|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. An affair, as described by the book, may not always include which behavior?
(a) Breach of trust.
(b) Keeping secrets.
(c) Feelings of betrayal.
(d) Sexual intercourse.
2. How many psychological effects on the hurt partner, which occur after the discovery of an affair, does the book address?
3. Unrealistic expectations are often the result of which experiences?
(a) Unfulfilled dreams.
(d) Previous relationships.
4. How does chapter number 1 conclude?
(a) Discussion of gender-typical reactions of hurt partners.
(b) Explanation of psychological impacts on the hurt partner.
(c) Listing of behaviors to expect from hurt partners in the future.
(d) Comparison of hurt and unfaithful partner rationalizations.
5. The stage of disenchantment in a relationship can be described with which term?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many reasons does the book address that could explain a lack of guilt on the part of the unfaithful partner?
2. What is one of the main purposes of the introduction?
3. If the unfaithful partner feels committed to the lover, how could this affect their feelings about the affair?
4. Negative and destructive thoughts are linked to which psychological effect suffered by the hurt partner?
5. If an affair is not completely understood, the unfaithful partner may react in which way?
Short Essay Questions
1. How can telling the truth about the affair help the hurt partner?
2. If an individual is working to forgive, how can they address the negative behaviors of their partner?
3. What is the central question considered in the Epilogue?
4. If children do not feel safe and secure, what could happen during their marriage as adults?
5. How does an unfaithful partner conduct an affair over a period of time, and what is their emotional reaction upon discovery?
6. What action must the unfaithful partner take for intimate talk to be successful?
7. If children do not value themselves, what could happen during their marriage as adults?
8. How can history repeat itself through children of unfaithful parents growing up to be unfaithful adults?
9. What is a schema?
10. What are some assumptions an unfaithful partner could make about sexual intimacy?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)