|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What state do Seinfeld's parents live in?
2. Why does Seinfeld hate "to be continued" shows?
3. What job does Seinfeld say he would like to have?
4. Why does Seinfeld think his parents live in Florida?
5. What does Seinfeld say people do when they get older?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Seinfeld think about suicide?
2. What does Seinfeld think about office work?
3. What does Seinfeld think about professional wrestling?
4. What does Seinfeld think about law enforcement work?
5. What does Seinfeld wonder about pharmacists and psychiartrists?
6. Why did Seinfeld not call the police when his apartment was robbed?
7. Why does Seinfeld think helmets are a stupid invention?
8. What does Seinfeld think life boils down to?
9. Why does Seinfeld think that unemployment is the toughest job?
10. What does Seinfeld say about lawyers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the Seinfeld sitcom.
1) How similar is the material in SEINLANGUAGE to the sitcom?
2) In what way does Seinfeld use the character he developed in the sitcom in the book?
Essay Topic 2
How has Seinfeld developed his comedic persona over the years? How important is a strong persona in comedy? What role did his television show play in developing this persona?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the book. Why do you think these themes are so important to the book? How does Seinfeld express these themes?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)