|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1 - The Hurt Partner's Response: Buried in an Avalanche of Losses.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A loss of sense of purpose can lead to which outcome for the hurt partner?
(a) Suicidal thoughts.
(b) Withdrawing sexually.
(c) Taking the children.
(d) Wanting a divorce.
2. How does chapter number 1 conclude?
(a) Explanation of psychological impacts on the hurt partner.
(b) Comparison of hurt and unfaithful partner rationalizations.
(c) Discussion of gender-typical reactions of hurt partners.
(d) Listing of behaviors to expect from hurt partners in the future.
3. How do women usually react to the discovery of an affair?
(a) They turn to girlfriends and family for support.
(b) They try to forget about the realities of the affair.
(c) They attempt to keep their relationship going.
(d) They ignore the explanations of their partner.
4. The person involved in the relationship, but who is not one of the married partners, is termed which of the following?
5. When hurt partners engage in obsession behaviors, how is this related to the discovery of the affair?
(a) The behaviors are attempts to dull pain and reduce anxiety.
(b) The behaviors are attempts to get even with the lover.
(c) The behaviors are attempts to remember life before the relationship.
(d) The behaviors are attempts to get the attention of the unfaithful partner.
Short Answer Questions
1. A person contemplating an extramarital affair will most likely view this book in which way?
2. Although many hurt partners feel that 'good things happen to good people,' how does the discovery of the affair affect this sentiment?
3. What is the second phase of post-affair healing?
4. The overall length of the introduction can be described with which term?
5. Inadequacy in the relationship is felt by whom?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)