|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 - How to Talk About What Happened.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do some partners mistakenly believe that verbal abuse must be accepted?
(a) It is justified after the affair.
(b) It is part of their personality.
(c) It is deserved by the unfaithful partner.
(d) It is how their parents treated them.
2. The negative reactions of friends and family can enhance which feeling for the unfaithful partner?
3. Unrealistic expectations are often the result of which experiences?
(c) Previous relationships.
(d) Unfulfilled dreams.
4. What is the second phase of post-affair healing?
(a) Deciding whether to separate or stay together.
(b) Telling the children about the affair.
(c) Moving the unfaithful partner out of the house.
(d) Working to recommit on an intimate level.
5. Which idea is unlikely about the couple working through an extramarital affair?
(a) They are incompatible.
(b) They are stronger.
(c) They are dysfunctional.
(d) They are committed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the first part of chapter six focus on?
2. Who is the book's primary audience?
3. The stage of disenchantment in a relationship can be described with which term?
4. Why does an affair need to be understood?
5. How many psychological reactions, which can be experienced by the unfaithful partner after the discovery of the affair, does the book address?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)