|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When deciding on the future of their relationship, a couple should consider which effect on the children?
2. Warning signs that the unfaithful partner is likely to pursue future affairs include which behavior?
(a) An inability to emphathize with the hurt partner.
(b) A lack of communication about their whereabouts.
(c) A tendency to distance themselves from the children.
(d) A pattern of staying late after work.
3. Both partners should listen in which way?
(a) Without judgment.
(b) With concentration.
(c) With love.
(d) Without reacting.
4. Negative and destructive thoughts are linked to which psychological effect suffered by the hurt partner?
(a) Loss of personal identity.
(b) Loss of connection with others.
(c) Loss of religious faith.
(d) Loss of control over mind and body.
5. On what are relationships based?
(a) Family and commitment.
(b) Trust and love.
(c) Common goals and desires.
(d) Respect and friendship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main purpose of the book?
2. How do unfaithful partners typically manage their anxiety?
3. The book urges readers to take an inventory of which aspect of their lives?
4. After an affair, the marital relationship faces which two options?
5. The unfaithful partner may experience physical changes from romantic love that can be expected to last how long?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do family members find it difficult to support a hurt partner during their time of crisis after the discovery of an affair?
2. What is the role of mature love in a relationship?
3. Why do couples often feel they are incompatible?
4. How is the hurt partner's sense of self affected by the discovery of an affair?
5. Why does the author recommend using a mental time projection to envision where the relationship will be?
6. Why do hurt partners blame God for their suffering?
7. How must the affair be analyzed in order to move forward in building trust in the relationship?
8. How is unrequited love described?
9. How does the presence of children in a marriage affect the unfaithful partner in regards to the affair?
10. How is an affair characterized by the author in Chapter 3?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)