|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two elements does Flying Spaghetti Monsterism incorporate equally into its faith?
2. How long did the Flying Spaghetti Monster spend making the Earth appear older?
3. In "More Evidence," where does Henderson look for evidence of the Flying Spaghetti Monster?
4. In "An Alternative Vision," what "grim reality" is NOT mentioned?
5. In "An Alternative Viewpoint," what appliance does Longshanks use to describe the difference between Evolution and Intelligent Design?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of organization is Henderson afraid his readers will think the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster is? What kind of organization does Henderson say Pastafarianism actually is?
2. What evidence does Henderson use to support his theory that kiwi birds are lazy?
3. According to Henderson, why is beer beneficial to college students?
4. What does Henderson say is the more likely ancestor of humanity; apes or Pirates? Why?
5. Henderson asserts that the Earth is actually 5,000 years old. How does he explain the scientific evidence that the Earth is actually billions of years old?
6. According to Henderson, what is the correlation between population increase and humans' increased height?
7. Henderson is convinced that the more one reads his book, the more convinced they will become about two specific points. What are they?
8. What makes Henderson speculate that Evolution could "just mean growing old?"
9. In Henderson's "Unified Spaghetti Theory," how can the reader create life?
10. Why does Henderson write, "I can safely say, then, that anyone against the inclusion of supernatural theories into science wants children to starve?"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Henderson reiterates the importance of Pirates in numerous places throughout The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Write an essay discussing the importance of that group of people to Flying Spaghetti Monsterism. Topics that should be covered include the significance of Pirates to the church as a whole, their effect on global weather, and the differences between FSM Pirates and contemporary pirates.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay examining different means of proselytism used by various religions, and compare and contrast them with the methods set forth in "The Pastafarian Guide to Propaganda." What methods used by Henderson are similar to those from other religions? What are different? Be sure to include means of proselytizing from numerous different religions.
Essay Topic 3
In an essay, analyze the debate about the inclusion of alternate theories in school curricula. Include the positions of at least three groups; Evolutionists, Intelligent Design proponents, and Pastarians. Include each groups' major arguments, proofs, and evidence for their stances.
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)