|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Henderson, what is the Buddhists' sacred text?
2. What term does Henderson use to describe empirical science?
3. In "An Alternative Viewpoint," where does Longshanks say Bobby Henderson purportedly sleep?
4. What does Henderson speculate could be the reason for Flying Spaghetti Monster touching?
5. What is the 'subject in crisis'?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Henderson speculate that Evolution could "just mean growing old?"
2. According to Henderson, why is college so expensive?
3. According to Snodgrass and Jaffari, what was the Flying Spaghetti Monster's state of mind when he created the universe?
4. What evidence does Henderson use to support his theory that kiwi birds are lazy?
5. Name three examples of choices Longshanks lists as being offered to Americans.
6. What type of organization is Henderson afraid his readers will think the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster is? What kind of organization does Henderson say Pastafarianism actually is?
7. What does Henderson say is the more likely ancestor of humanity; apes or Pirates? Why?
8. Name three of the religions and Henderson's titles for their holy books enumerated in "A Letter from Bobby Henderson."
9. Henderson asserts that the Earth is actually 5,000 years old. How does he explain the scientific evidence that the Earth is actually billions of years old?
10. Snodgrass and Jaffari speculate that the Flying Spaghetti Monster is "trying to rekindle the low-carb diet craze" instead of eradicating what negative elements?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay explaining Intelligent Design. What does Intelligent Design teach? What are some different versions of Intelligent Design? How does Henderson present the theory of ID? Compare and contrast ID with Flying Spaghetti Monsterism. What do the two have in common? What are some differences between the two theories?
Essay Topic 2
In an essay, analyze the debate about the inclusion of alternate theories in school curricula. Include the positions of at least three groups; Evolutionists, Intelligent Design proponents, and Pastarians. Include each groups' major arguments, proofs, and evidence for their stances.
Essay Topic 3
Study the concept of peer review that Henderson mentions in his book. Write an essay about the "Communion Test" experiments Henderson runs, and critique his experiments as though you were reviewing his work as part of the peer review process. It may help to look up some examples of peer-reviewed articles or theories.
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)