|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - The Unfaithful Partner's Response: Lost in a Labyrinth of Choices.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the author deliberately chose particular words and phrases to use in the book?
(a) To eliminate stereotypes about infidelity.
(b) To help the couple speak openly about their problems.
(c) To create a new language for the partners.
(d) To avoid emotionally charged labels.
2. Connecting with friends and family in the wake of an affair is perceived how by the hurt partner?
(a) Easy and necessary.
(b) Tenuous and slow.
(c) Instant and deep.
(d) Difficult and painful.
3. A loss of sense of purpose can lead to which outcome for the hurt partner?
(a) Withdrawing sexually.
(b) Wanting a divorce.
(c) Suicidal thoughts.
(d) Taking the children.
4. What must occur with the deeper issues felt by the unfaithful partner?
(a) They must be addressed.
(b) They can be resolved.
(c) They need time to sort out.
(d) They should be ignored.
5. The bulk of the book is dedicated to which topic?
(a) Accepting the lover as an equal.
(b) Healing after an affair.
(c) Understanding childhood experiences.
(d) Forgiving the unfaithful partner.
Short Answer Questions
1. A person contemplating an extramarital affair will most likely view this book in which way?
2. After an affair is discovered, how is the personal identity of hurt partner affected?
3. Although many hurt partners feel that 'good things happen to good people,' how does the discovery of the affair affect this sentiment?
4. After a decision is made, what must the couple do next to rebuild their relationship?
5. If the unfaithful partner feels committed to the lover, how could this affect their feelings about the affair?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)