|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 - Learning to Forgive.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When working through an affair, the majority of the typical concerns are experienced by whom?
(a) Both partners.
(b) The unfaithful partner.
(c) The hurt partner.
(d) The lover.
2. What is the first step in post-affair healing?
(a) Discussing the secret nature of the affair.
(b) Discovering the identity of the lover.
(c) Managing emotions until feelings can normalize.
(d) Making an appointment to see a marriage counselor.
3. When hurt partners engage in obsession behaviors, how is this related to the discovery of the affair?
(a) The behaviors are attempts to get even with the lover.
(b) The behaviors are attempts to get the attention of the unfaithful partner.
(c) The behaviors are attempts to dull pain and reduce anxiety.
(d) The behaviors are attempts to remember life before the relationship.
4. What will happen to conflict after forgiveness?
(a) It could increase.
(b) It will not be eliminated.
(c) It may be avoided.
(d) It should dissipate.
5. If the hurt partner chooses to remain with the unfaithful partner even though the relationship is dysfunctional, which term described this type of love?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is masturbation viewed by the text?
2. How does the book describe the process of changing behavior?
3. Who is the book's primary audience?
4. Men distract themselves with external events when dealing with an unfaithful partner while women react in which way?
5. One partner may assume that the relationship is in which state?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)