Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many psychological effects on the hurt partner, which occur after the discovery of an affair, does the book address?
2. All extramarital affairs are viewed in which way by the text?
3. Why is the personal identity of a hurt partner affected by an affair?
(a) Their identity is defined by their partner and children.
(b) Their identity and self-worth are tied to their sexuality.
(c) Their identity is regulated solely by their own beliefs.
(d) Their identity is invested in their intimate relationship.
4. Warning signs that the unfaithful partner is likely to pursue future affairs include which behavior?
(a) A pattern of staying late after work.
(b) An inability to emphathize with the hurt partner.
(c) A tendency to distance themselves from the children.
(d) A lack of communication about their whereabouts.
5. The intense attachment a hurt partner may feel towards the unfaithful partner could override which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. If an affair is not completely understood, the unfaithful partner may react in which way?
2. Using mental time projection will help the partners accomplish which task?
3. Why does an affair need to be understood?
4. How does the unfaithful partner feel about moving forward in marriage relationship?
5. Negative and destructive thoughts are linked to which psychological effect suffered by the hurt partner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What experience can influence an individual's ability to engage in intimate talk and intimate listening?
2. What are some assumptions an unfaithful partner could make about sexual intimacy?
3. As discussed in Chapter 4, Is is possible to repair a marriage post-affair?
4. How can an affair positively affect a marriage?
5. Do men and women typically differ in their abilities to engage in intimate talk and intimate listening?
6. Why is intimate listening necessary to learn?
7. What is the role of mature love in a relationship?
8. What should happen with behaviors that violate trust in a relationship?
9. Where do unrealistic expectations of love and marriage come from?
10. Why is intimate talk necessary to learn?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)