|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 - Exploring Your Ideas About Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does an affair need to be understood?
(a) The hurt partner may never forget.
(b) The lover may not leave the relationship.
(c) It could be the end of the relationship.
(d) It may affect the children too deeply.
2. The person involved in the relationship, but who is not one of the married partners, is termed which of the following?
3. What is one of the main purposes of the introduction?
(a) To advise the reader in their relationship.
(b) To create interest in the text.
(c) To explain how affairs begin.
(d) To establish themes of the book.
4. A loss of sense of purpose can lead to which outcome for the hurt partner?
(a) Suicidal thoughts.
(b) Withdrawing sexually.
(c) Taking the children.
(d) Wanting a divorce.
5. The unfaithful partner may experience physical changes from romantic love that can be expected to last how long?
(a) Throughout the affair.
(b) A short time.
(c) When they're with their lover.
(d) The rest of their life.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many psychological reactions, which can be experienced by the unfaithful partner after the discovery of the affair, does the book address?
2. The overall length of the introduction can be described with which term?
3. According to Chapter 3, how should irrational or erroneous thoughts should be treated?
4. An affair, as described by the book, may not always include which behavior?
5. When an unfaithful partner returns to find their marriage damaged, they often feel which emotion?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)