|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 - Confronting Your Doubts and Fears.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How should partners treat their unrealistic expectations of love and marriage?
(a) Examine their origins.
(b) Decide mutually to forget them.
(c) Critique each others' beliefs.
(d) Undergo couples counseling.
2. When an unfaithful partner returns to find their marriage damaged, they often feel which emotion?
3. On what are relationships based?
(a) Family and commitment.
(b) Respect and friendship.
(c) Common goals and desires.
(d) Trust and love.
4. The stage of disenchantment in a relationship can be described with which term?
5. When some hurt partners discover the affair, they feel an emotional toll equal or greater to which event?
(a) Being raped.
(b) Losing a child.
(c) Being fired from a job.
(d) Getting into a car accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the author deliberately chose particular words and phrases to use in the book?
2. When deciding on the future of their relationship, a couple should consider which effect on the children?
3. After closer examination, the rationalizations used by the unfaithful partner to justify the affair often can be described in which way?
4. Although many hurt partners feel that 'good things happen to good people,' how does the discovery of the affair affect this sentiment?
5. Why does an affair need to be understood?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)