|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which of the following did Hooks NOT say the patriarchal structure was the ruling force of?
(a) Community at large.
2. What did Hooks say is now the reputation of feminist theory?
(a) It is ignored by men.
(b) It is respected.
(c) It is understood but not taken seriously.
(d) It is degraded.
3. Hooks said a woman's attachment to a given man could do what?
(a) Improve her social class.
(b) Increase her self-esteem.
(c) Not affect her social status.
(d) Diminish her social status.
4. What did Hooks say blurred the demarcation of what indicated a wealthy person versus a poor person?
(d) Savings Bonds.
5. What did Hooks write about people who are experiencing very oppressive conditions?
(a) All should be sensitive to those people.
(b) They are experiencing the oppression because they deserve it.
(c) They should deflect that oppression onto others.
(d) If it's not affecting one directly, he/she should not worry about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hooks say the American population is going to be a reconfiguration of?
2. What effect does Hooks hope "Teaching to Transgress: Education as the Practice of Freedom" will have on society?
3. What was the major problem Hooks faced within the patriarchal framework?
4. Hooks began Chapter 10 by setting up the tension between what two groups?
5. What problem did Hooks say white women face in terms of white men?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Hooks say about girls and the oppressive conditions they face?
2. What racial topic did Hooks mention in Chapter 12 that was mentioned in previous chapters?
3. Hooks said that teachers sometimes felt that their creativity was being suppressed. In what way?
4. What new experience did Hooks say many American blacks are currently facing?
5. In Chapter 8, what hierarchies did Hooks talk about dismantling? What will replace them?
6. What did Hooks say about black authors and feminists being one in the same?
7. What accusation did Hooks say many black men face when in a relationship with a white woman?
8. Who was Ron Scapp? What role did he play in Hooks' life?
9. What did Hooks say about the method she used to teach her students when the majority of them were black?
10. Who is the target audience for "Teaching to Transgress: Education as the Practice of Freedom" and what does this mean?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)