|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 - Learning to Forgive.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the text refer to childhood experiences?
(a) Important relationship history.
(b) Key stages of life.
(c) Critical growth experiences.
(d) Formative development years.
2. The author uses the term 'flip-flop' to describe which factor?
(a) Understanding why hurt partners decide to cheat.
(b) Explaining the repeated return of the lover.
(c) Redefining negative traits as positive.
(d) Viewing the damage as irreversible.
3. If an affair is not completely understood, the unfaithful partner may react in which way?
(a) They may leave the hurt partner.
(b) They may disengage from the marriage.
(c) They may not abandon their lover.
(d) They may have another affair.
4. Analyzing childhood experiences can lead to which result in a marriage?
(a) A comparison to the happiness of their parents.
(b) A deep-rooted fear of losing a child.
(c) A better understanding of relationship problems.
(d) A partner having an affair.
5. Both partners should listen in which way?
(a) Without judgment.
(b) With love.
(c) With concentration.
(d) Without reacting.
Short Answer Questions
1. If the expectations of love and marriage are not modified, they can lead to which type of relationship?
2. Adults who lack self-discipline often did not have which childhood experience?
3. The signs of an affair are often treated in which way by the hurt partner?
4. While attempting to empathize with their female partners, men often feel which emotion?
5. When hurt partners engage in obsession behaviors, how is this related to the discovery of the affair?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)