|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Relationships can be repaired if both partners react in which way?
2. On what are relationships based?
3. The unfaithful partner may experience physical changes from romantic love that can be expected to last how long?
4. How does the unfaithful partner feel about moving forward in marriage relationship?
5. What is the fundamental difference between the hurt and unfaithful partners' reactions to the affair?
Short Essay Questions
1. When an affair is discovered, what is the effect on the hurt partner?
2. What is the position of the author in answer to the question of whether or not the affair should be revealed to the hurt partner?
3. What is the central question considered in the Epilogue?
4. Who is the book's intended secondary audience?
5. Why is intimate talk necessary to learn?
6. How is romantic love described?
7. For whom is the book primarily written?
8. What will happen if one partner wants to change the sexual practices in their marriage?
9. What methods do unfaithful partners use to hide from deeper emotional issues that may be tied to the affair?
10. What are some assumptions a hurt partner could make about sexual intimacy?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the realities and assumptions surrounding unrequited and romantic love.
How are these concepts related to mature love?
Essay Topic 2
Childhood experiences play a role in the possibility of extramarital affairs in a marriage.
What are three indicators that a person will grow up to become an unfaithful partner in a marriage?
What are three indicators that a person will grow up to become a hurt partner in a marriage?
How could these paths be altered in the future after an affair?
Essay Topic 3
Even after a couple has recommitted to their marriage, the unfaithful partner could decide to embark on another extramarital affair.
What are three reasons this may occur?
What are three warning signs the could indicate this possibility?
This section contains 1,523 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)