|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 - Exploring Your Ideas About Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While hurt female partners typically become depressed, how do male hurt partners typically react?
(a) They become sad.
(b) They become lonely.
(c) They become angry.
(d) They become fearful.
2. When hurt partners engage in obsession behaviors, how is this related to the discovery of the affair?
(a) The behaviors are attempts to get even with the lover.
(b) The behaviors are attempts to remember life before the relationship.
(c) The behaviors are attempts to dull pain and reduce anxiety.
(d) The behaviors are attempts to get the attention of the unfaithful partner.
3. The stage of disenchantment in a relationship can be described with which term?
4. When an unfaithful partner returns to find their marriage damaged, they often feel which emotion?
5. What is the second phase of post-affair healing?
(a) Working to recommit on an intimate level.
(b) Telling the children about the affair.
(c) Deciding whether to separate or stay together.
(d) Moving the unfaithful partner out of the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Women typically view an affair in which way compared with men?
2. If the unfaithful partner feels committed to the lover, how could this affect their feelings about the affair?
3. After an affair, the marital relationship faces which two options?
4. When some hurt partners discover the affair, they feel an emotional toll equal or greater to which event?
5. Inadequacy in the relationship is felt by whom?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)