|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the experiment Henderson describes, what should one do with the kiwi birds to test their ability to fly?
(a) Hypnotize them.
(b) Throw them off a cliff.
(c) Train them to fly.
(d) Raise them with a family of sparrows.
2. What is a word that Henderson says refers to the Flying Spaghetti Monster's mischeviousness?
(a) A plan.
(b) A scheme.
(c) A plot.
(d) A consPiracy.
3. In "An Alternative Vision," what "grim reality" is NOT mentioned?
4. What is the official drink of Pirates?
(b) Iced tea.
(c) Beer, or "rotgut."
(d) Beer, or "grog."
5. What is the "strange and often misunderstood force" that, according to Henderson, the Flying Spaghetti Monster controls with His Noodly Appendage?
(a) Static electricity.
(b) Centrifugal force.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henderson notes that college students tend to consume large amounts of what beverage?
2. What does Henderson say witches eat?
3. According to Henderson, science will no longer be limited by what?
4. In "An Alternative Viewpoint," which manufacturer is NOT included in Longshanks' list of television makers?
5. What scientist is NOT included in Longshanks list of Evolution proponents?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Henderson speculate that Evolution could "just mean growing old?"
2. In Henderson's "Unified Spaghetti Theory," how can the reader create life?
3. How does Henderson describe science at the beginning of "Toward a New SuperScience?"
4. What is natural selection?
5. Why did Portuguese sailors give the dodo bird its name?
6. What evidence does Henderson use to support his theory that kiwi birds are lazy?
7. What discovery about penicillium mold and bacteria was first noticed by Sir Alexander Fleming?
8. Explain Henderson's Flying Spaghetti Monster theory of gravity.
9. According to Henderson, what will happen when "the god-hating communists have won?"
10. What does Henderson say is the more likely ancestor of humanity; apes or Pirates? Why?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)