|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 - Exploring Your Ideas About Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do women usually react to the discovery of an affair?
(a) They try to forget about the realities of the affair.
(b) They attempt to keep their relationship going.
(c) They turn to girlfriends and family for support.
(d) They ignore the explanations of their partner.
2. How do children typically respond to the unfaithful partner?
(a) With anger.
(b) With compassion.
(c) With fear.
(d) With acceptance.
3. The author of the book can be described in which way?
(a) A man with a medical degree.
(b) A woman with no formal training.
(c) A woman with an advanced degree.
(d) A man with a religious background.
4. After an affair, the marital relationship faces which two options?
(a) Dissolution or recommitment.
(b) Termination or ignorance.
(c) Discussion or counseling.
(d) Renogotiation or openness.
5. The feeling of romantic love can lead the unfaithful partner to take which action?
(a) Decide not to disclose the affair.
(b) Choose the lover over the hurt partner.
(c) Begin a new affair with another lover.
(d) Continue the affair after recommiting to the partner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Men distract themselves with external events when dealing with an unfaithful partner while women react in which way?
2. The intense attachment a hurt partner may feel towards the unfaithful partner could override which of the following?
3. If a hurt partner attempts to win back the unfaithful partner, what is the psychological effect on the hurt partner?
4. After an affair is discovered, how is the personal identity of hurt partner affected?
5. When an unfaithful partner returns to find their marriage damaged, they often feel which emotion?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)