|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 - Exploring Your Ideas About Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Negative and destructive thoughts are linked to which psychological effect suffered by the hurt partner?
(a) Loss of personal identity.
(b) Loss of connection with others.
(c) Loss of control over mind and body.
(d) Loss of religious faith.
2. The book urges readers to take an inventory of which aspect of their lives?
(a) Conservations had about faithfulness.
(b) Promises made during wedding vows.
(c) Personal desires and beliefs.
(d) Dreams and goals for the future.
3. A loss of sense of purpose can lead to which outcome for the hurt partner?
(a) Withdrawing sexually.
(b) Suicidal thoughts.
(c) Taking the children.
(d) Wanting a divorce.
4. The introduction addresses which of these questions?
(a) When was the book written?
(b) Who is the book written for?
(c) When was the book written?
(d) How long did it take to write the book?
5. While hurt female partners typically become depressed, how do male hurt partners typically react?
(a) They become angry.
(b) They become lonely.
(c) They become sad.
(d) They become fearful.
Short Answer Questions
1. When some hurt partners discover the affair, they feel an emotional toll equal or greater to which event?
2. The unfaithful partner may experience physical changes from romantic love that can be expected to last how long?
3. If the hurt partner chooses to remain with the unfaithful partner even though the relationship is dysfunctional, which term described this type of love?
4. If a hurt partner attempts to win back the unfaithful partner, what is the psychological effect on the hurt partner?
5. All extramarital affairs are viewed in which way by the text?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)