|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 - Exploring Your Ideas About Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do women usually react to the discovery of an affair?
(a) They attempt to keep their relationship going.
(b) They ignore the explanations of their partner.
(c) They try to forget about the realities of the affair.
(d) They turn to girlfriends and family for support.
2. An affair, as described by the book, may not always include which behavior?
(a) Feelings of betrayal.
(b) Breach of trust.
(c) Keeping secrets.
(d) Sexual intercourse.
3. What is the main purpose of the book?
(a) To guide a couple through a divorce.
(b) To advise a couple on how to regain sexual intimacy.
(c) To help a couple survive an affair.
(d) To instruct a couple on how to stay married.
4. If the hurt partner chooses to remain with the unfaithful partner even though the relationship is dysfunctional, which term described this type of love?
5. The signs of an affair are often treated in which way by the hurt partner?
(a) They are confronted.
(b) They are accepted.
(c) They are explained away.
(d) They are ignored.
Short Answer Questions
1. After closer examination, the rationalizations used by the unfaithful partner to justify the affair often can be described in which way?
2. The basic premise of the book assumes the readers have made which decision about their relationship?
3. Why does the author deliberately chose particular words and phrases to use in the book?
4. Why is the personal identity of a hurt partner affected by an affair?
5. Although many hurt partners feel that 'good things happen to good people,' how does the discovery of the affair affect this sentiment?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)