|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Flying Spaghetti Monster reveal Himself to man?
2. Why do Evolutionists argue that kiwi birds never learned to fly?
3. What is the other name for Flying Spaghetti Monsterism?
4. Why does Henderson say The Flying Spaghetti Monster made the duck-billed platypus?
5. What is a word that Henderson says refers to the Flying Spaghetti Monster's mischeviousness?
Short Essay Questions
1. What evidence does Henderson use to support his theory that kiwi birds are lazy?
2. In his proposed experiment in "Kiwi Birds: Flightless?" what does Henderson suggest the researcher do to give the kiwi bird motivation to fly?
3. According to Henderson, why is beer beneficial to college students?
4. What makes Henderson speculate that Evolution could "just mean growing old?"
5. What type of organization is Henderson afraid his readers will think the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster is? What kind of organization does Henderson say Pastafarianism actually is?
6. What are the two reasons Henderson gives for the decrease in witches in modern society?
7. What about the Communion Test makes it a good way to prove the existence of the Flying Spaghetti Monster to unbelievers?
8. In Henderson's "Unified Spaghetti Theory," how can the reader create life?
9. Explain Henderson's Flying Spaghetti Monster theory of gravity.
10. Henderson is convinced that the more one reads his book, the more convinced they will become about two specific points. What are they?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Henderson often focuses extensively on the theory of Evolution. Write an essay that includes a short history of Evolution, including its origins, what it teaches, and some evidences scientists use to support the theory. In your essay, also include Henderson's arguments against Evolution. Can the two theories (Evolution and Flying Spaghetti Monsterism) ever be reconciled? If the FSM created Evolution, can it still be considered a possible theory?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay explaining Henderson's argument that the Flying Spaghetti Monster is responsible for the theory of Intelligent Design. Some questions you may want to consider include: How does Henderson's depiction of Intelligent Design proponents mesh with the above argument? If the FSM created ID, and the FSM is also responsible for making the Earth look like the product of Evolution, what does that say about the debate between Evolution and ID?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay examining different means of proselytism used by various religions, and compare and contrast them with the methods set forth in "The Pastafarian Guide to Propaganda." What methods used by Henderson are similar to those from other religions? What are different? Be sure to include means of proselytizing from numerous different religions.
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)