|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Flying Spaghetti Monster reiterate to Einstein in the photo included in "Key Moments in Pastafarian History?"
2. What group of Christians "should be avoided at all costs?"
3. What is the official religion of Japan?
4. What does Henderson say about other religions?
5. "The Case for the Church of the Immaculate Induction" seeks to inject what into religion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What "one troubling misunderstanding" about Pastafarian saints does Henderson address in "A Guide to the Holidays?"
2. Why does Henderson suggest gluing the googly eyes to pipe-cleaners first while making the Flying Spaghetti Monster Simulacrum?
3. In his first pamphlet, what three reasons does Henderson offer non-believers to convert?
4. Why did the Flying Spaghetti Monster tell the midget to create pasta?
5. What about the pasta shape called couscous supports the assertion that the Flying Spaghetti Monster gives "a gift of pasta to which [people] can understand?"
6. Why do contemporary "Pirates," like sports teams, pirate costumes, and literal pirates, not positively influence global weather?
7. What method of fund-raising employed by televangelist Christians does Henderson consider unethical?
8. What does Henderson say to Evolutionists in his "Final Note?"
9. Name three things that are necessary to do or have in order to act like a Pirate.
10. What retail store does Henderson mention in the section dedicated to the Pastafarian holiday called "Holiday," and why does he mention that store?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about persecution faced by the Pastafarian church. Topics one may want to consider include: the battle between Pirates and Hari Krishnas, Henderson's arguments about including Pastafarianism in schools, the general reception of Pastafarianism as described by Henderson, and Henderson's advice about persecution included in "A Final Note from Bobby Henderson and His Staff."
Essay Topic 2
In an essay, analyze the debate about the inclusion of alternate theories in school curricula. Include the positions of at least three groups; Evolutionists, Intelligent Design proponents, and Pastarians. Include each groups' major arguments, proofs, and evidence for their stances.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay using the section entitled "Toward a New SuperScient" as an inspiration. Take one of two positions; one, that science and superstition should be kept entirely separate, or the other, the superstition and science should be taught together. What are the pros of the chosen position? Use Henderson's book and other outside sources to support your arguments.
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)