|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 - Restoring Trust.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many psychological reactions, which can be experienced by the unfaithful partner after the discovery of the affair, does the book address?
2. Unrealistic expectations are often the result of which experiences?
(b) Unfulfilled dreams.
(c) Previous relationships.
3. The signs of an affair are often treated in which way by the hurt partner?
(a) They are ignored.
(b) They are confronted.
(c) They are accepted.
(d) They are explained away.
4. According to Chapter 6, how can trust be restored in a person?
(a) Addressing the root causes of the affair.
(b) Cutting off all communication to the lover.
(c) Changing personal behavior to display trustworthiness.
(d) Recommitting fully to the relationship.
5. Basic goals and new boundaries should be decided on by whom?
(a) The hurt partner and the marriage counselor.
(b) The partners and the lover.
(c) Both partners.
(d) The unfaithful partner and a religious leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. The most fundamental situation faced by the partners in a marriage post-affair is which of the following?
2. Why is the personal identity of a hurt partner affected by an affair?
3. When deciding on the future of their relationship, a couple should consider which effect on the children?
4. The negative reactions of friends and family can enhance which feeling for the unfaithful partner?
5. When the relationship with the lover is ended by the unfaithful partner, which emotion typically follows?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)