|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In terms of sharing their input, what did Hooks say about how many of her students feel?
2. What group of students did Hooks find is hardest to teach?
3. What was the first observation that Hooks makes with regard to the main issue she is going to talk about in Chapter 15?
4. What did Hooks combine in Chapter 13?
5. In Chapter 12, what did Hooks say about the experience of white women?
Essay Topic 1
How did Hooks associate language with learning and her students? How did her students feel about being able to speak in the classroom? How did Hooks feel about her ability to speak within the classroom? Did anyone influence how she speaks and what she teaches?
Essay Topic 2
What did Hooks say about a poor woman's need for making money as an adult? What did these women consider a good job? Generally, what did their job prospects look like?
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 12, what was Hooks' opinion of the way the public views feminist theory? What did she believe could happen because of this? Did she believe a feminist backlash had taken place? If so, what did she hope for in terms of a resolution?
This section contains 1,104 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)