|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of flour is the Flying Spaghetti Monster made of?
2. Henderson says that Leonardo Da Vinci invented what video game?
3. Why did the Flying Spaghetti Monster create the moon?
4. Why does Henderson say there are so many inaccuracies and contradictions in Pastafarianism.
5. Who does Henderson say is known as "The Original Renaissance Man?"
Short Essay Questions
1. Name three things that are necessary to do or have in order to act like a Pirate.
2. What does Henderson say to Evolutionists in his "Final Note?"
3. What about the pasta shape called couscous supports the assertion that the Flying Spaghetti Monster gives "a gift of pasta to which [people] can understand?"
4. What is the "olive branch" Henderson offers to Intelligent Design proponents in his "Final Note?"
5. Why do bad things happen to good people if the Flying Spaghetti Monster is benevolent?
6. What did the Flying Spaghetti Monster do on the night of the Second Day?
7. According to Henderson, why should Pastafarian missionaries spend their time in high-traffic areas?
8. Why do contemporary "Pirates," like sports teams, pirate costumes, and literal pirates, not positively influence global weather?
9. What did Giordano Bruno do as a spy against the Catholics that causes Henderson to dub him "a major asshole?"
10. In his first pamphlet, what three reasons does Henderson offer non-believers to convert?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay assessing Henderson's statement that "Pastafarianism is the only religion based on empirical evidence." What empirical evidence does Henderson use to support Pastafarianism? How does Henderson's assertion mesh with his inclusion of elements like "SuperScience" and Henderson's insistence that all theories are equally valid?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one individual that appears in Henderson's "A History of Heretics" section. Write an essay explaining the life and teachings of that individual, and the role that person plays in history. After establishing the individual's history and historical significance, explain what about their life or teachings makes them heretical to the Pastafarian church.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay using the section entitled "Toward a New SuperScient" as an inspiration. Take one of two positions; one, that science and superstition should be kept entirely separate, or the other, the superstition and science should be taught together. What are the pros of the chosen position? Use Henderson's book and other outside sources to support your arguments.
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)