|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, Hooks wrote about the patriarchal structure within what context?
(a) Black and white.
(c) All white.
(d) All black.
2. When Hooks was speaking of oppression in Chapter 8, to whom was she referring?
(c) Elderly men and women.
(d) Women in the workplace.
3. What was the first observation that Hooks makes with regard to the main issue she is going to talk about in Chapter 15?
(a) It is a minor issue that is often discussed.
(b) It is a major issue that is often discussed.
(c) It is a major issue but rarely discussed.
(d) It is a minor issue that is rarely discussed.
4. Who did Hooks say is expected to accept a greater degree of being silenced?
(a) Highly educated people.
(b) Black men.
(c) White women.
(d) Lower class.
5. What did Hooks say blurred the demarcation of what indicated a wealthy person versus a poor person?
(b) Savings Bonds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hooks say about the set of actions of behaviors that teachers can exhibit?
2. According to Hooks, when did racial distinctions become more pronounced?
3. What did Hooks write about people who are experiencing very oppressive conditions?
4. For whom did Hooks say the purpose of higher education is to secure job training?
5. What did Hooks discuss in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the main issue addressed in Chapter 13? What was the first thing mentioned about this issue?
2. What was Hooks' profession at the time she wrote this book? When was the book published?
3. What accusation did Hooks say many black men face when in a relationship with a white woman?
4. According to Hooks, what affected how she subjectively related to teaching?
5. What did Hooks observe about the relationship between black women and white men? In what contexts did she speak of this relationship?
6. What racial topic did Hooks mention in Chapter 12 that was mentioned in previous chapters?
7. How did Hooks describe the patriarchal system she grew up in?
8. What did Hooks say about girls and the oppressive conditions they face?
9. What does Hooks say about her students and liberating practices?
10. Who was Ron Scapp? What role did he play in Hooks' life?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)