Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hooks say about the work options for poorer people?
(a) They are jobs that the poor would enjoy.
(b) They are jobs that will never allow for promotion.
(c) They are somewhat restricted.
(d) They are plentiful.
2. What did Hooks say about her interaction with white peers?
(a) It is similar to the way they interact with each other.
(b) There is a difference between the way she interacts with white peers and their interaction with each other.
(c) She does not interact with white peers.
(d) She does not play close attention to how they interact with each other.
3. What did the theorist mentioned in Chapter 7 say at the end of the chapter?
(a) Men are the ones who need to develop female social theories and practices.
(b) Women are the ones who need to develop male social theories and practices.
(c) Men are the ones who need to develop male psychological theories and practices.
(d) Women are the ones who need to develop female psychological theories and practices.
4. Of feminist theories, Hooks said that they will be great in what?
(a) Intensity ONLY.
(b) Quantity and intensity.
(d) Quantity ONLY.
5. Hooks said when creating and sustaining theories, what difference is important to consider?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hooks say about some deceptions?
2. What did Hooks mention as a tool that cuts both ways with regard to progress?
3. According to Hooks, what is automatically excluded when the standard of good theoretical works is established?
4. In Chapter 1, what did Hooks say with regard to all-black schools and the education process?
5. Hooks said a woman with a high-paying career could represent which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. Was Hooks' first integrated friendship received with open arms?
2. What examples did Hooks give in Chapter 6 about the signs of success for a man?
3. What did Hooks say about where the majority of feminist writings come from?
4. What did Hooks say about language and its influence on the learning process?
5. In Chapter 8, what hierarchies did Hooks talk about dismantling? What will replace them?
6. In Chapter 1, what did Hooks say about the Vietnamese Buddhist monk, Thich Nhat Hanh?
7. In Chapter 6, what qualities did Hooks say a woman might possess to show that she is successful?
8. What did Hooks say about a woman's social status and its connection to her partner?
9. What was Hooks' profession at the time she wrote this book? When was the book published?
10. How did Hooks say "Teaching to Transgress: Education as the Practice of Freedom" affected women who have been educated by the male system?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)