|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hooks say about the work options for poorer people?
(a) They are plentiful.
(b) They are jobs that will never allow for promotion.
(c) They are jobs that the poor would enjoy.
(d) They are somewhat restricted.
2. How did Hooks feel within her family?
(a) Like the one who had to take charge.
(b) Like the most liked of the children.
(c) Like a burden.
(d) Like an outsider.
3. Hooks said that sometimes oppression is the result of the need to find better ways of aligning what?
(a) Social forces.
(b) Religious forces.
(c) Physical forces.
(d) Emotional forces.
4. What type of theorist is the Latina theorist mentioned in Chapter 5?
5. Hooks said teachers do best when they are what type of people?
(a) Self-actualizing people.
(b) High self-esteemed people.
(c) Self-hating people.
(d) Self-absorbed people.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Hooks describe the works of the Latina theorist introduced in Chapter 5?
2. What did Hooks say she wants her readers to understand about the continuation of Chapter 5 with regard to analyzing theoretical works?
3. What did Hooks say about some deceptions?
4. What main concepts were used in Chapter 4?
5. What did the theorist mentioned in Chapter 7 say at the end of the chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Hooks say about the effect of the feminist theory?
2. Why did Hooks feel like her theoretical works were harshly criticized?
3. In Chapter 5, what issue did Hook face again within academic atmospheres?
4. What was the overall theme of "Teaching to Transgress: Education as the Practice of Freedom" up to Chapter 6?
5. How did Hooks say "Teaching to Transgress: Education as the Practice of Freedom" affected women who have been educated by the male system?
6. What did Hooks say in Chapter 3 about individual instructors' ability to speak freely in meetings at Oberlin?
7. What were Hooks' views on nurturing independent thinking within the higher education environment?
8. Was Hooks' first integrated friendship received with open arms?
9. What did Hooks say about self-actualization?
10. According to Hooks, in what way did the concept of subject play a role?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)