|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Hooks was speaking of oppression in Chapter 8, to whom was she referring?
(a) Women in the workplace.
(c) Elderly men and women.
2. What did many of Hooks' students of color think about feminism?
(a) They were suspicious of it and didn't think it was that relevant to their lives.
(b) They were not suspicious of it and thought it was relevant to their lives.
(c) They were suspicious of it but thought it was highly relevant to their lives.
(d) They were not suspicious of it and didn't think it was relevant to their lives.
3. What did Hooks say is now the reputation of feminist theory?
(a) It is degraded.
(b) It is understood but not taken seriously.
(c) It is respected.
(d) It is ignored by men.
4. What type of experiences did Hooks write about in Chapter 8?
5. In which of the following did Hooks NOT say the patriarchal structure was the ruling force of?
(c) Community at large.
Short Answer Questions
1. What problem did Hooks say white women face in terms of white men?
2. In Chapter 12, what did Hooks say about the experience of white women?
3. Chapter 14 said that Chapter 15 is devoted to what type of issues?
4. What group of students did Hooks find is hardest to teach?
5. Hooks talked about making space for what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Chapter 14 gave a preview to the main topic addressed in Chapter 15. What was the issue? What was the first observation that Hooks made?
2. What new experience did Hooks say many American blacks are currently facing?
3. According to Chapter 9, in what way was "Teaching to Transgress: Education as the Practice of Freedom" a failure?
4. What accusation did Hooks say many black men face when in a relationship with a white woman?
5. What did Hooks say about girls and the oppressive conditions they face?
6. What did Hooks say about the relationship between black and white women and white women and black men?
7. What group did Hooks thank as being the first audience who gave her the opportunity to discuss the main topic of Chapter 15 candidly?
8. In Chapter 8, what hierarchies did Hooks talk about dismantling? What will replace them?
9. What was Hooks' profession at the time she wrote this book? When was the book published?
10. What special characteristics are mentioned about Chapter 12?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)