|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Henderson says that kiwi birds are what shape?
2. How long has it been since the Flying Spaghetti Monster created the Earth?
(a) 5,000 years.
(b) 6,000,000,000 years.
(c) 1,000,000 years.
(d) 6,000 years.
3. Henderson says that kiwi birds are going extinct for what reason?
(a) They are stupid.
(b) They are ugly.
(c) They make good pets.
(d) They are lazy.
4. What is the "great democratic revival meeting" Henderson references?
(a) The Catholic Church.
(c) Billy Graham crusades.
(d) Intelligent Design conventions.
5. What scientist is NOT included in Longshanks list of Evolution proponents?
(a) Ernst Meyer.
(b) Lee Strobel.
(c) Carl Sagan.
(d) Albert Einstein.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the other name for Flying Spaghetti Monsterism?
2. What image does Henderson use to describe the usefulness of Evolution?
3. Why does the Flying Spaghetti Monster manipulate scientific data?
4. What common college food seems to indicate the Flying Spaghetti Monster's presence on college campuses?
5. When completing Henderson's experiment, how long should one boil the subatomic strings?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Snodgrass and Jaffari, what was the Flying Spaghetti Monster's state of mind when he created the universe?
2. Snodgrass and Jaffari speculate that the Flying Spaghetti Monster is "trying to rekindle the low-carb diet craze" instead of eradicating what negative elements?
3. What leads Henderson to conclude that midgets are "on a pedestal in His [the Flying Spaghetti Monster's] eyes?"
4. Explain Henderson's Flying Spaghetti Monster theory of gravity.
5. Why does Henderson argue that we are not made in the image of the Flying Spaghetti Monster?
6. What about the authors themselves makes Snodgrass and Jaffari assert that their Unintelligent Design theory appeals to religious people and "brainiacs" alike?
7. Henderson is convinced that the more one reads his book, the more convinced they will become about two specific points. What are they?
8. In "Toward a New SuperScience, what are some reasons Henderson says supernatural science or superstition should be combined with empirical science?
9. According to Henderson, why is college so expensive?
10. What is peer review?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)