|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the religious faith of hurt partners affected after an affair?
2. If the hurt partner chooses to remain with the unfaithful partner even though the relationship is dysfunctional, which term described this type of love?
3. For trust to be regained in a relationship, what must happen?
4. What must occur with the deeper issues felt by the unfaithful partner?
5. When working through an affair, the majority of the typical concerns are experienced by whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is romantic love described?
2. How does the book view unrequited and romantic love in terms of their role in a relationship?
3. What is the fundamental difference in reactions between the hurt and unfaithful partners to the discovery of an affair?
4. For whom is the book primarily written?
5. How does the book address post-affair healing?
6. How does the presence of children in a marriage affect the unfaithful partner in regards to the affair?
7. Why could an unfaithful partner feel a lack of guilt about the affair?
8. Why does the author recommend using a mental time projection to envision where the relationship will be?
9. What methods do unfaithful partners use to hide from deeper emotional issues that may be tied to the affair?
10. How does the author characterize an affair?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose a case study from the book involving a couple post-affair and a religious leader. Analyze this case study from the point of view of the religious leader.
Explain how the religious leader would advise the couple to work towards rebuilding their relationship based on the advice from the book. Make sure to include three steps the religious leader should advise the couple to take.
Essay Topic 2
The lover in an extramarital affair can have a deep effect on the sexual intimacy issues experienced by the couple.
Analyze three ways in which the lover can directly or indirectly affect a couple's sexual intimacy.
Essay Topic 3
Choose a case study from the book in which the affair has been willingly disclosed by the unfaithful partner. Based on the discussions in the book, what would you expect would be the next steps the couple would take to rebuild their relationship? Explain three next steps the couple should take.
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)