|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter seven is divided into sections based on which two skills?
(a) Communicating and understanding.
(b) Forgiving and forgetting.
(c) Acknowledging and accepting.
(d) Talking and listening.
2. Forgiveness can be described in which way?
(a) As a reality.
(b) As a process.
(c) As a need.
(d) As an outcome.
3. Children need to function in which way?
(a) With supervision.
(c) Without boundaries.
4. Why are many individuals prevented from forgiving?
(a) They have unrealistic expectations about forgiveness.
(b) They have wrong ideas about forgiveness.
(c) They do not believe in forgiveness.
(d) They feel they do not deserve forgiveness.
5. A hurt partner may believe their unfaithful partner is intentionally trying to achieve which task instead of changing for good?
Short Answer Questions
1. If sexual desires change, couples may assume this will lead to which outcome?
2. A graph is provided for couples to chart behaviors that can be preformed in which timeframe?
3. When trust has been destroyed, which emotion is logically prevalent?
4. How many essential childhood experiences are identified by the text?
5. Avoiding change results from which type of block experienced by the person?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 6, the author recommends a graph for what reason?
2. Why is intimate talk necessary to learn?
3. How does the author describe forgiveness in Chapter 9?
4. In the process of rebuilding trust, what is a couple most likely to come to a stalemate over?
5. Why does the author recommend a 'covenant of promises' at the end of Chapter 9?
6. If children do not feel safe and secure, what could happen during their marriage as adults?
7. If children do not value themselves, what could happen during their marriage as adults?
8. What will happen if one partner wants to change the sexual practices in their marriage?
9. What is a schema?
10. If an individual is working to forgive, how can they address the negative behaviors of their partner?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)