|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After considering the economic impacts of divorce, a couple may come to understand which reality about their relationship?
(a) The need to provide for their children.
(b) The rationale for remaining in the relationship.
(c) The financial burden of the affair.
(d) The reasoning behind their financial arguments.
2. How many reasons does the book address that could explain a lack of guilt on the part of the unfaithful partner?
3. When working through an affair, the majority of the typical concerns are experienced by whom?
(a) The lover.
(b) The hurt partner.
(c) The unfaithful partner.
(d) Both partners.
4. How do women usually react to the discovery of an affair?
(a) They attempt to keep their relationship going.
(b) They try to forget about the realities of the affair.
(c) They ignore the explanations of their partner.
(d) They turn to girlfriends and family for support.
5. How many stages is post-affair healing divided into?
Short Answer Questions
1. As relationships grow, they move into a stage of which type of love?
2. The bulk of the book is dedicated to which topic?
3. If an affair is not completely understood, the unfaithful partner may react in which way?
4. Basic goals and new boundaries should be decided on by whom?
5. How do children typically respond to the unfaithful partner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why could an unfaithful partner feel a lack of guilt about the affair?
2. How is the hurt partner's sense of self affected by the discovery of an affair?
3. How is an affair characterized by the author in Chapter 3?
4. How is unrequited love described?
5. Who is the book's intended secondary audience?
6. How is romantic love described?
7. How does the book address gender-typical reactions in Chapter 2?
8. How does the presence of children in a marriage affect the unfaithful partner in regards to the affair?
9. For whom is the book primarily written?
10. As discussed in Chapter 4, Is is possible to repair a marriage post-affair?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)