|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What holiday to Pastafarians celebrate by eating only Ramen noodles?
2. In the Flying Spaghetti Monster Simulacrum, what are the cut rubber bands tied to?
3. Who does Henderson say is known as "The Original Renaissance Man?"
4. What is the main component in the Flying Spaghetti Monster Simulacrum?
5. What man-made object can be seen from space and is suspected to be a tribute to the Flying Spaghetti Monster?
Short Essay Questions
1. What "one troubling misunderstanding" about Pastafarian saints does Henderson address in "A Guide to the Holidays?"
2. Why did Galileo go on trial for his theories?
3. What about the pasta shape called couscous supports the assertion that the Flying Spaghetti Monster gives "a gift of pasta to which [people] can understand?"
4. What does Henderson say to Evolutionists in his "Final Note?"
5. What retail store does Henderson mention in the section dedicated to the Pastafarian holiday called "Holiday," and why does he mention that store?
6. In his first pamphlet, what three reasons does Henderson offer non-believers to convert?
7. What is implied in the photograph that shows the Flying Spaghetti Monster present at a lunar landing?
8. What is the significance of the hieroglyph that allegedly shows the Flying Spaghetti Monster in an Egyptian tomb?
9. What did Giordano Bruno do as a spy against the Catholics that causes Henderson to dub him "a major asshole?"
10. What did the Flying Spaghetti Monster do on the night of the Second Day?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In an essay, analyze the debate about the inclusion of alternate theories in school curricula. Include the positions of at least three groups; Evolutionists, Intelligent Design proponents, and Pastarians. Include each groups' major arguments, proofs, and evidence for their stances.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay concerning the sections of Henderson's books entitled "The Need for Alternate Theories" and "An Alternate Viewpoint." Some questions one may want to consider include: Why do Henderson and Longshanks insist that alternate theories must be taught in schools? What are the theories the two want taught in schools? What are the implications of including all theories in school curricula? Do the authors want all theories taught in schools, or just certain ones?
Essay Topic 3
Henderson often focuses extensively on the theory of Evolution. Write an essay that includes a short history of Evolution, including its origins, what it teaches, and some evidences scientists use to support the theory. In your essay, also include Henderson's arguments against Evolution. Can the two theories (Evolution and Flying Spaghetti Monsterism) ever be reconciled? If the FSM created Evolution, can it still be considered a possible theory?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)