|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Negative feelings are not implied during forgiveness to have which outcome?
2. A bulleted list is provided in Chapter 9 describing which aspects of forgiveness?
3. If forgiveness is offered too quickly, how can it affect the individual?
4. How should behaviors that detract from trust be addressed?
5. How should children connect with others?
Short Essay Questions
1. What experience can influence an individual's ability to engage in intimate talk and intimate listening?
2. Who must change in a relationship to build trust again?
3. Do men and women typically differ in their abilities to engage in intimate talk and intimate listening?
4. Why is intimate talk necessary to learn?
5. What will happen if one partner wants to change the sexual practices in their marriage?
6. If children do not feel safe and secure, what could happen during their marriage as adults?
7. What crucial skill is addressed in detail in Chapter 7?
8. Why do people typically exhibit behaviors in their comfort zone?
9. What is the 'flip-flop' factor described in Chapter 5?
10. If an individual is working to forgive, how can they address the negative behaviors of their partner?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain a typical reaction as a hurt partner, an unfaithful partner, and in response to the requirement of intimate talking and listening to rebuild the relationship from the stereotypical point of view of the male gender.
Essay Topic 2
A hurt partner can choose whether or not to forgive the unfaithful partner.
How does the process of forgiveness align with the losses experienced by the hurt partner?
Cite three examples.
Essay Topic 3
When a person refuses to change, it is often due to cognitive blocks formed by false rationalizations.
Citing three examples, how could you convince a person that the cognitive blocks, that are inhibiting the necessary change, are untrue?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)