|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. If a childhood experience is missing from a person's life, the person will compensate with patterned, negative behavior referred to with which term?
2. According to Chapter 6, how can trust be restored in a person?
3. In addition to feeling safe, children also need to feel which emotion?
4. If the listener repeats the ideas back to the speaker, they are using which technique?
5. Which is an example of a behavior that may take a considerable toll on a partner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some assumptions a hurt partner could make about sexual intimacy?
2. In Chapter 6, the author recommends a graph for what reason?
3. How does the author describe forgiveness in Chapter 9?
4. In the process of rebuilding trust, what is a couple most likely to come to a stalemate over?
5. How can trust in a relationship be restored?
6. What are the assumptions couples make about orgasms?
7. Why do people typically exhibit behaviors in their comfort zone?
8. If children do not value themselves, what could happen during their marriage as adults?
9. Why is intimate listening necessary to learn?
10. As discussed in Chapter 9, why are there hazards associated with forgiveness?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Hurt partners may choose to remain committed to the relationship for many reasons.
Explain three healthy and three unhealthy reasons a hurt partner would choose to recommit to the marriage.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how an affair can be understood in context with a timeline of critical life events.
Include three critical life events that could influence the timing of an affair.
Essay Topic 3
A hurt partner can choose whether or not to forgive the unfaithful partner.
How does the process of forgiveness align with the losses experienced by the hurt partner?
Cite three examples.
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)