Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In terms of sharing their input, what did Hooks say about how many of her students feel?
2. What group of students did Hooks find is hardest to teach?
3. What was the first observation that Hooks makes with regard to the main issue she is going to talk about in Chapter 15?
4. What did Hooks combine in Chapter 13?
5. In Chapter 12, what did Hooks say about the experience of white women?
How did Hooks associate language with learning and her students? How did her students feel about being able to speak in the classroom? How did Hooks feel about her ability to speak within the classroom? Did anyone influence how she speaks and what she teaches?
What two reasons were given for why Hooks used the pseudonym "bell hooks"? Why did she not use capital letters? Give specific examples of where these reasons were evident throughout the book.
According to Hooks, when is education at its best? What do teachers believe about their role before students are encouraged to participate in the learning process? What did Hooks believe about proper instructional methods and participation from students?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)