|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the profession of Hooks' friend?
2. During the experiences mentioned in Chapter 8, silence of what issues ended for Hooks?
(a) Matters of race, class, and religion.
(b) Matters of race, class, and gender.
(c) Matters of discrimination, politics, and age.
(d) Matters of insecurities, age, and class.
3. Chapter 14 said that Chapter 15 is devoted to what type of issues?
4. According to Chapter 10, during the period of slavery, owning what made the distinction between the wealthy and the poor?
5. What did Hooks say about the set of actions of behaviors that teachers can exhibit?
(a) They are standard across the board.
(b) They are limited.
(c) They vary from time to time.
(d) They are plentiful.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Hooks view the instructional methods used by teachers?
2. The friend of whom Hooks speaks in Chapter 13, is of what race?
3. According to Chapter 9, what is much of "Teaching to Transgress: Education as the Practice of Freedom" about?
4. Who did Hooks say is expected to accept a greater degree of being silenced?
5. Hooks talked about making space for what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the target audience for "Teaching to Transgress: Education as the Practice of Freedom" and what does this mean?
2. What new experience did Hooks say many American blacks are currently facing?
3. What did Hooks say about a woman's social status and its connection to her partner?
4. What accusation did Hooks say many black men face when in a relationship with a white woman?
5. What racial topic did Hooks mention in Chapter 12 that was mentioned in previous chapters?
6. Chapter 14 gave a preview to the main topic addressed in Chapter 15. What was the issue? What was the first observation that Hooks made?
7. What was the main issue addressed in Chapter 13? What was the first thing mentioned about this issue?
8. What did Hooks say about black authors and feminists being one in the same?
9. What did Hooks say about language and its influence on the learning process?
10. What was Hooks' profession at the time she wrote this book? When was the book published?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)