|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 - Sex Again.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author uses the term 'flip-flop' to describe which factor?
(a) Viewing the damage as irreversible.
(b) Understanding why hurt partners decide to cheat.
(c) Explaining the repeated return of the lover.
(d) Redefining negative traits as positive.
2. How does the book view sex tools?
(a) Unnecessary if the marriage is working.
(b) Integral to maintaining the excitement in intimacy.
(c) Healthy if acceptable to both partners.
(d) Dangerous if used only with the lover.
3. If a childhood experience is missing from a person's life, the person will compensate with patterned, negative behavior referred to with which term?
4. How many reasons does the book address that could explain a lack of guilt on the part of the unfaithful partner?
5. The responsibility for the shortcomings in a marriage belongs to whom?
(a) The unfaithful partner.
(b) The hurt partner.
(c) Both partners.
(d) The lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. After closer examination, the rationalizations used by the unfaithful partner to justify the affair often can be described in which way?
2. If sexual desires change, couples may assume this will lead to which outcome?
3. The negative reactions of friends and family can enhance which feeling for the unfaithful partner?
4. How does the text refer to childhood experiences?
5. Children need to function in which way?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)