|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1 - The Hurt Partner's Response: Buried in an Avalanche of Losses.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When hurt partners engage in obsession behaviors, how is this related to the discovery of the affair?
(a) The behaviors are attempts to get the attention of the unfaithful partner.
(b) The behaviors are attempts to get even with the lover.
(c) The behaviors are attempts to remember life before the relationship.
(d) The behaviors are attempts to dull pain and reduce anxiety.
2. How do women usually react to the discovery of an affair?
(a) They try to forget about the realities of the affair.
(b) They attempt to keep their relationship going.
(c) They ignore the explanations of their partner.
(d) They turn to girlfriends and family for support.
3. Who is the book's primary audience?
(a) A couple who want to rebuild their relationship after an affair.
(b) A lover who wants to beging a new relationship outside the affair.
(c) An unfaithful partner who is unsure about the status of their marriage.
(d) A hurt partner who wants to get even with the unfaithful partner.
4. The signs of an affair are often treated in which way by the hurt partner?
(a) They are ignored.
(b) They are explained away.
(c) They are accepted.
(d) They are confronted.
5. How many stages is post-affair healing divided into?
Short Answer Questions
1. A person contemplating an extramarital affair will most likely view this book in which way?
2. Although many hurt partners feel that 'good things happen to good people,' how does the discovery of the affair affect this sentiment?
3. Why does an affair need to be understood?
4. The introduction addresses which of these questions?
5. Why is the personal identity of a hurt partner affected by an affair?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)