|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 - Learning to Forgive.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do children need to value in their lives?
(a) Their friends.
(b) Their parents.
(d) Their siblings.
2. According to Chapter 3, how should irrational or erroneous thoughts should be treated?
3. Intimate listening can be described as which skill?
(a) Hearing what your partner is trying to tell you.
(b) Accepting what your partner is explaining.
(c) Agreeing with what your partner is saying.
(d) Understanding what your partner is experiencing.
4. How is the religious faith of hurt partners affected after an affair?
(a) They find solace in church.
(b) They blame God for their suffering.
(c) They convert to a different religion.
(d) They reject the sacredness of marriage.
5. According to scientific studies and contrary to conventional beliefs, how is forgiveness viewed for the individual?
(a) Not always good for them.
(b) Important for mental stability.
(c) Necessary for emotional healing.
(d) Difficult to achieve.
Short Answer Questions
1. When an unfaithful partner returns to find their marriage damaged, they often feel which emotion?
2. Inadequacy in the relationship is felt by whom?
3. Which is an example of a behavior that may take a considerable toll on a partner?
4. If a childhood experience is missing from a person's life, the person will compensate with patterned, negative behavior referred to with which term?
5. Which term does the book use to describe the partner who is involved in the affair?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)