|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - The Unfaithful Partner's Response: Lost in a Labyrinth of Choices.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The overall length of the introduction can be described with which term?
(a) Varies by edition.
2. Although many hurt partners feel that 'good things happen to good people,' how does the discovery of the affair affect this sentiment?
(a) They must abandon their common, fundamental beliefs.
(b) They become aware their partner is not a good person.
(c) They hold tightly to the idea that good things will come their way.
(d) They believe they did something wrong to bring on the affair.
3. Why does the author deliberately chose particular words and phrases to use in the book?
(a) To eliminate stereotypes about infidelity.
(b) To avoid emotionally charged labels.
(c) To create a new language for the partners.
(d) To help the couple speak openly about their problems.
4. How many reasons does the book address that could explain a lack of guilt on the part of the unfaithful partner?
5. How many stages is post-affair healing divided into?
Short Answer Questions
1. A person contemplating an extramarital affair will most likely view this book in which way?
2. After the affair is discovered, how does the unfaithful partner typically react to the repeated lying in which they had been engaging?
3. How is the religious faith of hurt partners affected after an affair?
4. Who is the book's primary audience?
5. The bulk of the book is dedicated to which topic?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)