|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. If the unfaithful partner is not interested in sex, the hurt partner may assume which possibility?
2. Couples often assume that sexual desire should be experienced in which way by each partner?
3. Chapter 9 concludes with a document that is meant to help a couple in which way?
4. If forgiveness is offered too quickly, how can it affect the individual?
5. After an emotional confrontation, how do women typically feel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do people typically exhibit behaviors in their comfort zone?
2. Who must change in a relationship to build trust again?
3. Do men and women typically differ in their abilities to engage in intimate talk and intimate listening?
4. If children do not value themselves, what could happen during their marriage as adults?
5. What are some assumptions an unfaithful partner could make about sexual intimacy?
6. What are some assumptions a hurt partner could make about sexual intimacy?
7. Why is intimate listening necessary to learn?
8. What are the assumptions couples make about orgasms?
9. In Chapter 6, the author recommends a graph for what reason?
10. If children do not feel safe and secure, what could happen during their marriage as adults?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain a typical reaction as a hurt partner, an unfaithful partner, and in response to the requirement of intimate talking and listening to rebuild the relationship from the stereotypical point of view of the male gender.
Essay Topic 2
The effect of the affair on the children is an important consideration for both partners to remember.
Compare and contrast the feelings the hurt and unfaithful partners have towards the children regarding the affair.
Essay Topic 3
Even after a couple has recommitted to their marriage, the unfaithful partner could decide to embark on another extramarital affair.
What are three reasons this may occur?
What are three warning signs the could indicate this possibility?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)