|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. An accident or illness are examples of which root cause of an affair?
(a) Childhood experiences.
(b) Unfair circumstances.
(c) Critical life events.
(d) Fear of losing a partner.
2. What is the root cause of the majority of marital dysfunction?
(a) Failure to communicate.
(b) Extramarital affairs.
(c) Incompatable personalities.
(d) Financial disagreements.
3. Which is an example of a behavior that may take a considerable toll on a partner?
(a) Allowing an inspection of credit card statements.
(b) Returning from work in a timely manner.
(c) Making daily telephone calls.
(d) Writing down detailed travel itineraries.
4. While attempting to empathize with their female partners, men often feel which emotion?
5. How does the book describe the process of changing behavior?
Short Answer Questions
1. A partner may refuse to discuss the affair because of which false assumption?
2. The genuine intention of an individual may be lost if the partner feels the behavior is only occurring for which reason?
3. Which topic is often-overlooked in discussing extramarital affairs?
4. Forgiveness can be described in which way?
5. Some people refuse to acknowledge which action by their partner?
Short Essay Questions
1. If children do not value themselves, what could happen during their marriage as adults?
2. What are the assumptions couples make about orgasms?
3. Who must change in a relationship to build trust again?
4. What is the 'flip-flop' factor described in Chapter 5?
5. Do men and women typically differ in their abilities to engage in intimate talk and intimate listening?
6. What will happen if one partner wants to change the sexual practices in their marriage?
7. In the process of rebuilding trust, what is a couple most likely to come to a stalemate over?
8. How does the author describe forgiveness in Chapter 9?
9. If an individual is working to forgive, how can they address the negative behaviors of their partner?
10. What is a schema?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)