|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 - Exploring Your Ideas About Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main purpose of the book?
(a) To help a couple survive an affair.
(b) To advise a couple on how to regain sexual intimacy.
(c) To instruct a couple on how to stay married.
(d) To guide a couple through a divorce.
2. Why does an affair need to be understood?
(a) It may affect the children too deeply.
(b) It could be the end of the relationship.
(c) The lover may not leave the relationship.
(d) The hurt partner may never forget.
3. After an affair is discovered, how is the personal identity of hurt partner affected?
(a) It is stabilized.
(b) It is lost.
(c) It is recreated.
(d) It is improved.
4. How many psychological effects on the hurt partner, which occur after the discovery of an affair, does the book address?
5. What is one of the main purposes of the introduction?
(a) To create interest in the text.
(b) To advise the reader in their relationship.
(c) To explain how affairs begin.
(d) To establish themes of the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. While hurt female partners typically become depressed, how do male hurt partners typically react?
2. Negative and destructive thoughts are linked to which psychological effect suffered by the hurt partner?
3. If the expectations of love and marriage are not modified, they can lead to which type of relationship?
4. What is the fundamental difference between the hurt and unfaithful partners' reactions to the affair?
5. Connecting with friends and family in the wake of an affair is perceived how by the hurt partner?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)