|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 - Exploring Your Ideas About Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The bulk of the book is dedicated to which topic?
(a) Healing after an affair.
(b) Accepting the lover as an equal.
(c) Forgiving the unfaithful partner.
(d) Understanding childhood experiences.
2. How many reasons does the book address that could explain a lack of guilt on the part of the unfaithful partner?
3. The book presents a bulleted list of which type of expectations of love and marriage?
4. Why does the author deliberately chose particular words and phrases to use in the book?
(a) To help the couple speak openly about their problems.
(b) To avoid emotionally charged labels.
(c) To create a new language for the partners.
(d) To eliminate stereotypes about infidelity.
5. The overall length of the introduction can be described with which term?
(a) Varies by edition.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many psychological effects on the hurt partner, which occur after the discovery of an affair, does the book address?
2. What is the main purpose of the book?
3. A loss of sense of purpose can lead to which outcome for the hurt partner?
4. Most relationships begin with which emotion?
5. Unrealistic expectations are often the result of which experiences?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)