|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the main target audience of this book?
(a) Black men.
(b) White women.
(c) Black women.
(d) White men.
2. In Chapter 12, Hooks wrote about the patriarchal structure within what context?
(a) Black and white.
(c) All white.
(d) All black.
3. According to Hooks, when is the system of oppression appropriate?
(a) The system of oppression is never appropriate.
(b) When it is backed by the government.
(c) When it is done in a friendly manner.
(d) When doing away with it would cause more harm than good.
4. What is the topic of the great leap forward that Hooks received from one of her male students?
(a) Opposition to the practice of racism.
(b) Promotion of the practice of interracial dating.
(c) Promotion of the practice of sexism
(d) Opposition to the practice of rape.
5. What effect does Hooks hope "Teaching to Transgress: Education as the Practice of Freedom" will have on society?
(a) She hopes it will not create a biased perspective on the black American female situation.
(b) She hopes it will create an unbiased perspective on the white American female situation.
(c) She hopes it will create an unbiased perspective on the black American female situation.
(d) She hopes it will not create a biased perspective on the white American female situation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Hooks say her students feel about the input they have to offer?
2. In terms of sharing their input, what did Hooks say about how many of her students feel?
3. What group of students did Hooks find is hardest to teach?
4. What did Hooks say about women concerning many of the ideas she addressed in the book?
5. For whom did Hooks say the purpose of higher education is to secure job training?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)