|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Analyzing childhood experiences can lead to which result in a marriage?
2. The responsibility for the shortcomings in a marriage belongs to whom?
3. The author uses the term 'flip-flop' to describe which factor?
4. Behaviors that build trust are divided in the book into two categories based on which factor?
5. Who do children need to value in their lives?
Short Essay Questions
1. How can an affair positively affect a marriage?
2. In the process of rebuilding trust, what is a couple most likely to come to a stalemate over?
3. If children do not feel safe and secure, what could happen during their marriage as adults?
4. How can history repeat itself through children of unfaithful parents growing up to be unfaithful adults?
5. Why do people typically exhibit behaviors in their comfort zone?
6. If children do not value themselves, what could happen during their marriage as adults?
7. What will happen if one partner wants to change the sexual practices in their marriage?
8. What is a schema?
9. What action must the unfaithful partner take for intimate talk to be successful?
10. If an individual is working to forgive, how can they address the negative behaviors of their partner?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how an affair can be understood in context with a timeline of critical life events.
Include three critical life events that could influence the timing of an affair.
Essay Topic 2
A hurt partner can choose whether or not to forgive the unfaithful partner.
How does the process of forgiveness align with the losses experienced by the hurt partner?
Cite three examples.
Essay Topic 3
Even after a couple has recommitted to their marriage, the unfaithful partner could decide to embark on another extramarital affair.
What are three reasons this may occur?
What are three warning signs the could indicate this possibility?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)