|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After considering the economic impacts of divorce, a couple may come to understand which reality about their relationship?
2. How should partners treat their unrealistic expectations of love and marriage?
3. Most relationships begin with which emotion?
4. When deciding on the future of their relationship, a couple should consider which effect on the children?
5. Why would the hurt partner feel as if they are disposable?
Short Essay Questions
1. For whom is the book primarily written?
2. What is the role of mature love in a relationship?
3. How is unrequited love described?
4. How is an affair characterized by the author in Chapter 3?
5. How does the book address gender-typical reactions in Chapter 2?
6. How is the presence of violent thoughts in the hurt partner related to the discovery of the affair?
7. How must the affair be analyzed in order to move forward in building trust in the relationship?
8. How does an unfaithful partner conduct an affair over a period of time, and what is their emotional reaction upon discovery?
9. How is the hurt partner's sense of self affected by the discovery of an affair?
10. What steps does the author take to minimize emotionally-charged labels associated with the affair?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose a case study from the book in which the affair has been willingly disclosed by the unfaithful partner. Based on the discussions in the book, what would you expect would be the next steps the couple would take to rebuild their relationship? Explain three next steps the couple should take.
Essay Topic 2
The intended audience of this book is couples who have chosen to work towards rebuilding their relationship. Describe three ways in which the book would change if the intended audience was unfaithful partners who chose to work on a relationship with their lover instead of the hurt partner.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the feelings a hurt partner may have towards the lover after the disclosure of the affair.
Compare and contrast these feelings to those the hurt partner may have towards the unfaithful partner.
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)