|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1 - The Hurt Partner's Response: Buried in an Avalanche of Losses.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Negative and destructive thoughts are linked to which psychological effect suffered by the hurt partner?
(a) Loss of control over mind and body.
(b) Loss of personal identity.
(c) Loss of connection with others.
(d) Loss of religious faith.
2. The bulk of the book is dedicated to which topic?
(a) Forgiving the unfaithful partner.
(b) Accepting the lover as an equal.
(c) Healing after an affair.
(d) Understanding childhood experiences.
3. While hurt female partners typically become depressed, how do male hurt partners typically react?
(a) They become sad.
(b) They become lonely.
(c) They become fearful.
(d) They become angry.
4. How many stages is post-affair healing divided into?
5. Why does an affair need to be understood?
(a) It may affect the children too deeply.
(b) The lover may not leave the relationship.
(c) It could be the end of the relationship.
(d) The hurt partner may never forget.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do women usually react to the discovery of an affair?
2. What is the main purpose of the book?
3. The introduction addresses which of these questions?
4. Who is the book's secondary audience?
5. How does chapter number 1 conclude?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)