|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Men distract themselves with external events when dealing with an unfaithful partner while women react in which way?
(a) Plan a retreat to discuss the affair.
(b) Obsess over the relationship.
(c) Confront the lover.
(d) Disengage from the marriage.
2. Relationships can be repaired if both partners react in which way?
(a) With acknowledgement of the level of damage from the affair.
(b) With acceptance and forgiveness for the affair.
(c) With willingness to work at the relationship.
(d) With desire to keep their family together at all costs.
3. When deciding on the future of their relationship, a couple should consider which effect on the children?
4. The introduction addresses which of these questions?
(a) How long did it take to write the book?
(b) When was the book written?
(c) When was the book written?
(d) Who is the book written for?
5. The unfaithful partner often wants to reconnect in their marriage in order to stop feeling which emotion?
Short Answer Questions
1. Although many hurt partners feel that 'good things happen to good people,' how does the discovery of the affair affect this sentiment?
2. While hurt female partners typically become depressed, how do male hurt partners typically react?
3. A loss of sense of purpose can lead to which outcome for the hurt partner?
4. The signs of an affair are often treated in which way by the hurt partner?
5. Using mental time projection will help the partners accomplish which task?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it necessary for an affair to be understood?
2. Why do hurt partners blame God for their suffering?
3. How does the book address gender-typical reactions in Chapter 2?
4. How does an unfaithful partner conduct an affair over a period of time, and what is their emotional reaction upon discovery?
5. How does the text address gender-typical reactions in Chapter 1?
6. What is the fundamental situation of any marriage post-affair which is addressed by Chapter 4?
7. How does the presence of children in a marriage affect the unfaithful partner in regards to the affair?
8. For whom is the book primarily written?
9. How does the book view unrequited and romantic love in terms of their role in a relationship?
10. What does the author recommend the couple do after deciding to rebuild their marriage?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)