|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many psychological effects on the hurt partner, which occur after the discovery of an affair, does the book address?
2. An affair, as described by the book, may not always include which behavior?
3. The euphoria felt from the affair can be attributed to which reality?
4. Why does the author deliberately chose particular words and phrases to use in the book?
5. When the relationship with the lover is ended by the unfaithful partner, which emotion typically follows?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is an affair characterized by the author in Chapter 3?
2. Why does the author recommend using a mental time projection to envision where the relationship will be?
3. Why do hurt partners blame God for their suffering?
4. How does an unfaithful partner conduct an affair over a period of time, and what is their emotional reaction upon discovery?
5. What is the role of mature love in a relationship?
6. How does the book view unrequited and romantic love in terms of their role in a relationship?
7. How must the affair be analyzed in order to move forward in building trust in the relationship?
8. What is the fundamental difference in reactions between the hurt and unfaithful partners to the discovery of an affair?
9. Why could an unfaithful partner feel a lack of guilt about the affair?
10. Why is it necessary for an affair to be understood?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A hurt partner can choose whether or not to forgive the unfaithful partner.
How does the process of forgiveness align with the losses experienced by the hurt partner?
Cite three examples.
Essay Topic 2
Choose a case study from the book in which the affair has been willingly disclosed by the unfaithful partner. Based on the discussions in the book, what would you expect would be the next steps the couple would take to rebuild their relationship? Explain three next steps the couple should take.
Essay Topic 3
Even after a couple has recommitted to their marriage, the unfaithful partner could decide to embark on another extramarital affair.
What are three reasons this may occur?
What are three warning signs the could indicate this possibility?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)