|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 - Sex Again.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Couples often assume that sexual desire should be experienced in which way by each partner?
(a) With the same intensity.
(b) With the same duration.
(c) With the same frequency.
(d) With the same fantasies.
2. Which is an assumption about sexual intimacy by many couples?
(a) It will decrease during the marriage.
(b) It would be more exciting with a lover.
(c) It should come easily and naturally.
(d) It could be regained in a relationship.
3. The author uses the term 'flip-flop' to describe which factor?
(a) Redefining negative traits as positive.
(b) Understanding why hurt partners decide to cheat.
(c) Viewing the damage as irreversible.
(d) Explaining the repeated return of the lover.
4. Which topic is often-overlooked in discussing extramarital affairs?
(a) The marriage usually ends in divorce.
(b) The passion can be reignited in a marriage.
(c) The damage done by an affair is deep.
(d) The affair can lead to a stronger marriage.
5. What must occur with the deeper issues felt by the unfaithful partner?
(a) They must be addressed.
(b) They need time to sort out.
(c) They can be resolved.
(d) They should be ignored.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the affair is discovered, what is the typical reaction of the unfaithful partner?
2. How many reasons does the book address that could explain a lack of guilt on the part of the unfaithful partner?
3. How should children connect with others?
4. If a hurt partner remains committed to impossibly high standards, they most likely missed out on which childhood experience?
5. After making a difficult decision between the hurt partner and the lover, the unfaithful partner may begin to doubt what about themselves?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)