Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In terms of sharing their input, what did Hooks say about how many of her students feel?
2. What group of students did Hooks find is hardest to teach?
3. What was the first observation that Hooks makes with regard to the main issue she is going to talk about in Chapter 15?
4. What did Hooks combine in Chapter 13?
5. In Chapter 12, what did Hooks say about the experience of white women?
Essay Topic 1
What two reasons were given for why Hooks used the pseudonym "bell hooks"? Why did she not use capital letters? Give specific examples of where these reasons were evident throughout the book.
Essay Topic 2
What was Hooks' experience with using liberating teaching methods in the classroom as opposed to traditional teaching methods? How did her students respond to the use of both methods?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Chela Sandoval? What role did she play in Hooks' life in terms of teaching and education as a whole? What did Hooks think of Sandoval's work? What did Hooks say the public thinks of Sandoval's work?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)