|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 - Exploring Your Ideas About Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If a hurt partner attempts to win back the unfaithful partner, what is the psychological effect on the hurt partner?
(a) They lose their will to try in the relationship.
(b) They are devastated by the affair.
(c) They lose their sense of self-respect.
(d) They are angry at the lover.
2. How is the religious faith of hurt partners affected after an affair?
(a) They reject the sacredness of marriage.
(b) They convert to a different religion.
(c) They find solace in church.
(d) They blame God for their suffering.
3. After an affair, the marital relationship faces which two options?
(a) Discussion or counseling.
(b) Termination or ignorance.
(c) Dissolution or recommitment.
(d) Renogotiation or openness.
4. Why would the hurt partner feel as if they are disposable?
(a) They regret the time lost with their partner.
(b) They lose the sense of being special.
(c) They cannot accurately express their emotions.
(d) They compare themselves to the lover.
5. How do women usually react to the discovery of an affair?
(a) They attempt to keep their relationship going.
(b) They ignore the explanations of their partner.
(c) They turn to girlfriends and family for support.
(d) They try to forget about the realities of the affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. A loss of sense of purpose can lead to which outcome for the hurt partner?
2. When some hurt partners discover the affair, they feel an emotional toll equal or greater to which event?
3. An affair, as described by the book, may not always include which behavior?
4. How does the unfaithful partner feel about moving forward in marriage relationship?
5. Connecting with friends and family in the wake of an affair is perceived how by the hurt partner?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)