|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In terms of sharing their input, what did Hooks say about how many of her students feel?
(a) They do not think sharing their input is beneficial. Only the teacher's point-of-view should be heard.
(b) They may be able to freely share but they aren't sure.
(c) They can freely share their input.
(d) They cannot freely share their input.
2. What group of students did Hooks find is hardest to teach?
(a) Those who are white.
(b) Those who are male.
(c) Those who are black.
(d) Those who are suspicious.
3. What was the first observation that Hooks makes with regard to the main issue she is going to talk about in Chapter 15?
(a) It is a major issue that is often discussed.
(b) It is a major issue but rarely discussed.
(c) It is a minor issue that is often discussed.
(d) It is a minor issue that is rarely discussed.
4. What did Hooks combine in Chapter 13?
(a) Love and marriage.
(b) Theory and practice.
(c) Truth and fiction.
(d) Education and religion.
5. In Chapter 12, what did Hooks say about the experience of white women?
(a) Hooks does not mention the experience of white women in Chapter 12.
(b) It was completely different from the experience of non-white women.
(c) It was the same as the experience of non-white women.
(d) It was a good mix of having similarities with non-white women and being very different from non-white women.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hooks, who are more vulnerable to white men than white women?
2. What did Hooks say blurred the demarcation of what indicated a wealthy person versus a poor person?
3. What was the major problem Hooks faced within the patriarchal framework?
4. When Hooks was speaking of oppression in Chapter 8, to whom was she referring?
5. What did Hooks say affects how she subjectively relates to teaching?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)