|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1 - The Hurt Partner's Response: Buried in an Avalanche of Losses.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many psychological effects on the hurt partner, which occur after the discovery of an affair, does the book address?
2. Why is the personal identity of a hurt partner affected by an affair?
(a) Their identity is invested in their intimate relationship.
(b) Their identity and self-worth are tied to their sexuality.
(c) Their identity is regulated solely by their own beliefs.
(d) Their identity is defined by their partner and children.
3. How do women usually react to the discovery of an affair?
(a) They turn to girlfriends and family for support.
(b) They try to forget about the realities of the affair.
(c) They attempt to keep their relationship going.
(d) They ignore the explanations of their partner.
4. Men distract themselves with external events when dealing with an unfaithful partner while women react in which way?
(a) Confront the lover.
(b) Disengage from the marriage.
(c) Obsess over the relationship.
(d) Plan a retreat to discuss the affair.
5. Why does an affair need to be understood?
(a) It could be the end of the relationship.
(b) The lover may not leave the relationship.
(c) It may affect the children too deeply.
(d) The hurt partner may never forget.
Short Answer Questions
1. If a hurt partner attempts to win back the unfaithful partner, what is the psychological effect on the hurt partner?
2. When some hurt partners discover the affair, they feel an emotional toll equal or greater to which event?
3. Who is the book's primary audience?
4. An affair, as described by the book, may not always include which behavior?
5. A person contemplating an extramarital affair will most likely view this book in which way?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)