|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Seinfeld say he imagined he could taste the difference between as a kid?
2. What kind of uniform caused boys to beat Seinfeld up?
3. Who does Seinfeld say stands very high?
4. What kind of cars does Seinfeld say he liked as a kid?
5. What member of the orchestra does Seinfeld wonder about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Seinfeld say about Superman?
2. What does Seinfeld say about entertainers?
3. What does Seinfeld think about suicide?
4. Why does Seinfeld not like "to be continued shows"?
5. Why does Seinfeld think that unemployment is the toughest job?
6. Why does Seinfeld think helmets are a stupid invention?
7. What does Seinfeld wonder about pharmacists and psychiartrists?
8. What does Seinfeld think about going to the movie theater?
9. What does Seinfeld think about malls?
10. What does Seinfeld think about old people?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the serious side of Seinfeld's comedy.
1) What serious statements do you think Seinfeld makes in his book?
2) Why does good comedy often have a serious side to it?
Essay Topic 2
How has Seinfeld constructed his persona over the years? Was his early comedic persona different to what it is now? How of his real self does he allow into his performance?
Essay Topic 3
What does Jerry think about answer machines and other modern communications? How much is Jerry's humor rooted in the Nineties?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)