|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Hooks teaches feminist theory classes that include a majority of white women, what interest does she find that many of the women have in feminist theory?
2. When Hooks was speaking of oppression in Chapter 8, to whom was she referring?
3. What did Hooks say women needed to move forward with?
4. In what two contexts did Hooks talk about white men and black women?
5. What did Hooks say the American population is going to be a reconfiguration of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Hooks' experience with integration of schools. Was it positive or negative? What did she learn from the experience? How did this integration serve as a historical moment for Hooks later in life?
Essay Topic 2
What was Hooks' experience with using liberating teaching methods in the classroom as opposed to traditional teaching methods? How did her students respond to the use of both methods?
Essay Topic 3
Was the manner in which Hooks taught different when the majority of students were black as opposed to a majority of white? Explain how. How did she say her black students reacted to the white perspective of feminism?
This section contains 1,077 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)