|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many psychological effects on the hurt partner, which occur after the discovery of an affair, does the book address?
2. All extramarital affairs are viewed in which way by the text?
3. Why is the personal identity of a hurt partner affected by an affair?
4. Warning signs that the unfaithful partner is likely to pursue future affairs include which behavior?
5. The intense attachment a hurt partner may feel towards the unfaithful partner could override which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. What experience can influence an individual's ability to engage in intimate talk and intimate listening?
2. What are some assumptions an unfaithful partner could make about sexual intimacy?
3. As discussed in Chapter 4, Is is possible to repair a marriage post-affair?
4. How can an affair positively affect a marriage?
5. Do men and women typically differ in their abilities to engage in intimate talk and intimate listening?
6. Why is intimate listening necessary to learn?
7. What is the role of mature love in a relationship?
8. What should happen with behaviors that violate trust in a relationship?
9. Where do unrealistic expectations of love and marriage come from?
10. Why is intimate talk necessary to learn?
Essay Topic 1
Choose a case study from the book involving a couple post-affair and a religious leader. Analyze this case study from the point of view of the religious leader.
Explain how the religious leader would advise the couple to work towards rebuilding their relationship based on the advice from the book. Make sure to include three steps the religious leader should advise the couple to take.
Essay Topic 2
The author provides physical documents that couples are advised to fill out and sign to establish a public record of their commitment to the marriage. Choose one of these documents and explain its overall purpose and its relevancy in rebuilding the relationship.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the feelings a hurt partner may have towards the lover after the disclosure of the affair.
Compare and contrast these feelings to those the hurt partner may have towards the unfaithful partner.
This section contains 1,430 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)