|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which term is used to describe the refusal of one partner to discuss the affair?
2. What does the first part of chapter six focus on?
(a) How to control the unfaithful partner.
(b) Reasons why a partner is untrustworthy.
(c) Overcoming resistance to change.
(d) Methods to change behavior.
3. Children need to function in which way?
(c) Without boundaries.
(d) With supervision.
4. For whom must forgiveness occur?
(a) For their partner and themselves.
(b) For their parents and their partner.
(c) For themselves and the lover.
(d) For the lover and their partner.
5. How should behaviors that detract from trust be addressed?
(a) They should be eliminated.
(b) They should be ignored.
(c) They should be analyzed.
(d) They should be embraced.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the text refer to childhood experiences?
2. Forgiveness should not be offered in which way?
3. Forgiveness involves mental development and occurs in which timeframe?
4. How does the book view sex tools?
5. Many people erroneously feel that their partners should be able to sense which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some assumptions a hurt partner could make about sexual intimacy?
2. Why does the author recommend a 'covenant of promises' at the end of Chapter 9?
3. How can an affair positively affect a marriage?
4. Why do people typically exhibit behaviors in their comfort zone?
5. Do men and women typically differ in their abilities to engage in intimate talk and intimate listening?
6. What are some assumptions an unfaithful partner could make about sexual intimacy?
7. What crucial skill is addressed in detail in Chapter 7?
8. As discussed in Chapter 9, why are there hazards associated with forgiveness?
9. In the process of rebuilding trust, what is a couple most likely to come to a stalemate over?
10. What is the 'flip-flop' factor described in Chapter 5?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)