|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A partner may refuse to discuss the affair because of which false assumption?
(a) It will bring additional pain into the marriage.
(b) It will cause deeper wounds in the relationship.
(c) It will send the unfaithful partner back to the lover.
(d) It will not be taken seriously by the hurt partner.
2. What could define the way a person listens?
(a) Prior assumptions.
(b) Childhood experiences.
(c) Role in the affair.
(d) Emotional state.
3. Exploring and learning about the affair is achieved through which process?
(a) Forgiving the unfaithful partner.
(b) Open communication.
(c) Accepting the affair.
(d) Intimate talk.
4. The process of talking could be different for each partner based on which reality?
5. How does the book describe the process of changing behavior?
6. Post-affair testing for AIDS is described in which way?
(a) Optional for the unfaithful partner.
(b) Necessary for both partners.
(c) Important for the lover.
(d) Too emotional to be discussed.
7. In addition to feeling safe, children also need to feel which emotion?
8. Which is an assumption about sexual intimacy by many couples?
(a) It would be more exciting with a lover.
(b) It will decrease during the marriage.
(c) It should come easily and naturally.
(d) It could be regained in a relationship.
9. What will happen to conflict after forgiveness?
(a) It may be avoided.
(b) It could increase.
(c) It should dissipate.
(d) It will not be eliminated.
10. The genuine intention of an individual may be lost if the partner feels the behavior is only occurring for which reason?
(a) Because their marriage was damaged.
(b) Because they did not want to hurt the children.
(c) Because they were asked to change.
(d) Because the affair was ended.
11. If the listener repeats the ideas back to the speaker, they are using which technique?
12. Behaviors that build trust are divided in the book into two categories based on which factor?
13. Couples often assume that sexual desire should be experienced in which way by each partner?
(a) With the same frequency.
(b) With the same fantasies.
(c) With the same intensity.
(d) With the same duration.
14. The majority of the blame for an affair belongs to whom?
(a) The lover.
(b) The unfaithful partner.
(c) The hurt partner.
(d) Both partners.
15. Forgiveness can be described in which way?
(a) As a need.
(b) As a reality.
(c) As an outcome.
(d) As a process.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom must forgiveness occur?
2. Intimate listening can be described as which skill?
3. If the unfaithful partner is not interested in sex, the hurt partner may assume which possibility?
4. Who do children need to value in their lives?
5. Why do unfaithful partners feel pressure to perform sex at a high satisfactory level with their partner?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)