|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The negative reactions of friends and family can enhance which feeling for the unfaithful partner?
2. While hurt female partners typically become depressed, how do male hurt partners typically react?
3. The intense attachment a hurt partner may feel towards the unfaithful partner could override which of the following?
4. An affair, as described by the book, may not always include which behavior?
5. The euphoria felt from the affair can be attributed to which reality?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is an affair characterized by the author in Chapter 3?
2. How does the author characterize an affair?
3. What is the role of mature love in a relationship?
4. What is the fundamental difference in reactions between the hurt and unfaithful partners to the discovery of an affair?
5. For whom is the book primarily written?
6. How does the presence of children in a marriage affect the unfaithful partner in regards to the affair?
7. Why could an unfaithful partner feel a lack of guilt about the affair?
8. How does the text address gender-typical reactions in Chapter 1?
9. How must the affair be analyzed in order to move forward in building trust in the relationship?
10. Why do hurt partners blame God for their suffering?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose a case study from the book in which the affair has been willingly disclosed by the unfaithful partner. Based on the discussions in the book, what would you expect would be the next steps the couple would take to rebuild their relationship? Explain three next steps the couple should take.
Essay Topic 2
Explain a typical reaction as a hurt partner, an unfaithful partner, and in response to the requirement of intimate talking and listening to rebuild the relationship from the stereotypical point of view of the male gender.
Essay Topic 3
The effect of the affair on the children is an important consideration for both partners to remember.
Compare and contrast the feelings the hurt and unfaithful partners have towards the children regarding the affair.
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)