|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 - Sex Again.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do unfaithful partners typically manage their anxiety?
(a) Arrange to see their lover more frequently.
(b) Become involved in a wide range of activities.
(c) Disengage from the marriage even further.
(d) Attempt to understand the feelings of the hurt partner.
2. How does the book view sex tools?
(a) Unnecessary if the marriage is working.
(b) Dangerous if used only with the lover.
(c) Healthy if acceptable to both partners.
(d) Integral to maintaining the excitement in intimacy.
3. When friends and family withdraw from the unfaithful partner, who can provide a temporary substitute?
(a) Religous leaders.
(b) Work colleagues.
(c) Professional therapists.
(d) The lover.
4. How is masturbation viewed by the text?
(a) Indicative of marital stress.
(b) A sign of dissatisfaction.
(c) An individual preference.
(d) A normal behavior.
5. If one of their parents was unfaithful, a person will most likely exhibit which behavior?
(a) Become an unfaithful partner in their marriage.
(b) Refuse to enter a relationship.
(c) Avoid an affair at all cost.
(d) Seek out a partner who will commit equally.
Short Answer Questions
1. Women typically view an affair in which way compared with men?
2. Developing realistic expectations of sex involves examining assumptions regarding which emotion?
3. The unfaithful partner often wants to reconnect in their marriage in order to stop feeling which emotion?
4. If a childhood experience is missing from a person's life, the person will compensate with patterned, negative behavior referred to with which term?
5. After closer examination, the rationalizations used by the unfaithful partner to justify the affair often can be described in which way?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)