|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1 - The Hurt Partner's Response: Buried in an Avalanche of Losses.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do women usually react to the discovery of an affair?
(a) They attempt to keep their relationship going.
(b) They turn to girlfriends and family for support.
(c) They try to forget about the realities of the affair.
(d) They ignore the explanations of their partner.
2. After an affair is discovered, how is the personal identity of hurt partner affected?
(a) It is stabilized.
(b) It is lost.
(c) It is recreated.
(d) It is improved.
3. While hurt female partners typically become depressed, how do male hurt partners typically react?
(a) They become angry.
(b) They become sad.
(c) They become lonely.
(d) They become fearful.
4. How does chapter number 1 conclude?
(a) Comparison of hurt and unfaithful partner rationalizations.
(b) Discussion of gender-typical reactions of hurt partners.
(c) Listing of behaviors to expect from hurt partners in the future.
(d) Explanation of psychological impacts on the hurt partner.
5. The person involved in the relationship, but who is not one of the married partners, is termed which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. Men distract themselves with external events when dealing with an unfaithful partner while women react in which way?
2. Although many hurt partners feel that 'good things happen to good people,' how does the discovery of the affair affect this sentiment?
3. What is the main purpose of the book?
4. A loss of sense of purpose can lead to which outcome for the hurt partner?
5. What is the second phase of post-affair healing?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)