|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 - Sex Again.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do unfaithful partners typically manage their anxiety?
(a) Become involved in a wide range of activities.
(b) Attempt to understand the feelings of the hurt partner.
(c) Disengage from the marriage even further.
(d) Arrange to see their lover more frequently.
2. The unfaithful partner often wants to reconnect in their marriage in order to stop feeling which emotion?
3. Which topic is often-overlooked in discussing extramarital affairs?
(a) The damage done by an affair is deep.
(b) The affair can lead to a stronger marriage.
(c) The marriage usually ends in divorce.
(d) The passion can be reignited in a marriage.
4. Future affairs will not be likely to occur if which action is taken?
(a) The reasons for the affair are discussed with the lover.
(b) The unfaithful partner changes careers.
(c) The hurt partner works to regain self-esteem.
(d) The underlying causes are examined and corrected.
5. When friends and family withdraw from the unfaithful partner, who can provide a temporary substitute?
(a) The lover.
(b) Work colleagues.
(c) Professional therapists.
(d) Religous leaders.
Short Answer Questions
1. Analyzing childhood experiences can lead to which result in a marriage?
2. Couples often assume that sexual desire should be experienced in which way by each partner?
3. After the affair is discovered, how does the unfaithful partner typically react to the repeated lying in which they had been engaging?
4. The author uses the term 'flip-flop' to describe which factor?
5. An accident or illness are examples of which root cause of an affair?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)