|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - The Unfaithful Partner's Response: Lost in a Labyrinth of Choices.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When some hurt partners discover the affair, they feel an emotional toll equal or greater to which event?
(a) Getting into a car accident.
(b) Losing a child.
(c) Being fired from a job.
(d) Being raped.
2. If a hurt partner attempts to win back the unfaithful partner, what is the psychological effect on the hurt partner?
(a) They are angry at the lover.
(b) They lose their sense of self-respect.
(c) They are devastated by the affair.
(d) They lose their will to try in the relationship.
3. What is the main purpose of the book?
(a) To advise a couple on how to regain sexual intimacy.
(b) To guide a couple through a divorce.
(c) To instruct a couple on how to stay married.
(d) To help a couple survive an affair.
4. Men distract themselves with external events when dealing with an unfaithful partner while women react in which way?
(a) Obsess over the relationship.
(b) Confront the lover.
(c) Disengage from the marriage.
(d) Plan a retreat to discuss the affair.
5. When the affair is discovered, what is the typical reaction of the unfaithful partner?
(a) Anger and jealousy.
(c) Fear and loathing.
(d) Emotional relief.
Short Answer Questions
1. After closer examination, the rationalizations used by the unfaithful partner to justify the affair often can be described in which way?
2. What must occur with the deeper issues felt by the unfaithful partner?
3. Connecting with friends and family in the wake of an affair is perceived how by the hurt partner?
4. What is the fundamental difference between the hurt and unfaithful partners' reactions to the affair?
5. What is the first step in post-affair healing?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)