|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hooks say is considered by some to be a form of liberation for poor, working women?
(a) Highly educated.
(b) Earning money.
(c) No education.
(d) Not earning money.
2. According to Chapter 9, individuals from what portion of Asia make up the dominant minority group in a number of places in the US?
3. What is the great leap forward that Hooks received from one of her male students?
(a) A speech.
(b) A novel.
(c) A poem.
4. What did Hooks say about most white people during the period of slavery?
(a) They were racist.
(b) They wanted to implement integration.
(c) They were too poor to own slaves.
(d) They owned many slaves.
5. When Hooks teaches feminist theory classes that include a majority of white women, what interest does she find that many of the women have in feminist theory?
(a) How it could improve life for black women.
(b) How it could worsen life for men who believe in the patriarchal system.
(c) How it could improve life for non-bisexual and non-homosexual white women.
(d) How it could improve life for bisexual or homosexual women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Chapter 14 say about the role the students say the teacher has in the learning process?
2. How did Hooks say black and white women are treated?
3. What did Hooks say is the most important thing for students and teachers to help implement improved strategies?
4. Hooks talked about making space for what?
5. Chapter 9 said that Hooks' work would have been published through what system if it hadn't been flawed?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)