|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1 - The Hurt Partner's Response: Buried in an Avalanche of Losses.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why would the hurt partner feel as if they are disposable?
(a) They regret the time lost with their partner.
(b) They cannot accurately express their emotions.
(c) They lose the sense of being special.
(d) They compare themselves to the lover.
2. The author of the book can be described in which way?
(a) A woman with an advanced degree.
(b) A man with a medical degree.
(c) A man with a religious background.
(d) A woman with no formal training.
3. How many stages is post-affair healing divided into?
4. Men distract themselves with external events when dealing with an unfaithful partner while women react in which way?
(a) Obsess over the relationship.
(b) Disengage from the marriage.
(c) Plan a retreat to discuss the affair.
(d) Confront the lover.
5. What is the second phase of post-affair healing?
(a) Telling the children about the affair.
(b) Moving the unfaithful partner out of the house.
(c) Working to recommit on an intimate level.
(d) Deciding whether to separate or stay together.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the author deliberately chose particular words and phrases to use in the book?
2. What is the first step in post-affair healing?
3. How is the religious faith of hurt partners affected after an affair?
4. Why does an affair need to be understood?
5. Negative and destructive thoughts are linked to which psychological effect suffered by the hurt partner?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)