|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1 - The Hurt Partner's Response: Buried in an Avalanche of Losses.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author of the book can be described in which way?
(a) A man with a religious background.
(b) A woman with no formal training.
(c) A man with a medical degree.
(d) A woman with an advanced degree.
2. Why does the author deliberately chose particular words and phrases to use in the book?
(a) To create a new language for the partners.
(b) To help the couple speak openly about their problems.
(c) To avoid emotionally charged labels.
(d) To eliminate stereotypes about infidelity.
3. Why does an affair need to be understood?
(a) It may affect the children too deeply.
(b) The lover may not leave the relationship.
(c) It could be the end of the relationship.
(d) The hurt partner may never forget.
4. What is the first step in post-affair healing?
(a) Making an appointment to see a marriage counselor.
(b) Managing emotions until feelings can normalize.
(c) Discovering the identity of the lover.
(d) Discussing the secret nature of the affair.
5. How is the religious faith of hurt partners affected after an affair?
(a) They convert to a different religion.
(b) They blame God for their suffering.
(c) They find solace in church.
(d) They reject the sacredness of marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. When some hurt partners discover the affair, they feel an emotional toll equal or greater to which event?
2. Men distract themselves with external events when dealing with an unfaithful partner while women react in which way?
3. The overall length of the introduction can be described with which term?
4. After an affair is discovered, how is the personal identity of hurt partner affected?
5. Why is the personal identity of a hurt partner affected by an affair?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)