|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1 - The Hurt Partner's Response: Buried in an Avalanche of Losses.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although many hurt partners feel that 'good things happen to good people,' how does the discovery of the affair affect this sentiment?
(a) They must abandon their common, fundamental beliefs.
(b) They hold tightly to the idea that good things will come their way.
(c) They become aware their partner is not a good person.
(d) They believe they did something wrong to bring on the affair.
2. What is the first step in post-affair healing?
(a) Discussing the secret nature of the affair.
(b) Making an appointment to see a marriage counselor.
(c) Managing emotions until feelings can normalize.
(d) Discovering the identity of the lover.
3. A person contemplating an extramarital affair will most likely view this book in which way?
(a) Helpful and enlightening.
(b) Long and not applicable.
(c) Judgmental and tedious.
(d) Insulting and wrong.
4. A loss of sense of purpose can lead to which outcome for the hurt partner?
(a) Wanting a divorce.
(b) Taking the children.
(c) Suicidal thoughts.
(d) Withdrawing sexually.
5. The author of the book can be described in which way?
(a) A woman with an advanced degree.
(b) A man with a religious background.
(c) A woman with no formal training.
(d) A man with a medical degree.
Short Answer Questions
1. Inadequacy in the relationship is felt by whom?
2. Who is the book's secondary audience?
3. Men distract themselves with external events when dealing with an unfaithful partner while women react in which way?
4. How is the religious faith of hurt partners affected after an affair?
5. The signs of an affair are often treated in which way by the hurt partner?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)