|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Seinfeld's mother do to the food to get him to eat?
2. Where did Seinfeld's parents use to drag him to as a kid?
3. Who does Seinfeld say cannot tell time?
4. What does Seinfeld think life boils down to?
5. Why does Seinfeld think it is funny that the police always have to give someone the Miranda?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Seinfeld say about entertainers?
2. What does Seinfeld think about office work?
3. Why does Seinfeld not like going to the doctors?
4. What did Seinfeld think about fair rides as a kid?
5. What does Seinfeld say about Superman?
6. What did Seinfeld think about food as a kid?
7. What does Seinfeld think about taxes?
8. Why does Seinfeld think that unemployment is the toughest job?
9. What does Seinfeld think about people walking their dogs?
10. What are Seinfeld's thoughts about eating out?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1990s. How does Seinfeld express these concerns?
2) In what ways do you think the novels meaning would change if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
What does Jerry think about answer machines and other modern communications? How much is Jerry's humor rooted in the Nineties?
Essay Topic 3
What does Jerry think about sex? How does he express his thoughts humorously? Do the students think there is serious side to what he is saying? How does Seinfeld express his ideas so the audience can relate to what he is saying?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)