|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - The Unfaithful Partner's Response: Lost in a Labyrinth of Choices.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second phase of post-affair healing?
(a) Working to recommit on an intimate level.
(b) Deciding whether to separate or stay together.
(c) Telling the children about the affair.
(d) Moving the unfaithful partner out of the house.
2. How many reasons does the book address that could explain a lack of guilt on the part of the unfaithful partner?
3. Who is the book's secondary audience?
(a) A pastor counseling a couple prior to their wedding.
(b) A child wanting to understand their parent's affair.
(c) A lover wanting to push their partner towards a marriage proposal.
(d) A therapist advising a patient on sexual expectations in a marriage.
4. Who is the book's primary audience?
(a) A hurt partner who wants to get even with the unfaithful partner.
(b) A lover who wants to beging a new relationship outside the affair.
(c) An unfaithful partner who is unsure about the status of their marriage.
(d) A couple who want to rebuild their relationship after an affair.
5. A loss of sense of purpose can lead to which outcome for the hurt partner?
(a) Suicidal thoughts.
(b) Withdrawing sexually.
(c) Wanting a divorce.
(d) Taking the children.
Short Answer Questions
1. After a decision is made, what must the couple do next to rebuild their relationship?
2. How many psychological effects on the hurt partner, which occur after the discovery of an affair, does the book address?
3. Why is the personal identity of a hurt partner affected by an affair?
4. A person contemplating an extramarital affair will most likely view this book in which way?
5. How do unfaithful partners typically manage their anxiety?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)