|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What racial tension did Hooks mention in Chapter 12 that she mentioned in previous chapters?
2. How did Hooks say black and white women are treated?
3. When Hooks was speaking of oppression in Chapter 8, to whom was she referring?
4. How did Hooks view the instructional methods used by teachers?
5. Hooks discussed the limitations of what?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Hooks' relationship with Ron Scapp. Did they relate to each other romantically? How did they affect each other as teachers? How did race and gender play as factors in their relationship? How did people in the outside world receive them? Were their social class upbringings similar or different? How?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Hook's view of white supremacy. Did she agree that this concept was a necessary part of society? If not, what did she agree with in its place? What examples did Hooks give of times in her life that she was exposed to this notion?
Essay Topic 3
According to Hooks, when is education at its best? What do teachers believe about their role before students are encouraged to participate in the learning process? What did Hooks believe about proper instructional methods and participation from students?
This section contains 1,058 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)