|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Listening to complaints does not equate to which behavior?
2. While attempting to empathize with their female partners, men often feel which emotion?
3. For communication to occur in the marriage, what must happen with the lover?
4. The process of talking could be different for each partner based on which reality?
5. How does the book view sex tools?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is intimate talk necessary to learn?
2. Why does the author recommend a 'covenant of promises' at the end of Chapter 9?
3. Do men and women typically differ in their abilities to engage in intimate talk and intimate listening?
4. How can trust in a relationship be restored?
5. In the process of rebuilding trust, what is a couple most likely to come to a stalemate over?
6. If children do not value themselves, what could happen during their marriage as adults?
7. What crucial skill is addressed in detail in Chapter 7?
8. What are the assumptions couples make about orgasms?
9. What experience can influence an individual's ability to engage in intimate talk and intimate listening?
10. As discussed in Chapter 9, why are there hazards associated with forgiveness?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the feelings a hurt partner may have towards the lover after the disclosure of the affair.
Compare and contrast these feelings to those the hurt partner may have towards the unfaithful partner.
Essay Topic 2
When a person refuses to change, it is often due to cognitive blocks formed by false rationalizations.
Citing three examples, how could you convince a person that the cognitive blocks, that are inhibiting the necessary change, are untrue?
Essay Topic 3
Choose a case study from the book involving a couple post-affair and a religious leader. Analyze this case study from the point of view of the religious leader.
Explain how the religious leader would advise the couple to work towards rebuilding their relationship based on the advice from the book. Make sure to include three steps the religious leader should advise the couple to take.
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)