|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is an assumption about sexual intimacy by many couples?
(a) It should come easily and naturally.
(b) It would be more exciting with a lover.
(c) It could be regained in a relationship.
(d) It will decrease during the marriage.
2. How should behaviors that detract from trust be addressed?
(a) They should be eliminated.
(b) They should be analyzed.
(c) They should be embraced.
(d) They should be ignored.
3. Forgiveness can be described in which way?
(a) As a process.
(b) As a reality.
(c) As a need.
(d) As an outcome.
4. If the listener repeats the ideas back to the speaker, they are using which technique?
5. Behaviors that build trust are divided in the book into two categories based on which factor?
Short Answer Questions
1. Couples often assume that sexual desire should be experienced in which way by each partner?
2. If forgiveness is offered too quickly, how can it affect the individual?
3. According to scientific studies and contrary to conventional beliefs, how is forgiveness viewed for the individual?
4. What is the process of assaulting a partner with verbal abuse?
5. When trust has been destroyed, which emotion is logically prevalent?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who must change in a relationship to build trust again?
2. If an individual is working to forgive, how can they address the negative behaviors of their partner?
3. In Chapter 6, the author recommends a graph for what reason?
4. If children do not feel safe and secure, what could happen during their marriage as adults?
5. What is the 'flip-flop' factor described in Chapter 5?
6. What are the assumptions couples make about orgasms?
7. What will happen if one partner wants to change the sexual practices in their marriage?
8. What are some assumptions an unfaithful partner could make about sexual intimacy?
9. In the process of rebuilding trust, what is a couple most likely to come to a stalemate over?
10. How does the author describe forgiveness in Chapter 9?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)