|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Negative and destructive thoughts are linked to which psychological effect suffered by the hurt partner?
2. If the unfaithful partner feels committed to the lover, how could this affect their feelings about the affair?
3. Although many hurt partners feel that 'good things happen to good people,' how does the discovery of the affair affect this sentiment?
4. Warning signs that the unfaithful partner is likely to pursue future affairs include which behavior?
5. When the relationship with the lover is ended by the unfaithful partner, which emotion typically follows?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the role of mature love in a relationship?
2. What is a schema?
3. As discussed in Chapter 9, why are there hazards associated with forgiveness?
4. How does the book view unrequited and romantic love in terms of their role in a relationship?
5. How must the affair be analyzed in order to move forward in building trust in the relationship?
6. If children do not value themselves, what could happen during their marriage as adults?
7. If children do not feel safe and secure, what could happen during their marriage as adults?
8. Who must change in a relationship to build trust again?
9. Why does the author recommend a 'covenant of promises' at the end of Chapter 9?
10. What does the author recommend the couple do after deciding to rebuild their marriage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lack of communication is a key issue in the problems experienced during a marriage.
How does the lack of communication apply to the problems experienced by a couple with sexual intimacy issues?
Cite three examples and discuss how couples can work through these communication challenges.
Essay Topic 2
Choose a case study from the book in which the affair has been willingly disclosed by the unfaithful partner. Based on the discussions in the book, what would you expect would be the next steps the couple would take to rebuild their relationship? Explain three next steps the couple should take.
Essay Topic 3
Explain a typical reaction as a hurt partner, an unfaithful partner, and in response to the requirement of intimate talking and listening to rebuild the relationship from the stereotypical point of view of the male gender.
This section contains 1,492 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)