|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If the unfaithful partner feels committed to the lover, how could this affect their feelings about the affair?
(a) They may be angry.
(b) They may not feel guilty.
(c) They may feel distracted.
(d) They may not want to reconnect.
2. What is the first step in post-affair healing?
(a) Managing emotions until feelings can normalize.
(b) Making an appointment to see a marriage counselor.
(c) Discussing the secret nature of the affair.
(d) Discovering the identity of the lover.
3. As relationships grow, they move into a stage of which type of love?
4. Why does an affair need to be understood?
(a) The lover may not leave the relationship.
(b) It could be the end of the relationship.
(c) It may affect the children too deeply.
(d) The hurt partner may never forget.
5. If an affair is not completely understood, the unfaithful partner may react in which way?
(a) They may disengage from the marriage.
(b) They may leave the hurt partner.
(c) They may not abandon their lover.
(d) They may have another affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Men distract themselves with external events when dealing with an unfaithful partner while women react in which way?
2. When some hurt partners discover the affair, they feel an emotional toll equal or greater to which event?
3. After making a difficult decision between the hurt partner and the lover, the unfaithful partner may begin to doubt what about themselves?
4. How should partners treat their unrealistic expectations of love and marriage?
5. How many psychological reactions, which can be experienced by the unfaithful partner after the discovery of the affair, does the book address?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author recommend the couple do after deciding to rebuild their marriage?
2. Where do unrealistic expectations of love and marriage come from?
3. How must the affair be analyzed in order to move forward in building trust in the relationship?
4. What is the role of mature love in a relationship?
5. Who is the book's intended secondary audience?
6. When an affair is discovered, what is the effect on the hurt partner?
7. How does the text address gender-typical reactions in Chapter 1?
8. What steps does the author take to minimize emotionally-charged labels associated with the affair?
9. How does the author characterize an affair?
10. What methods do unfaithful partners use to hide from deeper emotional issues that may be tied to the affair?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)