|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Hooks say writes the majority of feminist works?
(a) Privileged black women.
(b) Privileged white women.
(c) Poor black women.
(d) Poor white women.
2. What type of theorist is the Latina theorist mentioned in Chapter 5?
3. Chapter 6 said that Hooks' works include the framework that consists of analysis that is what?
(a) Only beneficial to privileged women.
(b) More important for men than women.
(d) Natural and important for women.
4. What did the theorist mentioned in Chapter 7 say about himself?
(a) She did what she could but what she could was absolutely limited by her own femaleness.
(b) His ideas are superior to those of his female counterparts.
(c) Her ideas are superior to those of his male counterparts.
(d) He did what he could but what he could was absolutely limited by his own maleness.
5. Hooks said a woman with a high-paying career could represent which of the following?
(a) This is not an accurate picture of what women are capable of doing.
(b) Success for the woman's husband.
(c) Success for the woman.
(d) Financial failure.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hooks, what group of people were the masterminds behind the control system?
2. According to Hooks in the continuation of Chapter 5, when is it important to consider the differences between classes?
3. What did Hooks say about a wealthy woman who works by choice?
4. What did Hooks mention as a tool that cuts both ways with regard to progress?
5. In terms of race, what type of attitude did Hooks discuss in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Hooks, in what way did the concept of subject play a role?
2. What did Hooks say is the other side to creating high standards of theoretical work that exclude certain groups?
3. What did Hooks say about the effect of the feminist theory?
4. In Chapter 1, what did Hooks say about the Vietnamese Buddhist monk, Thich Nhat Hanh?
5. What did Hooks say about the political nature of education?
6. What role did Hooks say student participation plays in the education process?
7. What did Hooks say in Chapter 3 about individual instructors' ability to speak freely in meetings at Oberlin?
8. What did Hooks say about the general assessment of the theoretical works of women of color?
9. What were Hooks' views on nurturing independent thinking within the higher education environment?
10. What did Hooks say about where the majority of feminist writings come from?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)