|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1 - The Hurt Partner's Response: Buried in an Avalanche of Losses.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many psychological effects on the hurt partner, which occur after the discovery of an affair, does the book address?
2. Negative and destructive thoughts are linked to which psychological effect suffered by the hurt partner?
(a) Loss of connection with others.
(b) Loss of personal identity.
(c) Loss of religious faith.
(d) Loss of control over mind and body.
3. A person contemplating an extramarital affair will most likely view this book in which way?
(a) Judgmental and tedious.
(b) Helpful and enlightening.
(c) Insulting and wrong.
(d) Long and not applicable.
4. A loss of sense of purpose can lead to which outcome for the hurt partner?
(a) Wanting a divorce.
(b) Taking the children.
(c) Withdrawing sexually.
(d) Suicidal thoughts.
5. The signs of an affair are often treated in which way by the hurt partner?
(a) They are accepted.
(b) They are ignored.
(c) They are confronted.
(d) They are explained away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which term does the book use to describe the partner who is involved in the affair?
2. Inadequacy in the relationship is felt by whom?
3. When hurt partners engage in obsession behaviors, how is this related to the discovery of the affair?
4. What is the main purpose of the book?
5. Although many hurt partners feel that 'good things happen to good people,' how does the discovery of the affair affect this sentiment?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)