|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hooks said that many white women are racist in what ways?
(a) Complicity or inactively and unintentionally.
(b) Complexity or inactively and unintentionally.
(c) Complicity or actively and intentionally.
(d) Complexity or actively and intentionally.
2. According to Chapter 10, many believed sexual relationships across racial boundaries are which of the following?
(b) Legal but not welcomed.
(c) A welcomed change.
3. What did Hooks think is necessary to dismantle?
(a) Politics and matriarchy.
(b) Integration and matriarchy.
(c) White supremacy and patriarchy.
(d) Religion and patriarchy.
4. When Hooks was speaking of oppression in Chapter 8, to whom was she referring?
(a) Elderly men and women.
(d) Women in the workplace.
5. What did many of Hooks' students of color think about feminism?
(a) They were not suspicious of it and didn't think it was relevant to their lives.
(b) They were suspicious of it and didn't think it was that relevant to their lives.
(c) They were not suspicious of it and thought it was relevant to their lives.
(d) They were suspicious of it but thought it was highly relevant to their lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hooks say about the set of actions of behaviors that teachers can exhibit?
2. What did Hooks say is the most important thing for students and teachers to help implement improved strategies?
3. What was the first observation that Hooks makes with regard to the main issue she is going to talk about in Chapter 15?
4. In Chapter 12, what did Hooks say about the experience of white women?
5. How did Hooks say black and white women are treated?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hooks say about her students and liberating practices?
2. What did Hooks notice about classes that consisted mainly of white women concerning their interest in feminist theory?
3. What was Hooks' profession at the time she wrote this book? When was the book published?
4. What racial topic did Hooks mention in Chapter 12 that was mentioned in previous chapters?
5. What special characteristics are mentioned about Chapter 12?
6. What did Hooks say about the method she used to teach her students when the majority of them were black?
7. According to Hooks, what affected how she subjectively related to teaching?
8. Who is the target audience for "Teaching to Transgress: Education as the Practice of Freedom" and what does this mean?
9. What group did Hooks thank as being the first audience who gave her the opportunity to discuss the main topic of Chapter 15 candidly?
10. What did Hooks say about girls and the oppressive conditions they face?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)