|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 - Sex Again.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author uses the term 'flip-flop' to describe which factor?
(a) Understanding why hurt partners decide to cheat.
(b) Viewing the damage as irreversible.
(c) Explaining the repeated return of the lover.
(d) Redefining negative traits as positive.
2. The majority of the blame for an affair belongs to whom?
(a) Both partners.
(b) The unfaithful partner.
(c) The hurt partner.
(d) The lover.
3. If a hurt partner remains committed to impossibly high standards, they most likely missed out on which childhood experience?
(a) Letting go and having fun.
(b) Exploring new relationships.
(c) Spending time with their parents.
(d) Bonding with their friends.
4. The unfaithful partner often wants to reconnect in their marriage in order to stop feeling which emotion?
5. An accident or illness are examples of which root cause of an affair?
(a) Unfair circumstances.
(b) Fear of losing a partner.
(c) Childhood experiences.
(d) Critical life events.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do most unfaithful partners describe sex with their lover?
2. How do unfaithful partners typically manage their anxiety?
3. What is the fundamental difference between the hurt and unfaithful partners' reactions to the affair?
4. After making a difficult decision between the hurt partner and the lover, the unfaithful partner may begin to doubt what about themselves?
5. How many psychological reactions, which can be experienced by the unfaithful partner after the discovery of the affair, does the book address?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)