|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When working through an affair, the majority of the typical concerns are experienced by whom?
(a) The lover.
(b) Both partners.
(c) The hurt partner.
(d) The unfaithful partner.
2. The introduction addresses which of these questions?
(a) When was the book written?
(b) Who is the book written for?
(c) When was the book written?
(d) How long did it take to write the book?
3. Inadequacy in the relationship is felt by whom?
(a) Both male and female hurt partners.
(b) Female hurt partners.
(c) Neither of the hurt partners.
(d) Male hurt partners.
4. How many psychological effects on the hurt partner, which occur after the discovery of an affair, does the book address?
5. The stage of disenchantment in a relationship can be described with which term?
Short Answer Questions
1. After an affair is discovered, how is the personal identity of hurt partner affected?
2. Men distract themselves with external events when dealing with an unfaithful partner while women react in which way?
3. The signs of an affair are often treated in which way by the hurt partner?
4. Which term does the book use to describe the partner who is involved in the affair?
5. All extramarital affairs are viewed in which way by the text?
Short Essay Questions
1. What action must the unfaithful partner take for intimate talk to be successful?
2. What are some assumptions a hurt partner could make about sexual intimacy?
3. How can an affair positively affect a marriage?
4. What is the central question considered in the Epilogue?
5. How is unrequited love described?
6. How does the author characterize an affair?
7. What will happen if one partner wants to change the sexual practices in their marriage?
8. If children do not feel safe and secure, what could happen during their marriage as adults?
9. How is the presence of violent thoughts in the hurt partner related to the discovery of the affair?
10. Where do unrealistic expectations of love and marriage come from?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)