|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 - Confronting Your Doubts and Fears.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Both partners should listen in which way?
(a) With love.
(b) With concentration.
(c) Without reacting.
(d) Without judgment.
2. After an affair, the marital relationship faces which two options?
(a) Termination or ignorance.
(b) Discussion or counseling.
(c) Renogotiation or openness.
(d) Dissolution or recommitment.
3. When the affair is discovered, what is the typical reaction of the unfaithful partner?
(a) Emotional relief.
(b) Anger and jealousy.
(d) Fear and loathing.
4. For trust to be regained in a relationship, what must happen?
(a) The hurt partner must have an affair as well.
(b) The affair must be analyzed from all angles.
(c) The lover must be involved in couples counseling.
(d) The root causes of the affair must be eliminated.
5. Why does the author deliberately chose particular words and phrases to use in the book?
(a) To avoid emotionally charged labels.
(b) To help the couple speak openly about their problems.
(c) To eliminate stereotypes about infidelity.
(d) To create a new language for the partners.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the unfaithful partner feel about moving forward in marriage relationship?
2. Basic goals and new boundaries should be decided on by whom?
3. The unfaithful partner may experience physical changes from romantic love that can be expected to last how long?
4. When an unfaithful partner returns to find their marriage damaged, they often feel which emotion?
5. If an affair is not completely understood, the unfaithful partner may react in which way?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)