|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How should partners treat their unrealistic expectations of love and marriage?
2. If a hurt partner attempts to win back the unfaithful partner, what is the psychological effect on the hurt partner?
3. The euphoria felt from the affair can be attributed to which reality?
4. The author of the book can be described in which way?
5. Most relationships begin with which emotion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author recommend the couple do after deciding to rebuild their marriage?
2. How does the book address post-affair healing?
3. For whom is the book primarily written?
4. Why do couples often feel they are incompatible?
5. How is the hurt partner's sense of self affected by the discovery of an affair?
6. Why do hurt partners blame God for their suffering?
7. Why could an unfaithful partner feel a lack of guilt about the affair?
8. What is the fundamental difference in reactions between the hurt and unfaithful partners to the discovery of an affair?
9. When an affair is discovered, what is the effect on the hurt partner?
10. Why does the author recommend using a mental time projection to envision where the relationship will be?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The intended audience of this book is couples who have chosen to work towards rebuilding their relationship. Describe three ways in which the book would change if the intended audience was unfaithful partners who chose to work on a relationship with their lover instead of the hurt partner.
Essay Topic 2
Even after a couple has recommitted to their marriage, the unfaithful partner could decide to embark on another extramarital affair.
What are three reasons this may occur?
What are three warning signs the could indicate this possibility?
Essay Topic 3
Choose a case study from the book in which the affair has been willingly disclosed by the unfaithful partner. Based on the discussions in the book, what would you expect would be the next steps the couple would take to rebuild their relationship? Explain three next steps the couple should take.
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)