|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 - Learning to Forgive.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Warning signs that the unfaithful partner is likely to pursue future affairs include which behavior?
(a) An inability to emphathize with the hurt partner.
(b) A tendency to distance themselves from the children.
(c) A pattern of staying late after work.
(d) A lack of communication about their whereabouts.
2. When an unfaithful partner returns to find their marriage damaged, they often feel which emotion?
3. How does the book view sex tools?
(a) Dangerous if used only with the lover.
(b) Healthy if acceptable to both partners.
(c) Integral to maintaining the excitement in intimacy.
(d) Unnecessary if the marriage is working.
4. After an affair, the marital relationship faces which two options?
(a) Dissolution or recommitment.
(b) Renogotiation or openness.
(c) Termination or ignorance.
(d) Discussion or counseling.
5. The most fundamental situation faced by the partners in a marriage post-affair is which of the following?
(a) How to forgive and forget.
(b) How to trust again.
(c) How to recommit to the marriage.
(d) How to regain sexual intimacy.
Short Answer Questions
1. A loss of sense of purpose can lead to which outcome for the hurt partner?
2. After considering the economic impacts of divorce, a couple may come to understand which reality about their relationship?
3. After an affair is discovered, how is the personal identity of hurt partner affected?
4. When working through an affair, the majority of the typical concerns are experienced by whom?
5. Developing realistic expectations of sex involves examining assumptions regarding which emotion?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)