|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hooks, when is the profession of teaching best served?
(a) When a teacher receives an award or promotion for a job well done.
(b) When a teacher does so with the idea that he/she is nurturing free adults.
(c) When the parents of the students compliment the teacher's progress.
(d) When all students understand what is being taught.
2. Chapter 6 said that Hooks' works include the framework that consists of analysis that is what?
(b) More important for men than women.
(c) Only beneficial to privileged women.
(d) Natural and important for women.
3. What did Hooks say she wants her readers to understand about the continuation of Chapter 5 with regard to analyzing theoretical works?
(a) The theoretical works of women are the only type that should be analyzed.
(b) It is partially about setting a standard and partially about holding to the standard.
(c) It is impossible to analyze theoretical works accurately.
(d) Theoretical works should only be analyzed by scholars.
4. Hooks said when creating and sustaining theories, what difference is important to consider?
5. According to Hooks, what group of people were the masterminds behind the control system?
(a) Asian men.
(b) Hispanic men.
(c) White men.
(d) All men.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Hooks' experience, what type of classes promotes a very high degree of the freedom of student involvement?
2. In Chapter 1, what did Hooks say with regard to all-black schools and the education process?
3. Which of the following is stated in Chapter 6 about a man who has a high-paying career?
4. According to Hooks, what is automatically excluded when the standard of good theoretical works is established?
5. According to Hooks, what is the great road of progress for poor men and women with regard to employment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Hooks say about the psyches of women?
2. What did Hooks say about the political nature of education?
3. In terms of the types of job opportunities available for poor people, what was Hooks' view?
4. How did Hooks describe dishonesty and how it can affect progress?
5. What description of her past did Hooks give in Chapter 5 that enabled the reader to understand her view of the patriarchal system?
6. What did Hooks say about where the majority of feminist writings come from?
7. In Chapter 5, what issue did Hook face again within academic atmospheres?
8. Hooks' first experience of racial integration was during her post-secondary school years. What was her perception of integration and education?
9. What did Hooks say about the effect of the feminist theory?
10. What did Hooks say about the general assessment of the theoretical works of women of color?
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)