|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 - Confronting Your Doubts and Fears.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the book's secondary audience?
(a) A therapist advising a patient on sexual expectations in a marriage.
(b) A lover wanting to push their partner towards a marriage proposal.
(c) A pastor counseling a couple prior to their wedding.
(d) A child wanting to understand their parent's affair.
2. Women typically view an affair in which way compared with men?
(a) Sad and lonely.
(b) Complicating and difficult.
(c) Fun and distracting.
(d) Healthy and necessary.
3. While hurt female partners typically become depressed, how do male hurt partners typically react?
(a) They become fearful.
(b) They become angry.
(c) They become lonely.
(d) They become sad.
4. Why does the author deliberately chose particular words and phrases to use in the book?
(a) To eliminate stereotypes about infidelity.
(b) To create a new language for the partners.
(c) To help the couple speak openly about their problems.
(d) To avoid emotionally charged labels.
5. Most relationships begin with which emotion?
(a) Uncontrollable desire.
(b) Romantic love.
(c) Deep friendship.
(d) Passionate lust.
Short Answer Questions
1. The stage of disenchantment in a relationship can be described with which term?
2. Warning signs that the unfaithful partner is likely to pursue future affairs include which behavior?
3. Unrealistic expectations are often the result of which experiences?
4. How many psychological reactions, which can be experienced by the unfaithful partner after the discovery of the affair, does the book address?
5. The introduction addresses which of these questions?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)