|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - The Unfaithful Partner's Response: Lost in a Labyrinth of Choices.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If a hurt partner attempts to win back the unfaithful partner, what is the psychological effect on the hurt partner?
(a) They lose their will to try in the relationship.
(b) They lose their sense of self-respect.
(c) They are angry at the lover.
(d) They are devastated by the affair.
2. The negative reactions of friends and family can enhance which feeling for the unfaithful partner?
3. The signs of an affair are often treated in which way by the hurt partner?
(a) They are ignored.
(b) They are accepted.
(c) They are confronted.
(d) They are explained away.
4. Why does the author deliberately chose particular words and phrases to use in the book?
(a) To help the couple speak openly about their problems.
(b) To eliminate stereotypes about infidelity.
(c) To create a new language for the partners.
(d) To avoid emotionally charged labels.
5. The introduction addresses which of these questions?
(a) Who is the book written for?
(b) When was the book written?
(c) When was the book written?
(d) How long did it take to write the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. The overall length of the introduction can be described with which term?
2. How do children typically respond to the unfaithful partner?
3. How many psychological effects on the hurt partner, which occur after the discovery of an affair, does the book address?
4. When an unfaithful partner returns to find their marriage damaged, they often feel which emotion?
5. After closer examination, the rationalizations used by the unfaithful partner to justify the affair often can be described in which way?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)