|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 - Restoring Trust.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the first part of chapter six focus on?
(a) How to control the unfaithful partner.
(b) Methods to change behavior.
(c) Overcoming resistance to change.
(d) Reasons why a partner is untrustworthy.
2. For trust to be regained in a relationship, what must happen?
(a) The affair must be analyzed from all angles.
(b) The root causes of the affair must be eliminated.
(c) The hurt partner must have an affair as well.
(d) The lover must be involved in couples counseling.
3. Men distract themselves with external events when dealing with an unfaithful partner while women react in which way?
(a) Disengage from the marriage.
(b) Confront the lover.
(c) Plan a retreat to discuss the affair.
(d) Obsess over the relationship.
4. What must occur with the deeper issues felt by the unfaithful partner?
(a) They need time to sort out.
(b) They should be ignored.
(c) They must be addressed.
(d) They can be resolved.
5. How should partners treat their unrealistic expectations of love and marriage?
(a) Examine their origins.
(b) Decide mutually to forget them.
(c) Critique each others' beliefs.
(d) Undergo couples counseling.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does chapter number 1 conclude?
2. Women typically view an affair in which way compared with men?
3. Although many hurt partners feel that 'good things happen to good people,' how does the discovery of the affair affect this sentiment?
4. When some hurt partners discover the affair, they feel an emotional toll equal or greater to which event?
5. What is the fundamental difference between the hurt and unfaithful partners' reactions to the affair?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)