|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Seinfeld think should be licensed?
2. What does Seinfeld say he likes about his life?
3. Who does Seinfeld think it would be uncomfortable saying hello to everyday?
4. What type of place does Seinfeld find too strict?
5. What does Seinfeld think it is fun to do when you are a policeman?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Seinfeld's thoughts about eating out?
2. What does Seinfeld think about taxes?
3. Why does Seinfeld think Las Vegas is so entertaining?
4. Why does Seinfeld not like going to the doctors?
5. Why does Seinfeld not like "to be continued shows"?
6. What does Seinfeld think about people walking their dogs?
7. What does Seinfeld remember about riding in the car with his parents?
8. What does Seinfeld think about office work?
9. Why does Seinfeld think that men like to channel surf?
10. Why does Seinfeld think that unemployment is the toughest job?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the Seinfeld sitcom.
1) How similar is the material in SEINLANGUAGE to the sitcom?
2) In what way does Seinfeld use the character he developed in the sitcom in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Examine New York as a setting.
1) How does Seinfeld use the setting of New York in his comedy?
2) In what way could Seinfeld's humor be seen as New York humor?
3) How does Seinfeld use is New York style humor to appeal to a wide audience?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think Seinfeld has become such a cultural icon? Why do you think his humor has found a place in countries other than a America? Is his humor "New York" humor? "American" humor?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)