|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1 - The Hurt Partner's Response: Buried in an Avalanche of Losses.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the author deliberately chose particular words and phrases to use in the book?
(a) To create a new language for the partners.
(b) To eliminate stereotypes about infidelity.
(c) To help the couple speak openly about their problems.
(d) To avoid emotionally charged labels.
2. Negative and destructive thoughts are linked to which psychological effect suffered by the hurt partner?
(a) Loss of personal identity.
(b) Loss of religious faith.
(c) Loss of connection with others.
(d) Loss of control over mind and body.
3. What is the first step in post-affair healing?
(a) Managing emotions until feelings can normalize.
(b) Discussing the secret nature of the affair.
(c) Making an appointment to see a marriage counselor.
(d) Discovering the identity of the lover.
4. Which term does the book use to describe the partner who is involved in the affair?
5. Inadequacy in the relationship is felt by whom?
(a) Male hurt partners.
(b) Neither of the hurt partners.
(c) Both male and female hurt partners.
(d) Female hurt partners.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the personal identity of a hurt partner affected by an affair?
2. When some hurt partners discover the affair, they feel an emotional toll equal or greater to which event?
3. The overall length of the introduction can be described with which term?
4. What is the main purpose of the book?
5. After an affair is discovered, how is the personal identity of hurt partner affected?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)