|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Hooks thank as the first forum that allowed her talk about the main issue discussed in Chapter 15?
(a) A religious environment.
(b) Feminist environment.
(c) Environment of higher education.
(d) Medical environment.
2. What was the major problem Hooks faced within the patriarchal framework?
(a) Age discrimination.
(c) Class distinction.
3. What did Hooks say would be the experience for American blacks?
(a) How it feels when you transform from a minority to the majority race.
(b) How it feels when your minority is not the main one.
(c) How it feels to not be considered a minority or majority race.
(d) How it feels when your minority is the main one.
4. In Chapter 12, Hooks wrote about the patriarchal structure within what context?
(a) Black and white.
(c) All black.
(d) All white.
5. What did many of Hooks' students of color think about feminism?
(a) They were not suspicious of it and didn't think it was relevant to their lives.
(b) They were not suspicious of it and thought it was relevant to their lives.
(c) They were suspicious of it but thought it was highly relevant to their lives.
(d) They were suspicious of it and didn't think it was that relevant to their lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 14 said that it is also often the case that there is a particular strain of _____.
2. How did many of Hooks' male students feel about gender issues?
3. What did Hooks say about the gender gap between black men and white women?
4. What racial tension did Hooks mention in Chapter 12 that she mentioned in previous chapters?
5. According to Chapter 10, many believed sexual relationships across racial boundaries are which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. Chapter 14 gave a preview to the main topic addressed in Chapter 15. What was the issue? What was the first observation that Hooks made?
2. What does Hooks say about her students and liberating practices?
3. What was the main issue addressed in Chapter 13? What was the first thing mentioned about this issue?
4. What racial topic did Hooks mention in Chapter 12 that was mentioned in previous chapters?
5. What did Hooks say about a woman's social status and its connection to her partner?
6. Who is the target audience for "Teaching to Transgress: Education as the Practice of Freedom" and what does this mean?
7. How did Hooks address the issue of dominance in Chapter 8?
8. What did Hooks say about black authors and feminists being one in the same?
9. How did Hooks describe the patriarchal system she grew up in?
10. What did Hooks say about the method she used to teach her students when the majority of them were black?
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)