|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 - Exploring Your Ideas About Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why would the hurt partner feel as if they are disposable?
(a) They regret the time lost with their partner.
(b) They lose the sense of being special.
(c) They compare themselves to the lover.
(d) They cannot accurately express their emotions.
2. The intense attachment a hurt partner may feel towards the unfaithful partner could override which of the following?
3. The author of the book can be described in which way?
(a) A man with a religious background.
(b) A man with a medical degree.
(c) A woman with no formal training.
(d) A woman with an advanced degree.
4. What is the main purpose of the book?
(a) To guide a couple through a divorce.
(b) To help a couple survive an affair.
(c) To instruct a couple on how to stay married.
(d) To advise a couple on how to regain sexual intimacy.
5. Negative and destructive thoughts are linked to which psychological effect suffered by the hurt partner?
(a) Loss of control over mind and body.
(b) Loss of connection with others.
(c) Loss of personal identity.
(d) Loss of religious faith.
Short Answer Questions
1. The book urges readers to take an inventory of which aspect of their lives?
2. When the relationship with the lover is ended by the unfaithful partner, which emotion typically follows?
3. The person involved in the relationship, but who is not one of the married partners, is termed which of the following?
4. The unfaithful partner often wants to reconnect in their marriage in order to stop feeling which emotion?
5. The stage of disenchantment in a relationship can be described with which term?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)