|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. A person contemplating an extramarital affair will most likely view this book in which way?
2. How do women usually react to the discovery of an affair?
3. Why does an affair need to be understood?
4. Negative and destructive thoughts are linked to which psychological effect suffered by the hurt partner?
5. How should partners treat their unrealistic expectations of love and marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the book view unrequited and romantic love in terms of their role in a relationship?
2. How does the presence of children in a marriage affect the unfaithful partner in regards to the affair?
3. How is an affair characterized by the author in Chapter 3?
4. For whom is the book primarily written?
5. How is unrequited love described?
6. What is the fundamental situation of any marriage post-affair which is addressed by Chapter 4?
7. Why do hurt partners blame God for their suffering?
8. Why does the author recommend using a mental time projection to envision where the relationship will be?
9. How must the affair be analyzed in order to move forward in building trust in the relationship?
10. How does the author characterize an affair?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author provides physical documents that couples are advised to fill out and sign to establish a public record of their commitment to the marriage. Choose one of these documents and explain its overall purpose and its relevancy in rebuilding the relationship.
Essay Topic 2
Hurt partners may choose to remain committed to the relationship for many reasons.
Explain three healthy and three unhealthy reasons a hurt partner would choose to recommit to the marriage.
Essay Topic 3
Choose a case study from the book in which the affair has been willingly disclosed by the unfaithful partner. Based on the discussions in the book, what would you expect would be the next steps the couple would take to rebuild their relationship? Explain three next steps the couple should take.
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)