|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - The Unfaithful Partner's Response: Lost in a Labyrinth of Choices.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Connecting with friends and family in the wake of an affair is perceived how by the hurt partner?
(a) Instant and deep.
(b) Difficult and painful.
(c) Easy and necessary.
(d) Tenuous and slow.
2. Which term does the book use to describe the partner who is involved in the affair?
3. When friends and family withdraw from the unfaithful partner, who can provide a temporary substitute?
(a) Professional therapists.
(b) Work colleagues.
(c) The lover.
(d) Religous leaders.
4. A loss of sense of purpose can lead to which outcome for the hurt partner?
(a) Taking the children.
(b) Withdrawing sexually.
(c) Suicidal thoughts.
(d) Wanting a divorce.
5. After the affair is discovered, how does the unfaithful partner typically react to the repeated lying in which they had been engaging?
(a) They grow tired of lying.
(b) They invent new ways to lie.
(c) They enjoy the thrill of lying.
(d) They teach their children how to lie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the main purposes of the introduction?
2. How many stages is post-affair healing divided into?
3. Women typically view an affair in which way compared with men?
4. When some hurt partners discover the affair, they feel an emotional toll equal or greater to which event?
5. An affair, as described by the book, may not always include which behavior?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)