|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relationship did Hooks say the formerly oppressed should have with former oppressors?
(a) They should not have interaction with those who have formerly oppressed them.
(b) They should create and maintain peace.
(c) They should have peace in their hearts but it's okay to sometimes exhibit behaviors that show there is tension.
(d) They should express overt hatred.
2. In Chapter 12, Hooks reminded her readers of what being used in her childhood home?
(a) Feminist theory.
(d) Nothing but love.
3. According to Hooks, when did racial distinctions become more pronounced?
(a) When the age difference has been established and racially integrated.
(b) When the gender difference has been established and racially integrated.
(c) When the gender difference has been established and sexually integrated.
(d) When the religious difference has been established and racially integrated.
4. When Hooks teaches feminist theory classes that include a majority of white women, what interest does she find that many of the women have in feminist theory?
(a) How it could improve life for non-bisexual and non-homosexual white women.
(b) How it could improve life for black women.
(c) How it could worsen life for men who believe in the patriarchal system.
(d) How it could improve life for bisexual or homosexual women.
5. Hooks used Chapter 9 to do what with many of her ideas?
(a) Attribute to others.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chapter 10, many believed sexual relationships across racial boundaries are which of the following?
2. In what two contexts did Hooks talk about white men and black women?
3. When Hooks was speaking of oppression in Chapter 8, to whom was she referring?
4. According to Chapter 9, individuals from what portion of Asia make up the dominant minority group in a number of places in the US?
5. What did Hooks say is the most important thing for students and teachers to help implement improved strategies?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)