|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did many of Hooks' students of color think about feminism?
(a) They were not suspicious of it and didn't think it was relevant to their lives.
(b) They were suspicious of it and didn't think it was that relevant to their lives.
(c) They were suspicious of it but thought it was highly relevant to their lives.
(d) They were not suspicious of it and thought it was relevant to their lives.
2. In Chapter 14, what did Hooks say has influenced the learning process?
3. What did Hooks say is considered by some to be a form of liberation for poor, working women?
(a) No education.
(b) Not earning money.
(c) Highly educated.
(d) Earning money.
4. What did Hooks say the American population is going to be a reconfiguration of?
(a) Melting pot of minorities.
(b) One race.
(c) Total segregation of all races.
(d) Separate but equal races.
5. What did Hooks learn specifically about young, black men in terms of how they feel about social issues (i.e. sexism, racism)?
(a) Young, black men feel like the issue of sexism experienced by their female counterparts is more of a problem within society than the racism they face.
(b) Young, black men believe sexism and racism are equally oppressive.
(c) Young, black men feel like they are already greatly hurt by racism so there was nothing left to bother them.
(d) Young, black men feel like they are highly favored in society and therefore have no concern with social issues.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hooks say about black authors and feminist authors?
2. According to Chapter 9, what is much of "Teaching to Transgress: Education as the Practice of Freedom" about?
3. When Hooks was speaking of oppression in Chapter 8, to whom was she referring?
4. In what two contexts did Hooks talk about white men and black women?
5. What did Hooks say is the most important thing for students and teachers to help implement improved strategies?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)