|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 - Learning to Forgive.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Men distract themselves with external events when dealing with an unfaithful partner while women react in which way?
(a) Confront the lover.
(b) Disengage from the marriage.
(c) Obsess over the relationship.
(d) Plan a retreat to discuss the affair.
2. How should partners treat their unrealistic expectations of love and marriage?
(a) Examine their origins.
(b) Critique each others' beliefs.
(c) Undergo couples counseling.
(d) Decide mutually to forget them.
3. If forgiveness is offered too quickly, how can it affect the individual?
(a) It can damage their self-esteem.
(b) It can affect their personal identity.
(c) It can deepen the pain of the affair.
(d) It can trigger childhood memories.
4. After an affair is discovered, how is the personal identity of hurt partner affected?
(a) It is recreated.
(b) It is stabilized.
(c) It is lost.
(d) It is improved.
5. The author of the book can be described in which way?
(a) A woman with no formal training.
(b) A woman with an advanced degree.
(c) A man with a religious background.
(d) A man with a medical degree.
Short Answer Questions
1. If a hurt partner attempts to win back the unfaithful partner, what is the psychological effect on the hurt partner?
2. Destructive behaviors can be forgiven without which of the following?
3. A loss of sense of purpose can lead to which outcome for the hurt partner?
4. Which topic is often-overlooked in discussing extramarital affairs?
5. If the disenchantment felt in an aging relationship is mismanaged, it can lead to which result?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)