|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first step in post-affair healing?
2. The intense attachment a hurt partner may feel towards the unfaithful partner could override which of the following?
3. While hurt female partners typically become depressed, how do male hurt partners typically react?
4. Most relationships begin with which emotion?
5. Who is the book's secondary audience?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do hurt partners blame God for their suffering?
2. Why is it necessary for an affair to be understood?
3. What is the fundamental situation of any marriage post-affair which is addressed by Chapter 4?
4. How is the presence of violent thoughts in the hurt partner related to the discovery of the affair?
5. How is the hurt partner's sense of self affected by the discovery of an affair?
6. As discussed in Chapter 4, Is is possible to repair a marriage post-affair?
7. How is romantic love described?
8. How is an affair characterized by the author in Chapter 3?
9. How does an unfaithful partner conduct an affair over a period of time, and what is their emotional reaction upon discovery?
10. What is the role of mature love in a relationship?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When a person refuses to change, it is often due to cognitive blocks formed by false rationalizations.
Citing three examples, how could you convince a person that the cognitive blocks, that are inhibiting the necessary change, are untrue?
Essay Topic 2
Choose a case study from the book in which the affair has been willingly disclosed by the unfaithful partner. Based on the discussions in the book, what would you expect would be the next steps the couple would take to rebuild their relationship? Explain three next steps the couple should take.
Essay Topic 3
Lack of communication is a key issue in the problems experienced during a marriage.
How does the lack of communication apply to the problems experienced by a couple with sexual intimacy issues?
Cite three examples and discuss how couples can work through these communication challenges.
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)