|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The unfaithful partner often wants to reconnect in their marriage in order to stop feeling which emotion?
2. How should partners treat their unrealistic expectations of love and marriage?
3. After closer examination, the rationalizations used by the unfaithful partner to justify the affair often can be described in which way?
4. The stage of disenchantment in a relationship can be described with which term?
5. The book presents a bulleted list of which type of expectations of love and marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the presence of children in a marriage affect the unfaithful partner in regards to the affair?
2. Why is intimate talk necessary to learn?
3. What is the fundamental situation of any marriage post-affair which is addressed by Chapter 4?
4. What methods do unfaithful partners use to hide from deeper emotional issues that may be tied to the affair?
5. How is the presence of violent thoughts in the hurt partner related to the discovery of the affair?
6. What are the assumptions couples make about orgasms?
7. How does the book address post-affair healing?
8. How must the affair be analyzed in order to move forward in building trust in the relationship?
9. How can an affair positively affect a marriage?
10. How does an unfaithful partner conduct an affair over a period of time, and what is their emotional reaction upon discovery?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Even after a couple has recommitted to their marriage, the unfaithful partner could decide to embark on another extramarital affair.
What are three reasons this may occur?
What are three warning signs the could indicate this possibility?
Essay Topic 2
Explain a typical reaction as a hurt partner, an unfaithful partner, and in response to the requirement of intimate talking and listening to rebuild the relationship from the stereotypical point of view of the male gender.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast five responses on the part of the hurt partner vs. the unfaithful partner after the disclosure of an affair.
This section contains 1,444 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)