|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - The Unfaithful Partner's Response: Lost in a Labyrinth of Choices.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does chapter number 1 conclude?
(a) Discussion of gender-typical reactions of hurt partners.
(b) Explanation of psychological impacts on the hurt partner.
(c) Comparison of hurt and unfaithful partner rationalizations.
(d) Listing of behaviors to expect from hurt partners in the future.
2. How is the religious faith of hurt partners affected after an affair?
(a) They convert to a different religion.
(b) They blame God for their suffering.
(c) They find solace in church.
(d) They reject the sacredness of marriage.
3. Who is the book's secondary audience?
(a) A lover wanting to push their partner towards a marriage proposal.
(b) A therapist advising a patient on sexual expectations in a marriage.
(c) A pastor counseling a couple prior to their wedding.
(d) A child wanting to understand their parent's affair.
4. Why does the author deliberately chose particular words and phrases to use in the book?
(a) To help the couple speak openly about their problems.
(b) To avoid emotionally charged labels.
(c) To create a new language for the partners.
(d) To eliminate stereotypes about infidelity.
5. Men distract themselves with external events when dealing with an unfaithful partner while women react in which way?
(a) Confront the lover.
(b) Disengage from the marriage.
(c) Obsess over the relationship.
(d) Plan a retreat to discuss the affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. When an unfaithful partner returns to find their marriage damaged, they often feel which emotion?
2. The negative reactions of friends and family can enhance which feeling for the unfaithful partner?
3. The person involved in the relationship, but who is not one of the married partners, is termed which of the following?
4. If a hurt partner attempts to win back the unfaithful partner, what is the psychological effect on the hurt partner?
5. What must occur with the deeper issues felt by the unfaithful partner?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)