|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1 - The Hurt Partner's Response: Buried in an Avalanche of Losses.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the main purposes of the introduction?
(a) To advise the reader in their relationship.
(b) To explain how affairs begin.
(c) To create interest in the text.
(d) To establish themes of the book.
2. When hurt partners engage in obsession behaviors, how is this related to the discovery of the affair?
(a) The behaviors are attempts to remember life before the relationship.
(b) The behaviors are attempts to get even with the lover.
(c) The behaviors are attempts to dull pain and reduce anxiety.
(d) The behaviors are attempts to get the attention of the unfaithful partner.
3. The author of the book can be described in which way?
(a) A man with a medical degree.
(b) A man with a religious background.
(c) A woman with no formal training.
(d) A woman with an advanced degree.
4. The introduction addresses which of these questions?
(a) Who is the book written for?
(b) How long did it take to write the book?
(c) When was the book written?
(d) When was the book written?
5. How does chapter number 1 conclude?
(a) Comparison of hurt and unfaithful partner rationalizations.
(b) Discussion of gender-typical reactions of hurt partners.
(c) Explanation of psychological impacts on the hurt partner.
(d) Listing of behaviors to expect from hurt partners in the future.
Short Answer Questions
1. Men distract themselves with external events when dealing with an unfaithful partner while women react in which way?
2. A person contemplating an extramarital affair will most likely view this book in which way?
3. What is the first step in post-affair healing?
4. How is the religious faith of hurt partners affected after an affair?
5. Inadequacy in the relationship is felt by whom?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)