|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 - Exploring Your Ideas About Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When hurt partners engage in obsession behaviors, how is this related to the discovery of the affair?
(a) The behaviors are attempts to dull pain and reduce anxiety.
(b) The behaviors are attempts to get the attention of the unfaithful partner.
(c) The behaviors are attempts to remember life before the relationship.
(d) The behaviors are attempts to get even with the lover.
2. How many reasons does the book address that could explain a lack of guilt on the part of the unfaithful partner?
3. After an affair is discovered, how is the personal identity of hurt partner affected?
(a) It is recreated.
(b) It is improved.
(c) It is lost.
(d) It is stabilized.
4. The book urges readers to take an inventory of which aspect of their lives?
(a) Promises made during wedding vows.
(b) Personal desires and beliefs.
(c) Conservations had about faithfulness.
(d) Dreams and goals for the future.
5. The person involved in the relationship, but who is not one of the married partners, is termed which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. After closer examination, the rationalizations used by the unfaithful partner to justify the affair often can be described in which way?
2. When the affair is discovered, what is the typical reaction of the unfaithful partner?
3. The euphoria felt from the affair can be attributed to which reality?
4. After making a difficult decision between the hurt partner and the lover, the unfaithful partner may begin to doubt what about themselves?
5. Why does an affair need to be understood?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)