|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1 - The Hurt Partner's Response: Buried in an Avalanche of Losses.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do women usually react to the discovery of an affair?
(a) They turn to girlfriends and family for support.
(b) They ignore the explanations of their partner.
(c) They attempt to keep their relationship going.
(d) They try to forget about the realities of the affair.
2. After a decision is made, what must the couple do next to rebuild their relationship?
(a) Rebuilding the relationship.
(b) Removing the lover from the picture.
(c) Holding a recommitment ceremony.
(d) Rekindling romantic feelings.
3. The introduction addresses which of these questions?
(a) Who is the book written for?
(b) How long did it take to write the book?
(c) When was the book written?
(d) When was the book written?
4. If a hurt partner attempts to win back the unfaithful partner, what is the psychological effect on the hurt partner?
(a) They lose their sense of self-respect.
(b) They are devastated by the affair.
(c) They lose their will to try in the relationship.
(d) They are angry at the lover.
5. Why does the author deliberately chose particular words and phrases to use in the book?
(a) To eliminate stereotypes about infidelity.
(b) To create a new language for the partners.
(c) To help the couple speak openly about their problems.
(d) To avoid emotionally charged labels.
Short Answer Questions
1. Connecting with friends and family in the wake of an affair is perceived how by the hurt partner?
2. Why would the hurt partner feel as if they are disposable?
3. Which term does the book use to describe the partner who is involved in the affair?
4. Negative and destructive thoughts are linked to which psychological effect suffered by the hurt partner?
5. How many stages is post-affair healing divided into?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)