|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 - Restoring Trust.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which idea is unlikely about the couple working through an extramarital affair?
(a) They are dysfunctional.
(b) They are incompatible.
(c) They are stronger.
(d) They are committed.
2. Although many hurt partners feel that 'good things happen to good people,' how does the discovery of the affair affect this sentiment?
(a) They become aware their partner is not a good person.
(b) They must abandon their common, fundamental beliefs.
(c) They hold tightly to the idea that good things will come their way.
(d) They believe they did something wrong to bring on the affair.
3. What does the first part of chapter six focus on?
(a) Reasons why a partner is untrustworthy.
(b) Methods to change behavior.
(c) How to control the unfaithful partner.
(d) Overcoming resistance to change.
4. When the affair is discovered, what is the typical reaction of the unfaithful partner?
(a) Emotional relief.
(b) Fear and loathing.
(c) Anger and jealousy.
5. How many blocks to change does the text address in chapter six?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do women usually react to the discovery of an affair?
2. Some people refuse to acknowledge which action by their partner?
3. Which is an example of a behavior that may take a considerable toll on a partner?
4. If a partner exhibits signs of change, how could the other partner view this change?
5. How do children typically respond to the unfaithful partner?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)