|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did the Flying Spaghetti Monster spend making the Earth appear older?
2. If witches do exist in the 21st century, why does Henderson say may be the reason they are not much of an issue?
3. According to Henderson, what is unusual about finding dinosaur bone fossils?
4. What is the church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster against?
5. What does Henderson say "fitness" in natural selection means?
Short Essay Questions
1. In his proposed experiment in "Kiwi Birds: Flightless?" what does Henderson suggest the researcher do to give the kiwi bird motivation to fly?
2. What are the two reasons Henderson gives for the decrease in witches in modern society?
3. Explain Henderson's Flying Spaghetti Monster theory of gravity.
4. Why does Henderson assert that "one suggested theory is just as good as another?"
5. Why does Henderson write, "I can safely say, then, that anyone against the inclusion of supernatural theories into science wants children to starve?"
6. What evidence does Henderson use to support his theory that kiwi birds are lazy?
7. According to Henderson, why is beer beneficial to college students?
8. What leads Henderson to conclude that midgets are "on a pedestal in His [the Flying Spaghetti Monster's] eyes?"
9. What does Henderson say is the more likely ancestor of humanity; apes or Pirates? Why?
10. Snodgrass and Jaffari speculate that the Flying Spaghetti Monster is "trying to rekindle the low-carb diet craze" instead of eradicating what negative elements?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay comparing and contrasting Pastafarianism to two other religious parodies. In your essay, summarize the different parodies and explain their significance. Some questions you may want to consider include: What do the parodies have in common? How are they different? What have been some responses to those parodies? What is the purpose behind the parodies? Use quotes and examples from each parody.
Essay Topic 2
Using The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster as a guide, write an essay about the Flying Spaghetti Monster both as a deity and as a cultural phenomenon. Include his characteristics as a god, including His physical appearance, his personality, and his relationship with humanity. Also include his significance in today's culture, including his role in the debate between Evolutionists and Intelligent Design proponents.
Essay Topic 3
Using the various proofs included in the "Enlightenment Institute" section of Henderson's book, choose one method employed by more than one author (mathematics, science, logic, history, etc) to try to prove the existence of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Write your own essay asserting that the Flying Spaghetti Monster does indeed exist, using phrases from your chosen proofs to support any assertions you may make.
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)