|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. If the unfaithful partner feels committed to the lover, how could this affect their feelings about the affair?
2. The signs of an affair are often treated in which way by the hurt partner?
3. The person involved in the relationship, but who is not one of the married partners, is termed which of the following?
4. If a couple does not adequately communicate their desires and needs, they may begin to view each other in which way?
5. What is the second phase of post-affair healing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the fundamental difference in reactions between the hurt and unfaithful partners to the discovery of an affair?
2. What is the role of mature love in a relationship?
3. Why could an unfaithful partner feel a lack of guilt about the affair?
4. How does the author characterize an affair?
5. For whom is the book primarily written?
6. How does an unfaithful partner conduct an affair over a period of time, and what is their emotional reaction upon discovery?
7. How is an affair characterized by the author in Chapter 3?
8. What does the author recommend the couple do after deciding to rebuild their marriage?
9. Who is the book's intended secondary audience?
10. What is the fundamental situation of any marriage post-affair which is addressed by Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain a typical reaction as a hurt partner, an unfaithful partner, and in response to the requirement of intimate talking and listening to rebuild the relationship from the stereotypical point of view of the male gender.
Essay Topic 2
Choose a case study from the book involving a couple post-affair and a religious leader. Analyze this case study from the point of view of the religious leader.
Explain how the religious leader would advise the couple to work towards rebuilding their relationship based on the advice from the book. Make sure to include three steps the religious leader should advise the couple to take.
Essay Topic 3
Even after a couple has recommitted to their marriage, the unfaithful partner could decide to embark on another extramarital affair.
What are three reasons this may occur?
What are three warning signs the could indicate this possibility?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)