|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 - How to Talk About What Happened.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which term does the book use to describe the partner who is involved in the affair?
2. When the relationship with the lover is ended by the unfaithful partner, which emotion typically follows?
3. When hurt partners engage in obsession behaviors, how is this related to the discovery of the affair?
(a) The behaviors are attempts to dull pain and reduce anxiety.
(b) The behaviors are attempts to get the attention of the unfaithful partner.
(c) The behaviors are attempts to get even with the lover.
(d) The behaviors are attempts to remember life before the relationship.
4. What could define the way a person listens?
(a) Role in the affair.
(b) Childhood experiences.
(c) Prior assumptions.
(d) Emotional state.
5. If the listener repeats the ideas back to the speaker, they are using which technique?
Short Answer Questions
1. If the unfaithful partner feels committed to the lover, how could this affect their feelings about the affair?
2. The author uses the term 'flip-flop' to describe which factor?
3. The most fundamental situation faced by the partners in a marriage post-affair is which of the following?
4. After an affair is discovered, how is the personal identity of hurt partner affected?
5. Many people erroneously feel that their partners should be able to sense which of the following?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)