Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In terms of sharing their input, what did Hooks say about how many of her students feel?
2. What group of students did Hooks find is hardest to teach?
3. What was the first observation that Hooks makes with regard to the main issue she is going to talk about in Chapter 15?
4. What did Hooks combine in Chapter 13?
5. In Chapter 12, what did Hooks say about the experience of white women?
How did Hooks feel about her work not being published by a university publishing company? What possible reason did she give for why it was not? What effect did this have on her?
Hooks mentioned several of her life experiences from childhood to adulthood. Do you think this was ONLY to give you background about her? If so, why do you feel that is significant? If not, do you think those experiences greatly influenced her to become a teacher or to write this book? If so, give specific examples mentioned in the book and correlate them to why she became a teacher or wrote the book?
As a child, what was Hooks' experience with the patriarchal system? Was it something she agreed or disagreed with? How did she approach the patriarchal system as an adult? How is "Teaching to Transgress: Education as the Practice of Freedom" influenced by the patriarchal system?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)