|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Relationships can be repaired if both partners react in which way?
(a) With acceptance and forgiveness for the affair.
(b) With willingness to work at the relationship.
(c) With desire to keep their family together at all costs.
(d) With acknowledgement of the level of damage from the affair.
2. The signs of an affair are often treated in which way by the hurt partner?
(a) They are confronted.
(b) They are ignored.
(c) They are explained away.
(d) They are accepted.
3. After a decision is made, what must the couple do next to rebuild their relationship?
(a) Holding a recommitment ceremony.
(b) Rekindling romantic feelings.
(c) Removing the lover from the picture.
(d) Rebuilding the relationship.
4. If the unfaithful partner feels committed to the lover, how could this affect their feelings about the affair?
(a) They may not feel guilty.
(b) They may be angry.
(c) They may feel distracted.
(d) They may not want to reconnect.
5. All extramarital affairs are viewed in which way by the text?
Short Answer Questions
1. Men distract themselves with external events when dealing with an unfaithful partner while women react in which way?
2. As relationships grow, they move into a stage of which type of love?
3. The intense attachment a hurt partner may feel towards the unfaithful partner could override which of the following?
4. An unfaithful partner may experience which emotion after leaving the lover?
5. How many psychological effects on the hurt partner, which occur after the discovery of an affair, does the book address?
Short Essay Questions
1. How must the affair be analyzed in order to move forward in building trust in the relationship?
2. Why could an unfaithful partner feel a lack of guilt about the affair?
3. What methods do unfaithful partners use to hide from deeper emotional issues that may be tied to the affair?
4. What is the fundamental situation of any marriage post-affair which is addressed by Chapter 4?
5. Why do family members find it difficult to support a hurt partner during their time of crisis after the discovery of an affair?
6. What is the role of mature love in a relationship?
7. As discussed in Chapter 4, Is is possible to repair a marriage post-affair?
8. How does the book address post-affair healing?
9. How does the presence of children in a marriage affect the unfaithful partner in regards to the affair?
10. When an affair is discovered, what is the effect on the hurt partner?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)