|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did the Flying Spaghetti Monster spend making the Earth appear older?
2. If witches do exist in the 21st century, why does Henderson say may be the reason they are not much of an issue?
3. According to Henderson, what is unusual about finding dinosaur bone fossils?
4. What is the church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster against?
5. What does Henderson say "fitness" in natural selection means?
Short Essay Questions
1. In his proposed experiment in "Kiwi Birds: Flightless?" what does Henderson suggest the researcher do to give the kiwi bird motivation to fly?
2. What are the two reasons Henderson gives for the decrease in witches in modern society?
3. Explain Henderson's Flying Spaghetti Monster theory of gravity.
4. Why does Henderson assert that "one suggested theory is just as good as another?"
5. Why does Henderson write, "I can safely say, then, that anyone against the inclusion of supernatural theories into science wants children to starve?"
6. What evidence does Henderson use to support his theory that kiwi birds are lazy?
7. According to Henderson, why is beer beneficial to college students?
8. What leads Henderson to conclude that midgets are "on a pedestal in His [the Flying Spaghetti Monster's] eyes?"
9. What does Henderson say is the more likely ancestor of humanity; apes or Pirates? Why?
10. Snodgrass and Jaffari speculate that the Flying Spaghetti Monster is "trying to rekindle the low-carb diet craze" instead of eradicating what negative elements?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Study the concept of peer review that Henderson mentions in his book. Write an essay about the "Communion Test" experiments Henderson runs, and critique his experiments as though you were reviewing his work as part of the peer review process. It may help to look up some examples of peer-reviewed articles or theories.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay explaining Pastafarianism as a religion. Explain Pastafarianism's beliefs, deity, history/ mythology, Pastafarianists' means of proselytizing, and the controversy surrounding the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay explaining Henderson's argument that the Flying Spaghetti Monster is responsible for the theory of Intelligent Design. Some questions you may want to consider include: How does Henderson's depiction of Intelligent Design proponents mesh with the above argument? If the FSM created ID, and the FSM is also responsible for making the Earth look like the product of Evolution, what does that say about the debate between Evolution and ID?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)