|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 - Confronting Your Doubts and Fears.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the book's primary audience?
(a) An unfaithful partner who is unsure about the status of their marriage.
(b) A couple who want to rebuild their relationship after an affair.
(c) A hurt partner who wants to get even with the unfaithful partner.
(d) A lover who wants to beging a new relationship outside the affair.
2. When deciding on the future of their relationship, a couple should consider which effect on the children?
3. Which idea is unlikely about the couple working through an extramarital affair?
(a) They are incompatible.
(b) They are dysfunctional.
(c) They are stronger.
(d) They are committed.
4. The signs of an affair are often treated in which way by the hurt partner?
(a) They are accepted.
(b) They are confronted.
(c) They are ignored.
(d) They are explained away.
5. When hurt partners engage in obsession behaviors, how is this related to the discovery of the affair?
(a) The behaviors are attempts to remember life before the relationship.
(b) The behaviors are attempts to get the attention of the unfaithful partner.
(c) The behaviors are attempts to dull pain and reduce anxiety.
(d) The behaviors are attempts to get even with the lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. The book presents a bulleted list of which type of expectations of love and marriage?
2. How do children typically respond to the unfaithful partner?
3. When working through an affair, the majority of the typical concerns are experienced by whom?
4. After making a difficult decision between the hurt partner and the lover, the unfaithful partner may begin to doubt what about themselves?
5. When some hurt partners discover the affair, they feel an emotional toll equal or greater to which event?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)