|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1 - The Hurt Partner's Response: Buried in an Avalanche of Losses.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Inadequacy in the relationship is felt by whom?
(a) Neither of the hurt partners.
(b) Female hurt partners.
(c) Male hurt partners.
(d) Both male and female hurt partners.
2. Which term does the book use to describe the partner who is involved in the affair?
3. The bulk of the book is dedicated to which topic?
(a) Accepting the lover as an equal.
(b) Understanding childhood experiences.
(c) Forgiving the unfaithful partner.
(d) Healing after an affair.
4. How do women usually react to the discovery of an affair?
(a) They ignore the explanations of their partner.
(b) They attempt to keep their relationship going.
(c) They try to forget about the realities of the affair.
(d) They turn to girlfriends and family for support.
5. After an affair is discovered, how is the personal identity of hurt partner affected?
(a) It is stabilized.
(b) It is improved.
(c) It is lost.
(d) It is recreated.
Short Answer Questions
1. When hurt partners engage in obsession behaviors, how is this related to the discovery of the affair?
2. If a hurt partner attempts to win back the unfaithful partner, what is the psychological effect on the hurt partner?
3. An affair, as described by the book, may not always include which behavior?
4. The person involved in the relationship, but who is not one of the married partners, is termed which of the following?
5. How is the religious faith of hurt partners affected after an affair?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)