|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 - How to Talk About What Happened.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A formal announcement by the partners should be made at which stage?
(a) After learning about the affair.
(b) After deciding to divorce.
(c) After recommitting to the relationship.
(d) After working on the relationship for a period of time.
2. After considering the economic impacts of divorce, a couple may come to understand which reality about their relationship?
(a) The financial burden of the affair.
(b) The reasoning behind their financial arguments.
(c) The need to provide for their children.
(d) The rationale for remaining in the relationship.
3. When the affair is discovered, what is the typical reaction of the unfaithful partner?
(a) Emotional relief.
(b) Anger and jealousy.
(c) Fear and loathing.
4. Why do some partners mistakenly believe that verbal abuse must be accepted?
(a) It is how their parents treated them.
(b) It is deserved by the unfaithful partner.
(c) It is justified after the affair.
(d) It is part of their personality.
5. How does chapter number 1 conclude?
(a) Explanation of psychological impacts on the hurt partner.
(b) Listing of behaviors to expect from hurt partners in the future.
(c) Discussion of gender-typical reactions of hurt partners.
(d) Comparison of hurt and unfaithful partner rationalizations.
Short Answer Questions
1. A graph is provided for couples to chart behaviors that can be preformed in which timeframe?
2. If a couple does not adequately communicate their desires and needs, they may begin to view each other in which way?
3. After a decision is made, what must the couple do next to rebuild their relationship?
4. An affair, as described by the book, may not always include which behavior?
5. After the affair is discovered, how does the unfaithful partner typically react to the repeated lying in which they had been engaging?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)