|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 - Exploring Your Ideas About Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the unfaithful partner feel about moving forward in marriage relationship?
(a) They withdraw.
(b) They are unsure.
(c) They are ready.
(d) They need time.
2. When friends and family withdraw from the unfaithful partner, who can provide a temporary substitute?
(a) The lover.
(b) Professional therapists.
(c) Work colleagues.
(d) Religous leaders.
3. What is the first step in post-affair healing?
(a) Managing emotions until feelings can normalize.
(b) Discovering the identity of the lover.
(c) Discussing the secret nature of the affair.
(d) Making an appointment to see a marriage counselor.
4. Why does an affair need to be understood?
(a) The hurt partner may never forget.
(b) The lover may not leave the relationship.
(c) It may affect the children too deeply.
(d) It could be the end of the relationship.
5. How many stages is post-affair healing divided into?
Short Answer Questions
1. While hurt female partners typically become depressed, how do male hurt partners typically react?
2. Which term does the book use to describe the partner who is involved in the affair?
3. When hurt partners engage in obsession behaviors, how is this related to the discovery of the affair?
4. A loss of sense of purpose can lead to which outcome for the hurt partner?
5. Why would the hurt partner feel as if they are disposable?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)