|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 - Exploring Your Ideas About Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do children typically respond to the unfaithful partner?
(a) With compassion.
(b) With fear.
(c) With anger.
(d) With acceptance.
2. A loss of sense of purpose can lead to which outcome for the hurt partner?
(a) Taking the children.
(b) Suicidal thoughts.
(c) Wanting a divorce.
(d) Withdrawing sexually.
3. Although many hurt partners feel that 'good things happen to good people,' how does the discovery of the affair affect this sentiment?
(a) They must abandon their common, fundamental beliefs.
(b) They become aware their partner is not a good person.
(c) They believe they did something wrong to bring on the affair.
(d) They hold tightly to the idea that good things will come their way.
4. What is the first step in post-affair healing?
(a) Making an appointment to see a marriage counselor.
(b) Managing emotions until feelings can normalize.
(c) Discovering the identity of the lover.
(d) Discussing the secret nature of the affair.
5. When the relationship with the lover is ended by the unfaithful partner, which emotion typically follows?
Short Answer Questions
1. The author of the book can be described in which way?
2. After making a difficult decision between the hurt partner and the lover, the unfaithful partner may begin to doubt what about themselves?
3. When an unfaithful partner returns to find their marriage damaged, they often feel which emotion?
4. How do women usually react to the discovery of an affair?
5. After an affair is discovered, how is the personal identity of hurt partner affected?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)