|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Seinfeld think is the toughest?
2. Who does Seinfeld think the movie theater refuses to hire?
3. What does Seinfeld's unemployed friend have to work hard at doing?
4. What did Seinfeld's mother do to the food to get him to eat?
5. What does Seinfeld think makes little sense at movie theaters?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Seinfeld think about going to the movie theater?
2. Why does Seinfeld think Las Vegas is so entertaining?
3. What was Seinfeld's favorite toy as a kid?
4. What are Seinfeld's thoughts about eating out?
5. What does Seinfeld think about taxes?
6. What does Seinfeld say about entertainers?
7. What does Seinfeld think about people walking their dogs?
8. What does Seinfeld think about old people?
9. What does Seinfeld remember about riding in the car with his parents?
10. Why does Seinfeld think that men like to channel surf?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do the students think Seinfeld would want to write a book about his thoughts? Do the students think the book has any significance beyond light entertainment?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Seinfeld's writing style. How would you describe Seinfeld's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? Does he use any specific writing techniques? What meaning does Seinfeld's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the Seinfeld sitcom.
1) How similar is the material in SEINLANGUAGE to the sitcom?
2) In what way does Seinfeld use the character he developed in the sitcom in the book?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)