|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue - Revealing the Secret: Truth and Consequences.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some people refuse to acknowledge which action by their partner?
(a) Efforts made to discuss the betrayal.
(b) Sincere progress towards change.
(c) Recommitment to the marriage.
(d) Heartfelt apologies for the affair.
2. The signs of an affair are often treated in which way by the hurt partner?
(a) They are accepted.
(b) They are confronted.
(c) They are explained away.
(d) They are ignored.
3. Forgiveness should not be offered in which way?
(a) Tentatively and earnestly.
(b) Passionately and fully.
(c) Freely and unconditionally.
(d) Openly and honestly.
4. What is the second phase of post-affair healing?
(a) Working to recommit on an intimate level.
(b) Telling the children about the affair.
(c) Deciding whether to separate or stay together.
(d) Moving the unfaithful partner out of the house.
5. Chapter seven is divided into sections based on which two skills?
(a) Communicating and understanding.
(b) Talking and listening.
(c) Acknowledging and accepting.
(d) Forgiving and forgetting.
Short Answer Questions
1. If forgiveness is offered too quickly, how can it affect the individual?
2. Which term is used to describe the refusal of one partner to discuss the affair?
3. If the hurt partner learns the truth about the affair, they might react in which way to continue their marriage?
4. The chances of staying faithful in the future are increased if the unfaithful partner takes which action?
5. The genuine intention of an individual may be lost if the partner feels the behavior is only occurring for which reason?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)