|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which of the following did Hooks NOT say the patriarchal structure was the ruling force of?
(d) Community at large.
2. What did Hooks say about the set of actions of behaviors that teachers can exhibit?
(a) They are limited.
(b) They vary from time to time.
(c) They are plentiful.
(d) They are standard across the board.
3. In Chapter 12, Hooks reminded her readers of what being used in her childhood home?
(a) Feminist theory.
(c) Nothing but love.
4. What did Hooks discuss in Chapter 13?
(c) African American Studies.
5. What did many of Hooks' students of color think about feminism?
(a) They were not suspicious of it and didn't think it was relevant to their lives.
(b) They were suspicious of it but thought it was highly relevant to their lives.
(c) They were not suspicious of it and thought it was relevant to their lives.
(d) They were suspicious of it and didn't think it was that relevant to their lives.
6. Chapter 14 said that Chapter 15 is devoted to what type of issues?
7. In Chapter 12, Hooks wrote about the patriarchal structure within what context?
(a) All black.
(b) Black and white.
(c) All white.
8. For whom did Hooks say the purpose of higher education is to secure job training?
9. What did Hooks think is necessary to dismantle?
(a) Politics and matriarchy.
(b) White supremacy and patriarchy.
(c) Religion and patriarchy.
(d) Integration and matriarchy.
10. What is the great leap forward that Hooks received from one of her male students?
(a) A novel.
(b) A poem.
(d) A speech.
11. What was the major problem Hooks faced within the patriarchal framework?
(a) Age discrimination.
(d) Class distinction.
12. In what two contexts did Hooks talk about white men and black women?
(a) Educated and uneducated.
(b) Lawyers and non-lawyers.
(c) Slavery and freedom.
(d) From the northern region of the United States and from the southern region of the United States.
13. In Chapter 9, what group did Hooks say is the dominant minority group in some parts of the United States?
14. In Chapter 14, what did Hooks say has influenced the learning process?
15. What did Hooks say is considered by some to be a form of liberation for poor, working women?
(a) Not earning money.
(b) Earning money.
(c) Highly educated.
(d) No education.
Short Answer Questions
1. What feeling towards men in her adult life did Hooks have as a result of her childhood?
2. The friend of whom Hooks speaks in Chapter 13, is of what race?
3. What did Hooks say would be the experience for American blacks?
4. What racial tension did Hooks mention in Chapter 12 that she mentioned in previous chapters?
5. What did Hooks say affects how she subjectively relates to teaching?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)