|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - The Unfaithful Partner's Response: Lost in a Labyrinth of Choices.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many stages is post-affair healing divided into?
2. Although many hurt partners feel that 'good things happen to good people,' how does the discovery of the affair affect this sentiment?
(a) They become aware their partner is not a good person.
(b) They must abandon their common, fundamental beliefs.
(c) They hold tightly to the idea that good things will come their way.
(d) They believe they did something wrong to bring on the affair.
3. Why does the author deliberately chose particular words and phrases to use in the book?
(a) To eliminate stereotypes about infidelity.
(b) To avoid emotionally charged labels.
(c) To create a new language for the partners.
(d) To help the couple speak openly about their problems.
4. Why would the hurt partner feel as if they are disposable?
(a) They lose the sense of being special.
(b) They compare themselves to the lover.
(c) They regret the time lost with their partner.
(d) They cannot accurately express their emotions.
5. The negative reactions of friends and family can enhance which feeling for the unfaithful partner?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first step in post-affair healing?
2. The unfaithful partner often wants to reconnect in their marriage in order to stop feeling which emotion?
3. After closer examination, the rationalizations used by the unfaithful partner to justify the affair often can be described in which way?
4. Inadequacy in the relationship is felt by whom?
5. The person involved in the relationship, but who is not one of the married partners, is termed which of the following?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)