|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the context of class, what did Hooks say could happen to the status of the black partner within an interracial (black/white) relationship?
(a) It could improve.
(b) It could stay the same for the first year, then improve afterwards.
(c) It could worsen.
(d) It could stay the same.
2. What is a difference between the upbringing of Hooks and her friend?
(a) There is no difference. They both have a rural upbringing.
(b) She has a rural upbringing while he has an urban upbringing.
(c) She has an urban upbringing while he has a rural upbringing.
(d) She has a suburban upbringing while he has an urban upbringing.
3. In terms of sharing their input, what did Hooks say about how many of her students feel?
(a) They can freely share their input.
(b) They may be able to freely share but they aren't sure.
(c) They cannot freely share their input.
(d) They do not think sharing their input is beneficial. Only the teacher's point-of-view should be heard.
4. In Chapter 14, what did Hooks say has influenced the learning process?
5. According to Chapter 10, during the period of slavery, owning what made the distinction between the wealthy and the poor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hooks say the American population is going to be a reconfiguration of?
2. In Chapter 8, Hooks spoke of the importance of doing what to people?
3. Which of the following is one type of course that Hooks has taught?
4. Hooks used Chapter 9 to do what with many of her ideas?
5. Who did Hooks say is expected to accept a greater degree of being silenced?
Short Essay Questions
1. Hooks said that teachers sometimes felt that their creativity was being suppressed. In what way?
2. Who is the target audience for "Teaching to Transgress: Education as the Practice of Freedom" and what does this mean?
3. What accusation did Hooks say many black men face when in a relationship with a white woman?
4. How did Hooks describe the patriarchal system she grew up in?
5. How did Hooks address the issue of dominance in Chapter 8?
6. What racial topic did Hooks mention in Chapter 12 that was mentioned in previous chapters?
7. Who was Ron Scapp? What role did he play in Hooks' life?
8. What does Hooks say about her students and liberating practices?
9. Chapter 14 gave a preview to the main topic addressed in Chapter 15. What was the issue? What was the first observation that Hooks made?
10. What was Hooks' profession at the time she wrote this book? When was the book published?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)