|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hooks say about black authors and feminist authors?
2. According to Chapter 9, individuals from what portion of Asia make up the dominant minority group in a number of places in the US?
3. Hooks discussed the limitations of what?
4. Whom did Hooks thank as the first forum that allowed her talk about the main issue discussed in Chapter 15?
5. What is one problem Hooks addressed with regard to the works of blacks and women?
Essay Topic 1
Describe what Hooks said about women who had been exposed to higher education and how they will view her work. From what perspective did they interpret her work?
Essay Topic 2
What two reasons were given for why Hooks used the pseudonym "bell hooks"? Why did she not use capital letters? Give specific examples of where these reasons were evident throughout the book.
Essay Topic 3
How did Hooks feel about the way her theoretical works are assessed? Are they assessed fairly or unfairly? How did she feel about the way other minorities' works are evaluated? Who set the standard for how theoretical works are judged? Did she think there should be a change to how the standard is set?
This section contains 1,050 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)