|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the book describe the process of changing behavior?
2. Analyzing childhood experiences can lead to which result in a marriage?
3. If the unfaithful partner is not interested in sex, the hurt partner may assume which possibility?
4. Intimate listening can be described as which skill?
5. Many people erroneously feel that their partners should be able to sense which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the author recommend a 'covenant of promises' at the end of Chapter 9?
2. What will happen if one partner wants to change the sexual practices in their marriage?
3. If children do not feel safe and secure, what could happen during their marriage as adults?
4. Who must change in a relationship to build trust again?
5. How does the author describe forgiveness in Chapter 9?
6. In the process of rebuilding trust, what is a couple most likely to come to a stalemate over?
7. What action must the unfaithful partner take for intimate talk to be successful?
8. How can history repeat itself through children of unfaithful parents growing up to be unfaithful adults?
9. What crucial skill is addressed in detail in Chapter 7?
10. What are some assumptions a hurt partner could make about sexual intimacy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose a case study from the book in which the affair has been willingly disclosed by the unfaithful partner. Based on the discussions in the book, what would you expect would be the next steps the couple would take to rebuild their relationship? Explain three next steps the couple should take.
Essay Topic 2
The intended audience of this book is couples who have chosen to work towards rebuilding their relationship. Describe three ways in which the book would change if the intended audience was unfaithful partners who chose to work on a relationship with their lover instead of the hurt partner.
Essay Topic 3
What are the three stages of post-affair healing?
Illustrate each stage with an case study of a couple experiencing this stage provided in the book.
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)