|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1 - The Hurt Partner's Response: Buried in an Avalanche of Losses.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The person involved in the relationship, but who is not one of the married partners, is termed which of the following?
2. Negative and destructive thoughts are linked to which psychological effect suffered by the hurt partner?
(a) Loss of religious faith.
(b) Loss of control over mind and body.
(c) Loss of connection with others.
(d) Loss of personal identity.
3. Connecting with friends and family in the wake of an affair is perceived how by the hurt partner?
(a) Easy and necessary.
(b) Difficult and painful.
(c) Instant and deep.
(d) Tenuous and slow.
4. How does chapter number 1 conclude?
(a) Listing of behaviors to expect from hurt partners in the future.
(b) Explanation of psychological impacts on the hurt partner.
(c) Comparison of hurt and unfaithful partner rationalizations.
(d) Discussion of gender-typical reactions of hurt partners.
5. What is the first step in post-affair healing?
(a) Making an appointment to see a marriage counselor.
(b) Managing emotions until feelings can normalize.
(c) Discovering the identity of the lover.
(d) Discussing the secret nature of the affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the personal identity of a hurt partner affected by an affair?
2. After an affair is discovered, how is the personal identity of hurt partner affected?
3. After a decision is made, what must the couple do next to rebuild their relationship?
4. What is the second phase of post-affair healing?
5. Which term does the book use to describe the partner who is involved in the affair?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)