|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Women desire what type of support in communication?
2. According to scientific studies and contrary to conventional beliefs, how is forgiveness viewed for the individual?
3. Behaviors that build trust are divided in the book into two categories based on which factor?
4. When does the hurt partner mistakenly believe that the unfaithful partner must accomplish their personal change?
5. A list is provided in Chapter 8 to help people understand the common areas of shame associated with which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. What should happen with behaviors that violate trust in a relationship?
2. How can history repeat itself through children of unfaithful parents growing up to be unfaithful adults?
3. Do men and women typically differ in their abilities to engage in intimate talk and intimate listening?
4. How does the author describe forgiveness in Chapter 9?
5. What is a schema?
6. How can trust in a relationship be restored?
7. What is the 'flip-flop' factor described in Chapter 5?
8. If an individual is working to forgive, how can they address the negative behaviors of their partner?
9. Why is intimate talk necessary to learn?
10. What action must the unfaithful partner take for intimate talk to be successful?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The majority of the book is dedicated to the three stages of post-affair healing.
Describe these three stages and give an example of how they apply to a fictitious couple.
Essay Topic 2
The lover in an extramarital affair can have a deep effect on the sexual intimacy issues experienced by the couple.
Analyze three ways in which the lover can directly or indirectly affect a couple's sexual intimacy.
Essay Topic 3
Even after a couple has recommitted to their marriage, the unfaithful partner could decide to embark on another extramarital affair.
What are three reasons this may occur?
What are three warning signs the could indicate this possibility?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)