|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1 - The Hurt Partner's Response: Buried in an Avalanche of Losses.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the religious faith of hurt partners affected after an affair?
(a) They find solace in church.
(b) They reject the sacredness of marriage.
(c) They blame God for their suffering.
(d) They convert to a different religion.
2. When hurt partners engage in obsession behaviors, how is this related to the discovery of the affair?
(a) The behaviors are attempts to dull pain and reduce anxiety.
(b) The behaviors are attempts to get the attention of the unfaithful partner.
(c) The behaviors are attempts to remember life before the relationship.
(d) The behaviors are attempts to get even with the lover.
3. Although many hurt partners feel that 'good things happen to good people,' how does the discovery of the affair affect this sentiment?
(a) They believe they did something wrong to bring on the affair.
(b) They become aware their partner is not a good person.
(c) They must abandon their common, fundamental beliefs.
(d) They hold tightly to the idea that good things will come their way.
4. Negative and destructive thoughts are linked to which psychological effect suffered by the hurt partner?
(a) Loss of personal identity.
(b) Loss of connection with others.
(c) Loss of control over mind and body.
(d) Loss of religious faith.
5. How many psychological effects on the hurt partner, which occur after the discovery of an affair, does the book address?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do women usually react to the discovery of an affair?
2. How does chapter number 1 conclude?
3. Why is the personal identity of a hurt partner affected by an affair?
4. Why does an affair need to be understood?
5. Men distract themselves with external events when dealing with an unfaithful partner while women react in which way?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)