|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - The Unfaithful Partner's Response: Lost in a Labyrinth of Choices.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the affair is discovered, how does the unfaithful partner typically react to the repeated lying in which they had been engaging?
(a) They grow tired of lying.
(b) They enjoy the thrill of lying.
(c) They invent new ways to lie.
(d) They teach their children how to lie.
2. After an affair is discovered, how is the personal identity of hurt partner affected?
(a) It is improved.
(b) It is stabilized.
(c) It is recreated.
(d) It is lost.
3. Why is the personal identity of a hurt partner affected by an affair?
(a) Their identity is invested in their intimate relationship.
(b) Their identity is regulated solely by their own beliefs.
(c) Their identity is defined by their partner and children.
(d) Their identity and self-worth are tied to their sexuality.
4. Who is the book's secondary audience?
(a) A child wanting to understand their parent's affair.
(b) A therapist advising a patient on sexual expectations in a marriage.
(c) A lover wanting to push their partner towards a marriage proposal.
(d) A pastor counseling a couple prior to their wedding.
5. Although many hurt partners feel that 'good things happen to good people,' how does the discovery of the affair affect this sentiment?
(a) They hold tightly to the idea that good things will come their way.
(b) They believe they did something wrong to bring on the affair.
(c) They must abandon their common, fundamental beliefs.
(d) They become aware their partner is not a good person.
Short Answer Questions
1. The person involved in the relationship, but who is not one of the married partners, is termed which of the following?
2. When the relationship with the lover is ended by the unfaithful partner, which emotion typically follows?
3. After closer examination, the rationalizations used by the unfaithful partner to justify the affair often can be described in which way?
4. After making a difficult decision between the hurt partner and the lover, the unfaithful partner may begin to doubt what about themselves?
5. What is the second phase of post-affair healing?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)