|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In addition to feeling safe, children also need to feel which emotion?
2. What will happen to conflict after forgiveness?
(a) It should dissipate.
(b) It may be avoided.
(c) It will not be eliminated.
(d) It could increase.
3. How should behaviors that detract from trust be addressed?
(a) They should be analyzed.
(b) They should be ignored.
(c) They should be embraced.
(d) They should be eliminated.
4. Adults who lack self-discipline often did not have which childhood experience?
(a) Realistic boundaries enforced.
(b) Love from their parents shown.
(c) Consequences for their actions explained.
(d) Freedom to explore new ideas granted.
5. A graph is provided for couples to chart behaviors that can be preformed in which timeframe?
Short Answer Questions
1. How should children connect with others?
2. How does the book describe the process of changing behavior?
3. Developing realistic expectations of sex involves examining assumptions regarding which emotion?
4. What is the process of assaulting a partner with verbal abuse?
5. Which term is used to describe the refusal of one partner to discuss the affair?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the author recommend a 'covenant of promises' at the end of Chapter 9?
2. In Chapter 6, the author recommends a graph for what reason?
3. What is the 'flip-flop' factor described in Chapter 5?
4. In the process of rebuilding trust, what is a couple most likely to come to a stalemate over?
5. How does the author describe forgiveness in Chapter 9?
6. Why do people typically exhibit behaviors in their comfort zone?
7. What are some assumptions a hurt partner could make about sexual intimacy?
8. How can an affair positively affect a marriage?
9. What will happen if one partner wants to change the sexual practices in their marriage?
10. What is a schema?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)