|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Seinfeld say men like to do when watching TV?
2. What does Seinfeld think it must be awful to be called all the time?
3. Who does Seinfeld say cannot tell time?
4. What does Seinfeld hate the clerk doing when he goes shopping?
5. What is Seinfeld afraid about hiring for his apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Seinfeld think about law enforcement work?
2. Why does Seinfeld not like going to the doctors?
3. Why does Seinfeld think that unemployment is the toughest job?
4. What does Seinfeld think about going to the movie theater?
5. What does Seinfeld think about professional wrestling?
6. What did Seinfeld think about fair rides as a kid?
7. What was Seinfeld's favorite toy as a kid?
8. What does Seinfeld say about lawyers?
9. What does Seinfeld think about people walking their dogs?
10. What does Seinfeld love about sports?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How has Seinfeld developed his comedic persona over the years? How important is a strong persona in comedy? What role did his television show play in developing this persona?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the world Jerry portrays.
1) What kind of world does Seinfeld portray and what does this world say about him as a person?
2) Why is it important for Seinfeld to create his own unique world?
3) How does Seinfeld make sure that the audience identifies with the world he portrays?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following statements to develop a 500-word essay.
1) SEINLANGUAGE is a rehashing of Seinfeld's older material.
2) SEINLANGUAGE take advantage of Seinfeld's popularity and has no real significance as a book.
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)