|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What could define the way a person listens?
(a) Prior assumptions.
(b) Emotional state.
(c) Childhood experiences.
(d) Role in the affair.
2. If one of their parents was unfaithful, a person will most likely exhibit which behavior?
(a) Become an unfaithful partner in their marriage.
(b) Avoid an affair at all cost.
(c) Seek out a partner who will commit equally.
(d) Refuse to enter a relationship.
3. Some people refuse to acknowledge which action by their partner?
(a) Sincere progress towards change.
(b) Heartfelt apologies for the affair.
(c) Efforts made to discuss the betrayal.
(d) Recommitment to the marriage.
4. Avoiding change results from which type of block experienced by the person?
5. Who do children need to value in their lives?
(b) Their parents.
(c) Their siblings.
(d) Their friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Negative feelings are not implied during forgiveness to have which outcome?
2. If the unfaithful partner is not interested in sex, the hurt partner may assume which possibility?
3. A listener should not engage in which action?
4. How should children connect with others?
5. For communication to occur in the marriage, what must happen with the lover?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the author recommend a 'covenant of promises' at the end of Chapter 9?
2. How can history repeat itself through children of unfaithful parents growing up to be unfaithful adults?
3. What are the assumptions couples make about orgasms?
4. What is a schema?
5. Why is intimate talk necessary to learn?
6. What is the 'flip-flop' factor described in Chapter 5?
7. If an individual is working to forgive, how can they address the negative behaviors of their partner?
8. What are some assumptions an unfaithful partner could make about sexual intimacy?
9. If children do not value themselves, what could happen during their marriage as adults?
10. What action must the unfaithful partner take for intimate talk to be successful?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)