Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many psychological effects on the hurt partner, which occur after the discovery of an affair, does the book address?
2. All extramarital affairs are viewed in which way by the text?
3. Why is the personal identity of a hurt partner affected by an affair?
4. Warning signs that the unfaithful partner is likely to pursue future affairs include which behavior?
5. The intense attachment a hurt partner may feel towards the unfaithful partner could override which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. What experience can influence an individual's ability to engage in intimate talk and intimate listening?
2. What are some assumptions an unfaithful partner could make about sexual intimacy?
3. As discussed in Chapter 4, Is is possible to repair a marriage post-affair?
4. How can an affair positively affect a marriage?
5. Do men and women typically differ in their abilities to engage in intimate talk and intimate listening?
6. Why is intimate listening necessary to learn?
7. What is the role of mature love in a relationship?
8. What should happen with behaviors that violate trust in a relationship?
9. Where do unrealistic expectations of love and marriage come from?
10. Why is intimate talk necessary to learn?
Essay Topic 1
A hurt partner can choose whether or not to forgive the unfaithful partner.
How does the process of forgiveness align with the losses experienced by the hurt partner?
Cite three examples.
Essay Topic 2
Even after a couple has recommitted to their marriage, the unfaithful partner could decide to embark on another extramarital affair.
What are three reasons this may occur?
What are three warning signs the could indicate this possibility?
Essay Topic 3
What are the three stages of post-affair healing?
Illustrate each stage with an case study of a couple experiencing this stage provided in the book.
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)