|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the least commercial Pastafarian holiday?
2. In "Fund-Raising," what is not required by the Flying Spaghetti Monster church?
3. Why did the Flying Spaghetti Monster create the moon?
4. Why did the Flying Spaghetti Monster create land?
5. Henderson says that Leonardo Da Vinci invented what video game?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is implied in the photograph that shows the Flying Spaghetti Monster present at a lunar landing?
2. What is the "olive branch" Henderson offers to Intelligent Design proponents in his "Final Note?"
3. What is the significance of the hieroglyph that allegedly shows the Flying Spaghetti Monster in an Egyptian tomb?
4. What "one troubling misunderstanding" about Pastafarian saints does Henderson address in "A Guide to the Holidays?"
5. Why does Henderson suggest gluing the googly eyes to pipe-cleaners first while making the Flying Spaghetti Monster Simulacrum?
6. What about the pasta shape called couscous supports the assertion that the Flying Spaghetti Monster gives "a gift of pasta to which [people] can understand?"
7. What did Giordano Bruno do as a spy against the Catholics that causes Henderson to dub him "a major asshole?"
8. What "interesting place" is tagged with the Pirate-fish stencil in the "Swag" section of the book?
9. In his first pamphlet, what three reasons does Henderson offer non-believers to convert?
10. What retail store does Henderson mention in the section dedicated to the Pastafarian holiday called "Holiday," and why does he mention that store?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay concerning the sections of Henderson's books entitled "The Need for Alternate Theories" and "An Alternate Viewpoint." Some questions one may want to consider include: Why do Henderson and Longshanks insist that alternate theories must be taught in schools? What are the theories the two want taught in schools? What are the implications of including all theories in school curricula? Do the authors want all theories taught in schools, or just certain ones?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay explaining Intelligent Design. What does Intelligent Design teach? What are some different versions of Intelligent Design? How does Henderson present the theory of ID? Compare and contrast ID with Flying Spaghetti Monsterism. What do the two have in common? What are some differences between the two theories?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay explaining Pastafarianism as a religion. Explain Pastafarianism's beliefs, deity, history/ mythology, Pastafarianists' means of proselytizing, and the controversy surrounding the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)