|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What holiday honors the era when Pirates freely roamed the Earth?
2. What does Henderson say about other religions?
3. "The Case for the Church of the Immaculate Induction" seeks to inject what into religion?
4. According to Henderson, why might the Flying Spaghetti Monster have interfered with aboriginal hunters?
5. What was the "Noodly power cast down to Earth" described by Benjamin Franklin?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Henderson, why should Pastafarian missionaries spend their time in high-traffic areas?
2. Why does Henderson suggest gluing the googly eyes to pipe-cleaners first while making the Flying Spaghetti Monster Simulacrum?
3. In his first pamphlet, what three reasons does Henderson offer non-believers to convert?
4. Why do contemporary "Pirates," like sports teams, pirate costumes, and literal pirates, not positively influence global weather?
5. What is the "olive branch" Henderson offers to Intelligent Design proponents in his "Final Note?"
6. What is implied in the photograph that shows the Flying Spaghetti Monster present at a lunar landing?
7. What about the pasta shape called couscous supports the assertion that the Flying Spaghetti Monster gives "a gift of pasta to which [people] can understand?"
8. What did Giordano Bruno do as a spy against the Catholics that causes Henderson to dub him "a major asshole?"
9. Why did Galileo go on trial for his theories?
10. What method of fund-raising employed by televangelist Christians does Henderson consider unethical?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay explaining Intelligent Design. What does Intelligent Design teach? What are some different versions of Intelligent Design? How does Henderson present the theory of ID? Compare and contrast ID with Flying Spaghetti Monsterism. What do the two have in common? What are some differences between the two theories?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about persecution faced by the Pastafarian church. Topics one may want to consider include: the battle between Pirates and Hari Krishnas, Henderson's arguments about including Pastafarianism in schools, the general reception of Pastafarianism as described by Henderson, and Henderson's advice about persecution included in "A Final Note from Bobby Henderson and His Staff."
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay concerning the sections of Henderson's books entitled "The Need for Alternate Theories" and "An Alternate Viewpoint." Some questions one may want to consider include: Why do Henderson and Longshanks insist that alternate theories must be taught in schools? What are the theories the two want taught in schools? What are the implications of including all theories in school curricula? Do the authors want all theories taught in schools, or just certain ones?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)