Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many psychological effects on the hurt partner, which occur after the discovery of an affair, does the book address?
2. All extramarital affairs are viewed in which way by the text?
3. Why is the personal identity of a hurt partner affected by an affair?
4. Warning signs that the unfaithful partner is likely to pursue future affairs include which behavior?
5. The intense attachment a hurt partner may feel towards the unfaithful partner could override which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. What experience can influence an individual's ability to engage in intimate talk and intimate listening?
2. What are some assumptions an unfaithful partner could make about sexual intimacy?
3. As discussed in Chapter 4, Is is possible to repair a marriage post-affair?
4. How can an affair positively affect a marriage?
5. Do men and women typically differ in their abilities to engage in intimate talk and intimate listening?
6. Why is intimate listening necessary to learn?
7. What is the role of mature love in a relationship?
8. What should happen with behaviors that violate trust in a relationship?
9. Where do unrealistic expectations of love and marriage come from?
10. Why is intimate talk necessary to learn?
Explain the feelings a hurt partner may have towards the lover after the disclosure of the affair.
Compare and contrast these feelings to those the hurt partner may have towards the unfaithful partner.
The intended audience of this book is couples who have chosen to work towards rebuilding their relationship. Describe three ways in which the book would change if the intended audience was unfaithful partners who chose to work on a relationship with their lover instead of the hurt partner.
Discuss how an affair can be understood in context with a timeline of critical life events.
Include three critical life events that could influence the timing of an affair.
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)