Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many psychological effects on the hurt partner, which occur after the discovery of an affair, does the book address?
2. All extramarital affairs are viewed in which way by the text?
3. Why is the personal identity of a hurt partner affected by an affair?
4. Warning signs that the unfaithful partner is likely to pursue future affairs include which behavior?
5. The intense attachment a hurt partner may feel towards the unfaithful partner could override which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. What experience can influence an individual's ability to engage in intimate talk and intimate listening?
2. What are some assumptions an unfaithful partner could make about sexual intimacy?
3. As discussed in Chapter 4, Is is possible to repair a marriage post-affair?
4. How can an affair positively affect a marriage?
5. Do men and women typically differ in their abilities to engage in intimate talk and intimate listening?
6. Why is intimate listening necessary to learn?
7. What is the role of mature love in a relationship?
8. What should happen with behaviors that violate trust in a relationship?
9. Where do unrealistic expectations of love and marriage come from?
10. Why is intimate talk necessary to learn?
Compare and contrast five responses on the part of the hurt partner vs. the unfaithful partner after the disclosure of an affair.
The lover in an extramarital affair can have a deep effect on the sexual intimacy issues experienced by the couple.
Analyze three ways in which the lover can directly or indirectly affect a couple's sexual intimacy.
The effect of the affair on the children is an important consideration for both partners to remember.
Compare and contrast the feelings the hurt and unfaithful partners have towards the children regarding the affair.
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)