|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the process of assaulting a partner with verbal abuse?
2. How does the book view sex tools?
(a) Unnecessary if the marriage is working.
(b) Integral to maintaining the excitement in intimacy.
(c) Healthy if acceptable to both partners.
(d) Dangerous if used only with the lover.
3. Exploring and learning about the affair is achieved through which process?
(a) Open communication.
(b) Forgiving the unfaithful partner.
(c) Intimate talk.
(d) Accepting the affair.
4. What is the root cause of the majority of marital dysfunction?
(a) Failure to communicate.
(b) Extramarital affairs.
(c) Incompatable personalities.
(d) Financial disagreements.
5. Intimate listening can be described as which skill?
(a) Hearing what your partner is trying to tell you.
(b) Accepting what your partner is explaining.
(c) Agreeing with what your partner is saying.
(d) Understanding what your partner is experiencing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Forgiveness should not be offered in which way?
2. An accident or illness are examples of which root cause of an affair?
3. The author uses the term 'flip-flop' to describe which factor?
4. According to scientific studies and contrary to conventional beliefs, how is forgiveness viewed for the individual?
5. Couples often assume that sexual desire should be experienced in which way by each partner?
Short Essay Questions
1. If children do not value themselves, what could happen during their marriage as adults?
2. As discussed in Chapter 9, why are there hazards associated with forgiveness?
3. Why does the author recommend a 'covenant of promises' at the end of Chapter 9?
4. How does the author describe forgiveness in Chapter 9?
5. What are the assumptions couples make about orgasms?
6. If an individual is working to forgive, how can they address the negative behaviors of their partner?
7. Who must change in a relationship to build trust again?
8. In the process of rebuilding trust, what is a couple most likely to come to a stalemate over?
9. Why is intimate listening necessary to learn?
10. What should happen with behaviors that violate trust in a relationship?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)