|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After a decision is made, what must the couple do next to rebuild their relationship?
(a) Rekindling romantic feelings.
(b) Rebuilding the relationship.
(c) Holding a recommitment ceremony.
(d) Removing the lover from the picture.
2. Women typically view an affair in which way compared with men?
(a) Healthy and necessary.
(b) Sad and lonely.
(c) Fun and distracting.
(d) Complicating and difficult.
3. Why would the hurt partner feel as if they are disposable?
(a) They lose the sense of being special.
(b) They compare themselves to the lover.
(c) They cannot accurately express their emotions.
(d) They regret the time lost with their partner.
4. Most relationships begin with which emotion?
(a) Uncontrollable desire.
(b) Deep friendship.
(c) Passionate lust.
(d) Romantic love.
5. Inadequacy in the relationship is felt by whom?
(a) Female hurt partners.
(b) Neither of the hurt partners.
(c) Male hurt partners.
(d) Both male and female hurt partners.
Short Answer Questions
1. If the expectations of love and marriage are not modified, they can lead to which type of relationship?
2. When deciding on the future of their relationship, a couple should consider which effect on the children?
3. If a couple does not adequately communicate their desires and needs, they may begin to view each other in which way?
4. A loss of sense of purpose can lead to which outcome for the hurt partner?
5. If a hurt partner attempts to win back the unfaithful partner, what is the psychological effect on the hurt partner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do hurt partners blame God for their suffering?
2. How is unrequited love described?
3. Why does the author recommend using a mental time projection to envision where the relationship will be?
4. How does the text address gender-typical reactions in Chapter 1?
5. How is romantic love described?
6. What is the role of mature love in a relationship?
7. Who is the book's intended secondary audience?
8. How does the presence of children in a marriage affect the unfaithful partner in regards to the affair?
9. Why do couples often feel they are incompatible?
10. How does the book view unrequited and romantic love in terms of their role in a relationship?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)