|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 - Restoring Trust.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The negative reactions of friends and family can enhance which feeling for the unfaithful partner?
2. After considering the economic impacts of divorce, a couple may come to understand which reality about their relationship?
(a) The rationale for remaining in the relationship.
(b) The reasoning behind their financial arguments.
(c) The financial burden of the affair.
(d) The need to provide for their children.
3. While hurt female partners typically become depressed, how do male hurt partners typically react?
(a) They become sad.
(b) They become fearful.
(c) They become angry.
(d) They become lonely.
4. Why is the personal identity of a hurt partner affected by an affair?
(a) Their identity is regulated solely by their own beliefs.
(b) Their identity is defined by their partner and children.
(c) Their identity is invested in their intimate relationship.
(d) Their identity and self-worth are tied to their sexuality.
5. Men distract themselves with external events when dealing with an unfaithful partner while women react in which way?
(a) Confront the lover.
(b) Plan a retreat to discuss the affair.
(c) Disengage from the marriage.
(d) Obsess over the relationship.
Short Answer Questions
1. The book urges readers to take an inventory of which aspect of their lives?
2. According to Chapter 3, how should irrational or erroneous thoughts should be treated?
3. The book presents a bulleted list of which type of expectations of love and marriage?
4. When the relationship with the lover is ended by the unfaithful partner, which emotion typically follows?
5. The feeling of romantic love can lead the unfaithful partner to take which action?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)