|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1 - The Hurt Partner's Response: Buried in an Avalanche of Losses.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many psychological effects on the hurt partner, which occur after the discovery of an affair, does the book address?
2. If a hurt partner attempts to win back the unfaithful partner, what is the psychological effect on the hurt partner?
(a) They lose their sense of self-respect.
(b) They are devastated by the affair.
(c) They are angry at the lover.
(d) They lose their will to try in the relationship.
3. Who is the book's secondary audience?
(a) A therapist advising a patient on sexual expectations in a marriage.
(b) A child wanting to understand their parent's affair.
(c) A pastor counseling a couple prior to their wedding.
(d) A lover wanting to push their partner towards a marriage proposal.
4. Although many hurt partners feel that 'good things happen to good people,' how does the discovery of the affair affect this sentiment?
(a) They hold tightly to the idea that good things will come their way.
(b) They believe they did something wrong to bring on the affair.
(c) They must abandon their common, fundamental beliefs.
(d) They become aware their partner is not a good person.
5. The signs of an affair are often treated in which way by the hurt partner?
(a) They are confronted.
(b) They are accepted.
(c) They are explained away.
(d) They are ignored.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the book's primary audience?
2. The bulk of the book is dedicated to which topic?
3. Why does the author deliberately chose particular words and phrases to use in the book?
4. Which term does the book use to describe the partner who is involved in the affair?
5. Connecting with friends and family in the wake of an affair is perceived how by the hurt partner?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)