|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Although many hurt partners feel that 'good things happen to good people,' how does the discovery of the affair affect this sentiment?
2. Why is the personal identity of a hurt partner affected by an affair?
3. Why does the author deliberately chose particular words and phrases to use in the book?
4. How do women usually react to the discovery of an affair?
5. If a hurt partner attempts to win back the unfaithful partner, what is the psychological effect on the hurt partner?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the presence of violent thoughts in the hurt partner related to the discovery of the affair?
2. Why do family members find it difficult to support a hurt partner during their time of crisis after the discovery of an affair?
3. Why do couples often feel they are incompatible?
4. How does the text address gender-typical reactions in Chapter 1?
5. How is romantic love described?
6. How is the hurt partner's sense of self affected by the discovery of an affair?
7. When an affair is discovered, what is the effect on the hurt partner?
8. Why is it necessary for an affair to be understood?
9. Why do hurt partners blame God for their suffering?
10. Why could an unfaithful partner feel a lack of guilt about the affair?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lack of communication is a key issue in the problems experienced during a marriage.
How does the lack of communication apply to the problems experienced by a couple with sexual intimacy issues?
Cite three examples and discuss how couples can work through these communication challenges.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how an affair can be understood in context with a timeline of critical life events.
Include three critical life events that could influence the timing of an affair.
Essay Topic 3
Choose a case study from the book involving a couple post-affair and a religious leader. Analyze this case study from the point of view of the religious leader.
Explain how the religious leader would advise the couple to work towards rebuilding their relationship based on the advice from the book. Make sure to include three steps the religious leader should advise the couple to take.
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)