|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. A person contemplating an extramarital affair will most likely view this book in which way?
2. What is the first step in post-affair healing?
3. Inadequacy in the relationship is felt by whom?
4. What must occur with the deeper issues felt by the unfaithful partner?
5. How do children typically respond to the unfaithful partner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do family members find it difficult to support a hurt partner during their time of crisis after the discovery of an affair?
2. How does the book address post-affair healing?
3. Why is it necessary for an affair to be understood?
4. How must the affair be analyzed in order to move forward in building trust in the relationship?
5. How is unrequited love described?
6. How is an affair characterized by the author in Chapter 3?
7. What does the author recommend the couple do after deciding to rebuild their marriage?
8. Who is the book's intended secondary audience?
9. How is the presence of violent thoughts in the hurt partner related to the discovery of the affair?
10. What steps does the author take to minimize emotionally-charged labels associated with the affair?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lack of communication is a key issue in the problems experienced during a marriage.
How does the lack of communication apply to the problems experienced by a couple with sexual intimacy issues?
Cite three examples and discuss how couples can work through these communication challenges.
Essay Topic 2
The author provides physical documents that couples are advised to fill out and sign to establish a public record of their commitment to the marriage. Choose one of these documents and explain its overall purpose and its relevancy in rebuilding the relationship.
Essay Topic 3
Childhood experiences play a role in the possibility of extramarital affairs in a marriage.
What are three indicators that a person will grow up to become an unfaithful partner in a marriage?
What are three indicators that a person will grow up to become a hurt partner in a marriage?
How could these paths be altered in the future after an affair?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)