|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 - Exploring Your Ideas About Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the affair is discovered, how does the unfaithful partner typically react to the repeated lying in which they had been engaging?
(a) They invent new ways to lie.
(b) They grow tired of lying.
(c) They teach their children how to lie.
(d) They enjoy the thrill of lying.
2. When some hurt partners discover the affair, they feel an emotional toll equal or greater to which event?
(a) Losing a child.
(b) Being raped.
(c) Being fired from a job.
(d) Getting into a car accident.
3. The person involved in the relationship, but who is not one of the married partners, is termed which of the following?
4. As relationships grow, they move into a stage of which type of love?
5. What is the first step in post-affair healing?
(a) Managing emotions until feelings can normalize.
(b) Making an appointment to see a marriage counselor.
(c) Discussing the secret nature of the affair.
(d) Discovering the identity of the lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does an affair need to be understood?
2. The intense attachment a hurt partner may feel towards the unfaithful partner could override which of the following?
3. The author of the book can be described in which way?
4. Why does the author deliberately chose particular words and phrases to use in the book?
5. If the unfaithful partner feels committed to the lover, how could this affect their feelings about the affair?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)