|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom must forgiveness occur?
2. According to scientific studies and contrary to conventional beliefs, how is forgiveness viewed for the individual?
3. An individual could mistakenly assume that listening gives their partner freedom to act with which emotion?
4. In addition to feeling safe, children also need to feel which emotion?
5. Adults who lack self-discipline often did not have which childhood experience?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the 'flip-flop' factor described in Chapter 5?
2. If children do not value themselves, what could happen during their marriage as adults?
3. Why does the author recommend a 'covenant of promises' at the end of Chapter 9?
4. What is a schema?
5. What crucial skill is addressed in detail in Chapter 7?
6. What action must the unfaithful partner take for intimate talk to be successful?
7. What will happen if one partner wants to change the sexual practices in their marriage?
8. What experience can influence an individual's ability to engage in intimate talk and intimate listening?
9. In the process of rebuilding trust, what is a couple most likely to come to a stalemate over?
10. What are some assumptions a hurt partner could make about sexual intimacy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The effect of the affair on the children is an important consideration for both partners to remember.
Compare and contrast the feelings the hurt and unfaithful partners have towards the children regarding the affair.
Essay Topic 2
What are the three stages of post-affair healing?
Illustrate each stage with an case study of a couple experiencing this stage provided in the book.
Essay Topic 3
The author provides physical documents that couples are advised to fill out and sign to establish a public record of their commitment to the marriage. Choose one of these documents and explain its overall purpose and its relevancy in rebuilding the relationship.
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)