|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 - Sex Again.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. An accident or illness are examples of which root cause of an affair?
(a) Unfair circumstances.
(b) Childhood experiences.
(c) Critical life events.
(d) Fear of losing a partner.
2. Which is an assumption about sexual intimacy by many couples?
(a) It would be more exciting with a lover.
(b) It should come easily and naturally.
(c) It could be regained in a relationship.
(d) It will decrease during the marriage.
3. How many reasons does the book address that could explain a lack of guilt on the part of the unfaithful partner?
4. If one of their parents was unfaithful, a person will most likely exhibit which behavior?
(a) Refuse to enter a relationship.
(b) Seek out a partner who will commit equally.
(c) Become an unfaithful partner in their marriage.
(d) Avoid an affair at all cost.
5. How do unfaithful partners typically manage their anxiety?
(a) Become involved in a wide range of activities.
(b) Disengage from the marriage even further.
(c) Arrange to see their lover more frequently.
(d) Attempt to understand the feelings of the hurt partner.
Short Answer Questions
1. The unfaithful partner often wants to reconnect in their marriage in order to stop feeling which emotion?
2. If a childhood experience is missing from a person's life, the person will compensate with patterned, negative behavior referred to with which term?
3. Couples often assume that sexual desire should be experienced in which way by each partner?
4. After the affair is discovered, how does the unfaithful partner typically react to the repeated lying in which they had been engaging?
5. Adults who lack self-discipline often did not have which childhood experience?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)