|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. A loss of sense of purpose can lead to which outcome for the hurt partner?
2. If the disenchantment felt in an aging relationship is mismanaged, it can lead to which result?
3. When deciding on the future of their relationship, a couple should consider which effect on the children?
4. Women typically view an affair in which way compared with men?
5. After a decision is made, what must the couple do next to rebuild their relationship?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the hurt partner's sense of self affected by the discovery of an affair?
2. How is an affair characterized by the author in Chapter 3?
3. Why do family members find it difficult to support a hurt partner during their time of crisis after the discovery of an affair?
4. How does the author characterize an affair?
5. How does an unfaithful partner conduct an affair over a period of time, and what is their emotional reaction upon discovery?
6. Why do hurt partners blame God for their suffering?
7. How does the text address gender-typical reactions in Chapter 1?
8. Why does the author recommend using a mental time projection to envision where the relationship will be?
9. How does the presence of children in a marriage affect the unfaithful partner in regards to the affair?
10. Why is it necessary for an affair to be understood?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Childhood experiences play a role in the possibility of extramarital affairs in a marriage.
What are three indicators that a person will grow up to become an unfaithful partner in a marriage?
What are three indicators that a person will grow up to become a hurt partner in a marriage?
How could these paths be altered in the future after an affair?
Essay Topic 2
Choose a case study from the book in which the affair has been willingly disclosed by the unfaithful partner. Based on the discussions in the book, what would you expect would be the next steps the couple would take to rebuild their relationship? Explain three next steps the couple should take.
Essay Topic 3
Even after a couple has recommitted to their marriage, the unfaithful partner could decide to embark on another extramarital affair.
What are three reasons this may occur?
What are three warning signs the could indicate this possibility?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)