|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 - The Unfaithful Partner's Response: Lost in a Labyrinth of Choices.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When friends and family withdraw from the unfaithful partner, who can provide a temporary substitute?
(a) The lover.
(b) Professional therapists.
(c) Religous leaders.
(d) Work colleagues.
2. What is the first step in post-affair healing?
(a) Discussing the secret nature of the affair.
(b) Managing emotions until feelings can normalize.
(c) Making an appointment to see a marriage counselor.
(d) Discovering the identity of the lover.
3. When an unfaithful partner returns to find their marriage damaged, they often feel which emotion?
4. Why does the author deliberately chose particular words and phrases to use in the book?
(a) To create a new language for the partners.
(b) To eliminate stereotypes about infidelity.
(c) To help the couple speak openly about their problems.
(d) To avoid emotionally charged labels.
5. Inadequacy in the relationship is felt by whom?
(a) Both male and female hurt partners.
(b) Neither of the hurt partners.
(c) Female hurt partners.
(d) Male hurt partners.
Short Answer Questions
1. When some hurt partners discover the affair, they feel an emotional toll equal or greater to which event?
2. Which term does the book use to describe the partner who is involved in the affair?
3. After a decision is made, what must the couple do next to rebuild their relationship?
4. What is the main purpose of the book?
5. How do women usually react to the discovery of an affair?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)