|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 - Exploring Your Ideas About Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the author deliberately chose particular words and phrases to use in the book?
(a) To eliminate stereotypes about infidelity.
(b) To avoid emotionally charged labels.
(c) To help the couple speak openly about their problems.
(d) To create a new language for the partners.
2. The signs of an affair are often treated in which way by the hurt partner?
(a) They are confronted.
(b) They are accepted.
(c) They are ignored.
(d) They are explained away.
3. When some hurt partners discover the affair, they feel an emotional toll equal or greater to which event?
(a) Losing a child.
(b) Being raped.
(c) Being fired from a job.
(d) Getting into a car accident.
4. After a decision is made, what must the couple do next to rebuild their relationship?
(a) Holding a recommitment ceremony.
(b) Removing the lover from the picture.
(c) Rekindling romantic feelings.
(d) Rebuilding the relationship.
5. Who is the book's primary audience?
(a) A couple who want to rebuild their relationship after an affair.
(b) A lover who wants to beging a new relationship outside the affair.
(c) An unfaithful partner who is unsure about the status of their marriage.
(d) A hurt partner who wants to get even with the unfaithful partner.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many stages is post-affair healing divided into?
2. The basic premise of the book assumes the readers have made which decision about their relationship?
3. What is one of the main purposes of the introduction?
4. If the hurt partner chooses to remain with the unfaithful partner even though the relationship is dysfunctional, which term described this type of love?
5. If the expectations of love and marriage are not modified, they can lead to which type of relationship?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)