|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religious group waged war against the Pirates?
(a) The midgets.
(b) The Christians.
(c) The Jains.
(d) The Hari Krishnas.
2. What must exist for science and religion to exist peacefully side by side?
(a) A sit-down meal with Evolutionists and proponents of Intelligent Design.
(b) A miracle.
(c) A new model for dialogue that considers both sides.
(d) The Flying Spaghetti Monster's involvement.
3. What two epithets do Snodgrass and Jaffari use to describe who they try to appeal to?
(a) Brainiacs and NASCAR fans.
(b) Brainiacs and nerds.
(c) Bible-thumpers and brainiacs.
(d) Bible-thumpers and NASCAR fans.
4. What does Henderson NOT include as an ingredient in his recipe for life?
(c) Boiling water.
(d) Elementary particles made from "string."
5. What must be taught to "give young students' minds a broad foundation?"
(a) Alternative theories.
(b) String theory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "random and heartless struggle for dominance, commonly known as the survival of the fittest" described by Longshanks in his note?
2. What does the factory in Flying Spaghetti Monsterism's heaven make?
3. What is the "strange and often misunderstood force" that, according to Henderson, the Flying Spaghetti Monster controls with His Noodly Appendage?
4. Why does Henderson say The Flying Spaghetti Monster made the duck-billed platypus?
5. What is the average height for humans today?
Short Essay Questions
1. Henderson is convinced that the more one reads his book, the more convinced they will become about two specific points. What are they?
2. Why did Portuguese sailors give the dodo bird its name?
3. Why does the world know so little about the treasure Pirates buried?
4. Name three examples of choices Longshanks lists as being offered to Americans.
5. In "Toward a New SuperScience, what are some reasons Henderson says supernatural science or superstition should be combined with empirical science?
6. What evidence does Henderson use to support his theory that kiwi birds are lazy?
7. What about the authors themselves makes Snodgrass and Jaffari assert that their Unintelligent Design theory appeals to religious people and "brainiacs" alike?
8. What leads Henderson to conclude that midgets are "on a pedestal in His [the Flying Spaghetti Monster's] eyes?"
9. Name three of the religions and Henderson's titles for their holy books enumerated in "A Letter from Bobby Henderson."
10. What about the Communion Test makes it a good way to prove the existence of the Flying Spaghetti Monster to unbelievers?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)