|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 - Exploring Your Ideas About Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does chapter number 1 conclude?
(a) Listing of behaviors to expect from hurt partners in the future.
(b) Comparison of hurt and unfaithful partner rationalizations.
(c) Discussion of gender-typical reactions of hurt partners.
(d) Explanation of psychological impacts on the hurt partner.
2. As relationships grow, they move into a stage of which type of love?
3. How is the religious faith of hurt partners affected after an affair?
(a) They find solace in church.
(b) They reject the sacredness of marriage.
(c) They convert to a different religion.
(d) They blame God for their suffering.
4. The feeling of romantic love can lead the unfaithful partner to take which action?
(a) Continue the affair after recommiting to the partner.
(b) Begin a new affair with another lover.
(c) Choose the lover over the hurt partner.
(d) Decide not to disclose the affair.
5. Although many hurt partners feel that 'good things happen to good people,' how does the discovery of the affair affect this sentiment?
(a) They must abandon their common, fundamental beliefs.
(b) They believe they did something wrong to bring on the affair.
(c) They hold tightly to the idea that good things will come their way.
(d) They become aware their partner is not a good person.
Short Answer Questions
1. The unfaithful partner often wants to reconnect in their marriage in order to stop feeling which emotion?
2. If the unfaithful partner feels committed to the lover, how could this affect their feelings about the affair?
3. Who is the book's primary audience?
4. Most relationships begin with which emotion?
5. The unfaithful partner may experience physical changes from romantic love that can be expected to last how long?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)