|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Post-affair testing for AIDS is described in which way?
(a) Optional for the unfaithful partner.
(b) Necessary for both partners.
(c) Too emotional to be discussed.
(d) Important for the lover.
2. How is masturbation viewed by the text?
(a) A sign of dissatisfaction.
(b) Indicative of marital stress.
(c) A normal behavior.
(d) An individual preference.
3. Which term is used to describe the refusal of one partner to discuss the affair?
4. How do most unfaithful partners describe sex with their lover?
(a) Awkward or unsatisfying.
(b) Fulfilling or passionate.
(c) Dangerous or bold.
(d) Routine or bland.
5. What will happen to conflict after forgiveness?
(a) It should dissipate.
(b) It will not be eliminated.
(c) It could increase.
(d) It may be avoided.
6. Many people erroneously feel that their partners should be able to sense which of the following?
(a) Their demands.
(b) Their frustration.
(c) Their needs.
(d) Their hurt.
7. What does the first part of chapter six focus on?
(a) Methods to change behavior.
(b) How to control the unfaithful partner.
(c) Overcoming resistance to change.
(d) Reasons why a partner is untrustworthy.
8. If a childhood experience is missing from a person's life, the person will compensate with patterned, negative behavior referred to with which term?
9. Who do children need to value in their lives?
(a) Their friends.
(b) Their parents.
(d) Their siblings.
10. Destructive behaviors can be forgiven without which of the following?
11. A bulleted list is provided in Chapter 9 describing which aspects of forgiveness?
(a) Those integral to achieving full forgiveness.
(b) Those unique to each partner.
(c) Those experienced by the hurt partner.
(d) Those needed to heal a marriage.
12. Forgiveness should not be offered in which way?
(a) Passionately and fully.
(b) Freely and unconditionally.
(c) Tentatively and earnestly.
(d) Openly and honestly.
13. A hurt partner may avoid demanding change if they feel it will lead to which situation?
14. Forgiveness can be described in which way?
(a) As a need.
(b) As a process.
(c) As an outcome.
(d) As a reality.
15. How should children connect with others?
Short Answer Questions
1. Future affairs will not be likely to occur if which action is taken?
2. Forgiveness involves mental development and occurs in which timeframe?
3. The author uses the term 'flip-flop' to describe which factor?
4. The process of talking could be different for each partner based on which reality?
5. Couples often assume that sexual desire should be experienced in which way by each partner?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)