|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hooks say would be the experience for American blacks?
2. What did Chapter 14 say about the role the students say the teacher has in the learning process?
3. According to Hooks, when did racial distinctions become more pronounced?
4. In which of the following did Hooks NOT say the patriarchal structure was the ruling force of?
5. How did Hooks say her students feel about the input they have to offer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Hooks' experience with integration of schools. Was it positive or negative? What did she learn from the experience? How did this integration serve as a historical moment for Hooks later in life?
Essay Topic 2
What did Hooks say about women who only participate in the Women's Studies or feminist theory aspects of education? What of their minds? Is this practice different from women's experiences in everyday life? How?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Hook's view of white supremacy. Did she agree that this concept was a necessary part of society? If not, what did she agree with in its place? What examples did Hooks give of times in her life that she was exposed to this notion?
This section contains 1,126 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)