|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the 'subject in crisis'?"
2. What does Henderson use to "prove" empirical science's shortcomings?
(a) The popularity of pop music.
(b) The absence of hurricanes.
(c) The lack of discovery of new land.
(d) The discovery of HIV.
3. If witches do exist in the 21st century, why does Henderson say may be the reason they are not much of an issue?
(a) They call themselves Wiccans now, not witches.
(b) They are all hiding and fireproofing themselves.
(c) They are responsible for many trendy pop bands.
(d) The Flying Spaghetti Monster protects them.
4. Henderson says that kiwi birds are going extinct for what reason?
(a) They are lazy.
(b) They are ugly.
(c) They are stupid.
(d) They make good pets.
5. Who does Henderson say is creator of the theory of Intelligent Design?
(b) Ferris P. Longshanks.
(d) The Flying Spaghetti Monster.
6. What happens when the Christian in the experiment eats 2,500 calories of the Communion wafers?
(a) Nothing happens.
(b) He hallucinates.
(c) He goes to sleep.
(d) He is violently ill.
7. What must exist for science and religion to exist peacefully side by side?
(a) A miracle.
(b) A sit-down meal with Evolutionists and proponents of Intelligent Design.
(c) The Flying Spaghetti Monster's involvement.
(d) A new model for dialogue that considers both sides.
8. What does the church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster "stand for?"
(a) All that is cheesy.
(b) All that is purple.
(c) All that is good.
(d) All that is saucy.
9. What does Henderson say the term "ex nihilo" means?
(a) "Out of nothing."
(b) "Out of pasta."
(c) "Out of the sea."
(d) "Out of Doritos."
10. According to Henderson, science provides tools to achieve what purpose?
(a) To allow scientists to entertain themselves.
(b) To act as a modern-day religion.
(c) To enable mankind to solve problems.
(d) To create a method for understanding God.
11. What is the "one undeniable theory" mentioned in "An Alternate Vision?"
(a) The Flying Spaghetti Monster is not very bright.
(b) The Flying Spaghetti Monster does not like people.
(c) The Flying Spaghetti Monster is bored with mankind.
(d) The Flying Spaghetti Monster forgot about Earth.
12. Why did so many ships sink during the Golden Age of Pirates?
(a) They were sunk by enemy Pirates.
(b) The Pirates were poor sailors.
(c) They were overloaded.
(d) They were poorly built.
13. In Longshanks' Evolutionary explanation of televisions, what is NOT included in his list of components?
(b) Spare television parts.
(d) Remote controls.
14. What is the Flying Spaghetti Monsterist's "chosen garb?"
(b) Banana costumes.
(c) Footie pajamas.
(d) Full pirate regalia.
15. According to Henderson, man is created in whose image?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the average height for humans two thousand years ago?
2. Henderson notes that college students tend to consume large amounts of what beverage?
3. What does Henderson say may cause proponents of Intelligent Design to join with Pastafarians?
4. What does the factory in Flying Spaghetti Monsterism's heaven make?
5. According to Henderson, people are playing politics with what topic?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)