|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Seinfeld say people do when they get older?
2. What did Seinfeld's teachers write on his test papers?
3. What does Seinfeld think it must be awful to be called all the time?
4. Why did Seinfeld not call the police when someone robbed his house?
5. What kind of shows does Seinfeld hate on TV?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How has Seinfeld constructed his persona over the years? Was his early comedic persona different to what it is now? How of his real self does he allow into his performance?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the Seinfeld sitcom.
1) How similar is the material in SEINLANGUAGE to the sitcom?
2) In what way does Seinfeld use the character he developed in the sitcom in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think Seinfeld has become such a cultural icon? Why do you think his humor has found a place in countries other than a America? Is his humor "New York" humor? "American" humor?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)