|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - The Unfaithful Partner's Response: Lost in a Labyrinth of Choices.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Women typically view an affair in which way compared with men?
(a) Healthy and necessary.
(b) Fun and distracting.
(c) Sad and lonely.
(d) Complicating and difficult.
2. Negative and destructive thoughts are linked to which psychological effect suffered by the hurt partner?
(a) Loss of control over mind and body.
(b) Loss of personal identity.
(c) Loss of connection with others.
(d) Loss of religious faith.
3. Why is the personal identity of a hurt partner affected by an affair?
(a) Their identity is defined by their partner and children.
(b) Their identity is invested in their intimate relationship.
(c) Their identity is regulated solely by their own beliefs.
(d) Their identity and self-worth are tied to their sexuality.
4. How do women usually react to the discovery of an affair?
(a) They turn to girlfriends and family for support.
(b) They try to forget about the realities of the affair.
(c) They ignore the explanations of their partner.
(d) They attempt to keep their relationship going.
5. The signs of an affair are often treated in which way by the hurt partner?
(a) They are confronted.
(b) They are explained away.
(c) They are ignored.
(d) They are accepted.
Short Answer Questions
1. When hurt partners engage in obsession behaviors, how is this related to the discovery of the affair?
2. How does the unfaithful partner feel about moving forward in marriage relationship?
3. When the affair is discovered, what is the typical reaction of the unfaithful partner?
4. How does chapter number 1 conclude?
5. What is the first step in post-affair healing?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)