|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Christian Communion-taker eat?
2. In "More Evidence," where does Henderson look for evidence of the Flying Spaghetti Monster?
3. In "An Alternative Viewpoint," who does Longshanks say will have won if Intelligent Design is not taught in schools?
4. What is the "proposed selective force of Evolution?"
5. In "An Alternative Viewpoint," which manufacturer is NOT included in Longshanks' list of television makers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why have Intelligent Design proponents been "targeting education officials?"
2. What is peer review?
3. Why does the world know so little about the treasure Pirates buried?
4. What does Henderson say is the more likely ancestor of humanity; apes or Pirates? Why?
5. In his proposed experiment in "Kiwi Birds: Flightless?" what does Henderson suggest the researcher do to give the kiwi bird motivation to fly?
6. According to Henderson, what will happen when "the god-hating communists have won?"
7. What point does Henderson use to try to urge people to try Pastafarianism at the end of "A Letter from Bobby Henderson?"
8. What are the two reasons Henderson gives for the decrease in witches in modern society?
9. What about the Communion Test makes it a good way to prove the existence of the Flying Spaghetti Monster to unbelievers?
10. In Henderson's "Unified Spaghetti Theory," how can the reader create life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Henderson reiterates the importance of Pirates in numerous places throughout The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Write an essay discussing the importance of that group of people to Flying Spaghetti Monsterism. Topics that should be covered include the significance of Pirates to the church as a whole, their effect on global weather, and the differences between FSM Pirates and contemporary pirates.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay comparing and contrasting Pastafarianism to two other religious parodies. In your essay, summarize the different parodies and explain their significance. Some questions you may want to consider include: What do the parodies have in common? How are they different? What have been some responses to those parodies? What is the purpose behind the parodies? Use quotes and examples from each parody.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay concerning the sections of Henderson's books entitled "The Need for Alternate Theories" and "An Alternate Viewpoint." Some questions one may want to consider include: Why do Henderson and Longshanks insist that alternate theories must be taught in schools? What are the theories the two want taught in schools? What are the implications of including all theories in school curricula? Do the authors want all theories taught in schools, or just certain ones?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)