|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1 - The Hurt Partner's Response: Buried in an Avalanche of Losses.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first step in post-affair healing?
(a) Managing emotions until feelings can normalize.
(b) Discovering the identity of the lover.
(c) Making an appointment to see a marriage counselor.
(d) Discussing the secret nature of the affair.
2. Who is the book's secondary audience?
(a) A lover wanting to push their partner towards a marriage proposal.
(b) A child wanting to understand their parent's affair.
(c) A therapist advising a patient on sexual expectations in a marriage.
(d) A pastor counseling a couple prior to their wedding.
3. The author of the book can be described in which way?
(a) A man with a medical degree.
(b) A woman with no formal training.
(c) A woman with an advanced degree.
(d) A man with a religious background.
4. The bulk of the book is dedicated to which topic?
(a) Accepting the lover as an equal.
(b) Healing after an affair.
(c) Forgiving the unfaithful partner.
(d) Understanding childhood experiences.
5. Why does an affair need to be understood?
(a) It could be the end of the relationship.
(b) The hurt partner may never forget.
(c) The lover may not leave the relationship.
(d) It may affect the children too deeply.
Short Answer Questions
1. When hurt partners engage in obsession behaviors, how is this related to the discovery of the affair?
2. Inadequacy in the relationship is felt by whom?
3. Which term does the book use to describe the partner who is involved in the affair?
4. What is the second phase of post-affair healing?
5. After an affair is discovered, how is the personal identity of hurt partner affected?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)