|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 - Exploring Your Ideas About Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After an affair, the marital relationship faces which two options?
(a) Discussion or counseling.
(b) Dissolution or recommitment.
(c) Renogotiation or openness.
(d) Termination or ignorance.
2. When some hurt partners discover the affair, they feel an emotional toll equal or greater to which event?
(a) Being raped.
(b) Being fired from a job.
(c) Losing a child.
(d) Getting into a car accident.
3. Men distract themselves with external events when dealing with an unfaithful partner while women react in which way?
(a) Disengage from the marriage.
(b) Confront the lover.
(c) Obsess over the relationship.
(d) Plan a retreat to discuss the affair.
4. When the relationship with the lover is ended by the unfaithful partner, which emotion typically follows?
5. What must occur with the deeper issues felt by the unfaithful partner?
(a) They must be addressed.
(b) They should be ignored.
(c) They need time to sort out.
(d) They can be resolved.
Short Answer Questions
1. If the disenchantment felt in an aging relationship is mismanaged, it can lead to which result?
2. All extramarital affairs are viewed in which way by the text?
3. After the affair is discovered, how does the unfaithful partner typically react to the repeated lying in which they had been engaging?
4. After an affair is discovered, how is the personal identity of hurt partner affected?
5. The negative reactions of friends and family can enhance which feeling for the unfaithful partner?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)