|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The book urges readers to take an inventory of which aspect of their lives?
2. How is the religious faith of hurt partners affected after an affair?
3. Warning signs that the unfaithful partner is likely to pursue future affairs include which behavior?
4. How do women usually react to the discovery of an affair?
5. When an unfaithful partner returns to find their marriage damaged, they often feel which emotion?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does an unfaithful partner conduct an affair over a period of time, and what is their emotional reaction upon discovery?
2. How must the affair be analyzed in order to move forward in building trust in the relationship?
3. How is an affair characterized by the author in Chapter 3?
4. How is unrequited love described?
5. For whom is the book primarily written?
6. Where do unrealistic expectations of love and marriage come from?
7. As discussed in Chapter 4, Is is possible to repair a marriage post-affair?
8. How does the book view unrequited and romantic love in terms of their role in a relationship?
9. What is the fundamental difference in reactions between the hurt and unfaithful partners to the discovery of an affair?
10. How does the presence of children in a marriage affect the unfaithful partner in regards to the affair?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose a case study from the book involving a couple post-affair and a religious leader. Analyze this case study from the point of view of the religious leader.
Explain how the religious leader would advise the couple to work towards rebuilding their relationship based on the advice from the book. Make sure to include three steps the religious leader should advise the couple to take.
Essay Topic 2
Choose a case study from the book in which the affair has been willingly disclosed by the unfaithful partner. Based on the discussions in the book, what would you expect would be the next steps the couple would take to rebuild their relationship? Explain three next steps the couple should take.
Essay Topic 3
Consider the low-cost behaviors suggested by the author which can change behavior post-affair.
Compare and contrast the effectiveness of changing these behaviors to the high-cost behaviors suggested.
How could these changes positively affect a relationship after the discovery of an affair?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)