|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - The Unfaithful Partner's Response: Lost in a Labyrinth of Choices.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Women typically view an affair in which way compared with men?
(a) Sad and lonely.
(b) Complicating and difficult.
(c) Fun and distracting.
(d) Healthy and necessary.
2. What is one of the main purposes of the introduction?
(a) To create interest in the text.
(b) To explain how affairs begin.
(c) To advise the reader in their relationship.
(d) To establish themes of the book.
3. Negative and destructive thoughts are linked to which psychological effect suffered by the hurt partner?
(a) Loss of connection with others.
(b) Loss of religious faith.
(c) Loss of personal identity.
(d) Loss of control over mind and body.
4. Why does an affair need to be understood?
(a) The lover may not leave the relationship.
(b) It could be the end of the relationship.
(c) It may affect the children too deeply.
(d) The hurt partner may never forget.
5. The introduction addresses which of these questions?
(a) Who is the book written for?
(b) When was the book written?
(c) How long did it take to write the book?
(d) When was the book written?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the relationship with the lover is ended by the unfaithful partner, which emotion typically follows?
2. After the affair is discovered, how does the unfaithful partner typically react to the repeated lying in which they had been engaging?
3. When an unfaithful partner returns to find their marriage damaged, they often feel which emotion?
4. If a hurt partner attempts to win back the unfaithful partner, what is the psychological effect on the hurt partner?
5. What is the fundamental difference between the hurt and unfaithful partners' reactions to the affair?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)