|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - The Unfaithful Partner's Response: Lost in a Labyrinth of Choices.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first step in post-affair healing?
(a) Discussing the secret nature of the affair.
(b) Discovering the identity of the lover.
(c) Managing emotions until feelings can normalize.
(d) Making an appointment to see a marriage counselor.
2. The unfaithful partner often wants to reconnect in their marriage in order to stop feeling which emotion?
3. While hurt female partners typically become depressed, how do male hurt partners typically react?
(a) They become lonely.
(b) They become angry.
(c) They become fearful.
(d) They become sad.
4. Although many hurt partners feel that 'good things happen to good people,' how does the discovery of the affair affect this sentiment?
(a) They must abandon their common, fundamental beliefs.
(b) They become aware their partner is not a good person.
(c) They hold tightly to the idea that good things will come their way.
(d) They believe they did something wrong to bring on the affair.
5. How does chapter number 1 conclude?
(a) Discussion of gender-typical reactions of hurt partners.
(b) Comparison of hurt and unfaithful partner rationalizations.
(c) Listing of behaviors to expect from hurt partners in the future.
(d) Explanation of psychological impacts on the hurt partner.
Short Answer Questions
1. The overall length of the introduction can be described with which term?
2. What is one of the main purposes of the introduction?
3. How do children typically respond to the unfaithful partner?
4. After an affair is discovered, how is the personal identity of hurt partner affected?
5. Why does an affair need to be understood?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)