|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the "strange and often misunderstood force" that, according to Henderson, the Flying Spaghetti Monster controls with His Noodly Appendage?
(a) Centrifugal force.
(d) Static electricity.
2. What is a word that Henderson says refers to the Flying Spaghetti Monster's mischeviousness?
(a) A consPiracy.
(b) A scheme.
(c) A plot.
(d) A plan.
3. Why do Evolutionists argue that kiwi birds never learned to fly?
(a) They are afraid of heights.
(b) Their favorite food grows close to the ground.
(c) They have no natural predators.
(d) They do not like to sleep in trees.
4. What two elements does Flying Spaghetti Monsterism incorporate equally into its faith?
(a) Silly and not-very-silly.
(b) Natural and pasta-based.
(c) Supernatural and retarded.
(d) Natural and supernatural.
5. According to Henderson, what could happen to make man grow shorter after getting so tall in contemporary times?
(a) More pasta.
(b) Global warming.
(c) A worldwide plague.
(d) An increase in Pirates.
6. Why does Henderson speculate that praying does not cure disease?
(a) People are praying incorrectly or to the wrong God.
(b) People are praying for silly reasons.
(c) God is making spaghetti and is distracted.
(d) God is too busy listening to everyone else's prayers.
7. Who does Longshanks mention as a group who would approve of Intelligent Design theory?
(a) NHL fans.
(b) NASCAR fans.
(c) NFL fans.
(d) NBA fans.
8. According to Henderson, science provides tools to achieve what purpose?
(a) To act as a modern-day religion.
(b) To enable mankind to solve problems.
(c) To create a method for understanding God.
(d) To allow scientists to entertain themselves.
9. When did the Flying Spaghetti Monster reveal Himself to man?
(a) About 2,500 years ago.
(b) About 5,000 years ago.
(c) 100 years ago.
(d) He has not revealed himself yet.
10. Why does the Flying Spaghetti Monster manipulate scientific data?
(a) To mislead humans.
(b) To fix his mistakes.
(c) To pass the time.
(d) To make people angry.
11. What is the "great democratic revival meeting" Henderson references?
(b) Intelligent Design conventions.
(c) The Catholic Church.
(d) Billy Graham crusades.
12. What must be taught to "give young students' minds a broad foundation?"
(b) Alternative theories.
(d) String theory.
13. According to Henderson, science will no longer be limited by what?
(a) Test books.
(b) Lack of education.
(c) Poorly made microscopes.
(d) Natural explanations.
14. What animal causes Henderson to question the process of natural selection?
(a) The hippopotamus.
(b) The Indonesian mudskipper.
(c) The duck-billed platypus.
(d) The horny toad.
15. In "An Alternative Viewpoint," who does Longshanks say are NOT voices for Evolution?
(a) Liberal media.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Henderson say "no one in the real world is going to take Evolution seriously?"
2. Who does Henderson say is creator of the theory of Intelligent Design?
3. When completing Henderson's experiment, how long should one boil the subatomic strings?
4. Why does Henderson say The Flying Spaghetti Monster made the duck-billed platypus?
5. What must exist for science and religion to exist peacefully side by side?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)