|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hooks say about the set of actions of behaviors that teachers can exhibit?
(a) They vary from time to time.
(b) They are standard across the board.
(c) They are limited.
(d) They are plentiful.
2. What did Hooks say blurred the demarcation of what indicated a wealthy person versus a poor person?
(c) Savings Bonds.
3. What is one problem Hooks addressed with regard to the works of blacks and women?
(a) When they are included but without any attendant changes in pedagogy.
(b) When they are not included and therefore have no attendant changes in pedagogy.
(c) When they are included and have attendant changes in pedagogy.
(d) When they are not included and have attendant changes in pedagogy.
4. What did Chapter 14 say about the role the students say the teacher has in the learning process?
(a) Teachers prevent their (the students') voices from being heard.
(b) Teachers encourage the opinions of the students only when they agree with his or hers. When their opinions do not agree with the teacher's, he or she discourages it.
(c) Teachers do not encourage or discourage the students from being heard.
(d) Teachers encourage the opinions of the students.
5. In Chapter 8, Hooks spoke of the importance of doing what to people?
(a) Physically fighting against.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hooks, when did racial distinctions become more pronounced?
2. How did Hooks say her students feel about the input they have to offer?
3. What did Hooks say about black authors and feminist authors?
4. What group of students did Hooks find is hardest to teach?
5. How did many of Hooks' male students feel about gender issues?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Hooks say about the method she used to teach her students when the majority of them were black?
2. What special characteristics are mentioned about Chapter 12?
3. What does Hooks say about her students and liberating practices?
4. What accusation did Hooks say many black men face when in a relationship with a white woman?
5. According to Hooks, what affected how she subjectively related to teaching?
6. What was the main issue addressed in Chapter 13? What was the first thing mentioned about this issue?
7. In Chapter 8, what hierarchies did Hooks talk about dismantling? What will replace them?
8. What did Hooks notice about classes that consisted mainly of white women concerning their interest in feminist theory?
9. What new experience did Hooks say many American blacks are currently facing?
10. What was Hooks' profession at the time she wrote this book? When was the book published?
This section contains 981 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)