|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1 - The Hurt Partner's Response: Buried in an Avalanche of Losses.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many stages is post-affair healing divided into?
2. Why is the personal identity of a hurt partner affected by an affair?
(a) Their identity is invested in their intimate relationship.
(b) Their identity and self-worth are tied to their sexuality.
(c) Their identity is regulated solely by their own beliefs.
(d) Their identity is defined by their partner and children.
3. The signs of an affair are often treated in which way by the hurt partner?
(a) They are accepted.
(b) They are ignored.
(c) They are explained away.
(d) They are confronted.
4. The author of the book can be described in which way?
(a) A woman with an advanced degree.
(b) A man with a medical degree.
(c) A woman with no formal training.
(d) A man with a religious background.
5. Inadequacy in the relationship is felt by whom?
(a) Female hurt partners.
(b) Both male and female hurt partners.
(c) Male hurt partners.
(d) Neither of the hurt partners.
Short Answer Questions
1. While hurt female partners typically become depressed, how do male hurt partners typically react?
2. Connecting with friends and family in the wake of an affair is perceived how by the hurt partner?
3. Why does an affair need to be understood?
4. Who is the book's secondary audience?
5. After an affair is discovered, how is the personal identity of hurt partner affected?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)