|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The bulk of the book is dedicated to which topic?
(a) Accepting the lover as an equal.
(b) Forgiving the unfaithful partner.
(c) Healing after an affair.
(d) Understanding childhood experiences.
2. If a couple does not adequately communicate their desires and needs, they may begin to view each other in which way?
3. The author of the book can be described in which way?
(a) A man with a religious background.
(b) A woman with an advanced degree.
(c) A man with a medical degree.
(d) A woman with no formal training.
4. Why would the hurt partner feel as if they are disposable?
(a) They compare themselves to the lover.
(b) They lose the sense of being special.
(c) They regret the time lost with their partner.
(d) They cannot accurately express their emotions.
5. How does the unfaithful partner feel about moving forward in marriage relationship?
(a) They are ready.
(b) They are unsure.
(c) They withdraw.
(d) They need time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does an affair need to be understood?
2. After a decision is made, what must the couple do next to rebuild their relationship?
3. What is the main purpose of the book?
4. How do children typically respond to the unfaithful partner?
5. Women typically view an affair in which way compared with men?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the book address post-affair healing?
2. What should happen with behaviors that violate trust in a relationship?
3. How is the hurt partner's sense of self affected by the discovery of an affair?
4. In Chapter 6, the author recommends a graph for what reason?
5. Why do couples often feel they are incompatible?
6. How does the presence of children in a marriage affect the unfaithful partner in regards to the affair?
7. What are some assumptions an unfaithful partner could make about sexual intimacy?
8. As discussed in Chapter 9, why are there hazards associated with forgiveness?
9. Who must change in a relationship to build trust again?
10. How is romantic love described?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)