|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hooks think is necessary to dismantle?
(a) Integration and matriarchy.
(b) Politics and matriarchy.
(c) White supremacy and patriarchy.
(d) Religion and patriarchy.
2. What type of market did "Teaching to Transgress: Education as the Practice of Freedom" appeal to?
(a) Those outside of universities.
(b) Students within universities.
(c) Students and faculty of secondary schools.
(d) Faculty within universities.
3. How did Hooks say black and white women are treated?
(a) They are treated as if they are an important part of society.
(b) They are treated no differently than black and white men.
(c) They are treated as if they are second-class citizens.
(d) They are treated as if they are in mutual sexual competition with each other.
4. What did Hooks say blurred the demarcation of what indicated a wealthy person versus a poor person?
(b) Savings Bonds.
5. Hooks said that many white women are racist in what ways?
(a) Complexity or inactively and unintentionally.
(b) Complexity or actively and intentionally.
(c) Complicity or inactively and unintentionally.
(d) Complicity or actively and intentionally.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 14 said that it is also often the case that there is a particular strain of _____.
2. In Chapter 12, Hooks reminded her readers of what being used in her childhood home?
3. Hooks said what of each region of the United States?
4. What did Hooks say about most white people during the period of slavery?
5. Whom did Hooks thank as the first forum that allowed her talk about the main issue discussed in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Hooks say in Chapter 12 about the present state of feminist theory?
2. What racial topic did Hooks mention in Chapter 12 that was mentioned in previous chapters?
3. What did Hooks say about her making space for others to speak about class, race and gender issues?
4. What special characteristics are mentioned about Chapter 12?
5. According to Hooks, what affected how she subjectively related to teaching?
6. Hooks used Chapter 9 to do what with many of the ideas she previously discussed? How did the readers feel about these ideas?
7. What did Hooks say about language and its influence on the learning process?
8. What did Hooks say about girls and the oppressive conditions they face?
9. According to Chapter 9, in what way was "Teaching to Transgress: Education as the Practice of Freedom" a failure?
10. What did Hooks say about black authors and feminists being one in the same?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)