|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 - Exploring Your Ideas About Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the author deliberately chose particular words and phrases to use in the book?
(a) To avoid emotionally charged labels.
(b) To create a new language for the partners.
(c) To help the couple speak openly about their problems.
(d) To eliminate stereotypes about infidelity.
2. The overall length of the introduction can be described with which term?
(c) Varies by edition.
3. How many psychological effects on the hurt partner, which occur after the discovery of an affair, does the book address?
4. Connecting with friends and family in the wake of an affair is perceived how by the hurt partner?
(a) Instant and deep.
(b) Easy and necessary.
(c) Difficult and painful.
(d) Tenuous and slow.
5. When some hurt partners discover the affair, they feel an emotional toll equal or greater to which event?
(a) Being fired from a job.
(b) Getting into a car accident.
(c) Losing a child.
(d) Being raped.
Short Answer Questions
1. An affair, as described by the book, may not always include which behavior?
2. The signs of an affair are often treated in which way by the hurt partner?
3. All extramarital affairs are viewed in which way by the text?
4. How do children typically respond to the unfaithful partner?
5. When friends and family withdraw from the unfaithful partner, who can provide a temporary substitute?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)