|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 - Exploring Your Ideas About Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the affair is discovered, what is the typical reaction of the unfaithful partner?
(a) Fear and loathing.
(b) Emotional relief.
(d) Anger and jealousy.
2. How many psychological reactions, which can be experienced by the unfaithful partner after the discovery of the affair, does the book address?
3. What is the first step in post-affair healing?
(a) Discovering the identity of the lover.
(b) Making an appointment to see a marriage counselor.
(c) Managing emotions until feelings can normalize.
(d) Discussing the secret nature of the affair.
4. How do children typically respond to the unfaithful partner?
(a) With anger.
(b) With fear.
(c) With compassion.
(d) With acceptance.
5. When hurt partners engage in obsession behaviors, how is this related to the discovery of the affair?
(a) The behaviors are attempts to get the attention of the unfaithful partner.
(b) The behaviors are attempts to get even with the lover.
(c) The behaviors are attempts to dull pain and reduce anxiety.
(d) The behaviors are attempts to remember life before the relationship.
Short Answer Questions
1. As relationships grow, they move into a stage of which type of love?
2. Why does the author deliberately chose particular words and phrases to use in the book?
3. The introduction addresses which of these questions?
4. The intense attachment a hurt partner may feel towards the unfaithful partner could override which of the following?
5. After making a difficult decision between the hurt partner and the lover, the unfaithful partner may begin to doubt what about themselves?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)