|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to feeling safe, children also need to feel which emotion?
2. Intimate listening can be described as which skill?
3. How does the book describe the process of changing behavior?
4. For whom must forgiveness occur?
5. How do most unfaithful partners describe sex with their lover?
Short Essay Questions
1. What action must the unfaithful partner take for intimate talk to be successful?
2. What will happen if one partner wants to change the sexual practices in their marriage?
3. What crucial skill is addressed in detail in Chapter 7?
4. If children do not feel safe and secure, what could happen during their marriage as adults?
5. Why does the author recommend a 'covenant of promises' at the end of Chapter 9?
6. How does the author describe forgiveness in Chapter 9?
7. Why is intimate listening necessary to learn?
8. What are some assumptions a hurt partner could make about sexual intimacy?
9. How can history repeat itself through children of unfaithful parents growing up to be unfaithful adults?
10. What is the 'flip-flop' factor described in Chapter 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider the low-cost behaviors suggested by the author which can change behavior post-affair.
Compare and contrast the effectiveness of changing these behaviors to the high-cost behaviors suggested.
How could these changes positively affect a relationship after the discovery of an affair?
Essay Topic 2
When a person refuses to change, it is often due to cognitive blocks formed by false rationalizations.
Citing three examples, how could you convince a person that the cognitive blocks, that are inhibiting the necessary change, are untrue?
Essay Topic 3
Choose a case study from the book involving a couple post-affair and a religious leader. Analyze this case study from the point of view of the religious leader.
Explain how the religious leader would advise the couple to work towards rebuilding their relationship based on the advice from the book. Make sure to include three steps the religious leader should advise the couple to take.
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)