|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 - Exploring Your Ideas About Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A person contemplating an extramarital affair will most likely view this book in which way?
(a) Long and not applicable.
(b) Judgmental and tedious.
(c) Helpful and enlightening.
(d) Insulting and wrong.
2. Unrealistic expectations are often the result of which experiences?
(b) Previous relationships.
(c) Unfulfilled dreams.
3. The euphoria felt from the affair can be attributed to which reality?
(a) Acceptance for personal shortcomings.
(b) Secretive nature of the relationship.
(c) Chemical changes in the brain.
(d) Adrenaline rushes during sex.
4. When hurt partners engage in obsession behaviors, how is this related to the discovery of the affair?
(a) The behaviors are attempts to dull pain and reduce anxiety.
(b) The behaviors are attempts to remember life before the relationship.
(c) The behaviors are attempts to get even with the lover.
(d) The behaviors are attempts to get the attention of the unfaithful partner.
5. If the disenchantment felt in an aging relationship is mismanaged, it can lead to which result?
(a) Bitterness and resentment.
(b) An extramarital affair.
(c) Temporary separation.
(d) Jealousy and anger.
Short Answer Questions
1. A loss of sense of purpose can lead to which outcome for the hurt partner?
2. What is the main purpose of the book?
3. As relationships grow, they move into a stage of which type of love?
4. Why is the personal identity of a hurt partner affected by an affair?
5. After making a difficult decision between the hurt partner and the lover, the unfaithful partner may begin to doubt what about themselves?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)