|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 - Restoring Trust.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The unfaithful partner may experience physical changes from romantic love that can be expected to last how long?
(a) A short time.
(b) When they're with their lover.
(c) Throughout the affair.
(d) The rest of their life.
2. How should behaviors that detract from trust be addressed?
(a) They should be embraced.
(b) They should be analyzed.
(c) They should be ignored.
(d) They should be eliminated.
3. How does the book describe the process of changing behavior?
4. When hurt partners engage in obsession behaviors, how is this related to the discovery of the affair?
(a) The behaviors are attempts to remember life before the relationship.
(b) The behaviors are attempts to dull pain and reduce anxiety.
(c) The behaviors are attempts to get even with the lover.
(d) The behaviors are attempts to get the attention of the unfaithful partner.
5. How should partners treat their unrealistic expectations of love and marriage?
(a) Undergo couples counseling.
(b) Critique each others' beliefs.
(c) Decide mutually to forget them.
(d) Examine their origins.
Short Answer Questions
1. If the unfaithful partner feels committed to the lover, how could this affect their feelings about the affair?
2. Relationships can be repaired if both partners react in which way?
3. When deciding on the future of their relationship, a couple should consider which effect on the children?
4. After closer examination, the rationalizations used by the unfaithful partner to justify the affair often can be described in which way?
5. An unfaithful partner may experience which emotion after leaving the lover?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)