|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1 - The Hurt Partner's Response: Buried in an Avalanche of Losses.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While hurt female partners typically become depressed, how do male hurt partners typically react?
(a) They become sad.
(b) They become fearful.
(c) They become angry.
(d) They become lonely.
2. What is the second phase of post-affair healing?
(a) Moving the unfaithful partner out of the house.
(b) Deciding whether to separate or stay together.
(c) Telling the children about the affair.
(d) Working to recommit on an intimate level.
3. The signs of an affair are often treated in which way by the hurt partner?
(a) They are confronted.
(b) They are explained away.
(c) They are accepted.
(d) They are ignored.
4. When hurt partners engage in obsession behaviors, how is this related to the discovery of the affair?
(a) The behaviors are attempts to remember life before the relationship.
(b) The behaviors are attempts to get the attention of the unfaithful partner.
(c) The behaviors are attempts to get even with the lover.
(d) The behaviors are attempts to dull pain and reduce anxiety.
5. The bulk of the book is dedicated to which topic?
(a) Understanding childhood experiences.
(b) Forgiving the unfaithful partner.
(c) Accepting the lover as an equal.
(d) Healing after an affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the personal identity of a hurt partner affected by an affair?
2. The introduction addresses which of these questions?
3. Why does the author deliberately chose particular words and phrases to use in the book?
4. What is one of the main purposes of the introduction?
5. The overall length of the introduction can be described with which term?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)