|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 - Confronting Your Doubts and Fears.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do unfaithful partners typically manage their anxiety?
(a) Arrange to see their lover more frequently.
(b) Become involved in a wide range of activities.
(c) Disengage from the marriage even further.
(d) Attempt to understand the feelings of the hurt partner.
2. The most fundamental situation faced by the partners in a marriage post-affair is which of the following?
(a) How to regain sexual intimacy.
(b) How to forgive and forget.
(c) How to trust again.
(d) How to recommit to the marriage.
3. Using mental time projection will help the partners accomplish which task?
(a) Let go of past infidelities.
(b) Focus on the rebuilding process.
(c) Rekindle their sexual intimacy.
(d) Forgive the unfaithful partner.
4. If the expectations of love and marriage are not modified, they can lead to which type of relationship?
5. When friends and family withdraw from the unfaithful partner, who can provide a temporary substitute?
(a) Work colleagues.
(b) Religous leaders.
(c) Professional therapists.
(d) The lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. Basic goals and new boundaries should be decided on by whom?
2. Which term does the book use to describe the partner who is involved in the affair?
3. When the relationship with the lover is ended by the unfaithful partner, which emotion typically follows?
4. Which idea is unlikely about the couple working through an extramarital affair?
5. When the affair is discovered, what is the typical reaction of the unfaithful partner?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)