's favorite toy as a kid?
8. What does Seinfeld think about law enforcement work?
9. Why does Seinfeld think helmets are a stupid invention?
10. What does Seinfeld say about Superman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the Seinfeld sitcom.
1) How similar is the material in SEINLANGUAGE to the sitcom?
2) In what way does Seinfeld use the character he developed in the sitcom in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1990s. How does Seinfeld express these concerns?
2) In what ways do you think the novels meaning would change if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 3
What do you think are Jerry's influences as a comedian? Who has Jerry influenced? Discuss a television show or shows that bears his mark.
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)