|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hooks say the American population is going to be a reconfiguration of?
(a) Melting pot of minorities.
(b) One race.
(c) Separate but equal races.
(d) Total segregation of all races.
2. According to Hooks, where and how to teach greatly affects whom?
(a) School administrators.
(b) Teachers only.
(c) Both students and teachers.
(d) Students only.
3. According to Chapter 9, individuals from what portion of Asia make up the dominant minority group in a number of places in the US?
4. What did Hooks say about women concerning many of the ideas she addressed in the book?
(a) Women are indifferent about Hooks' views.
(b) Hooks' ideas are the things that women have been thinking about for quite some time.
(c) Women have written her to let Hooks know her ideas are invalid.
(d) Women have said they are not concerned with the issues, but Hooks' ideas are good.
5. What did Hooks discuss in Chapter 13?
(c) African American Studies.
6. Hooks said what of each region of the United States?
(a) They have their own demographics and types of people.
(b) They have their own ideas and language.
(c) They have their own demographics and types of religion.
(d) They have their own language and types of people.
7. What did Hooks say is the most important thing for students and teachers to help implement improved strategies?
8. Hooks said that many white women are racist in what ways?
(a) Complexity or actively and intentionally.
(b) Complicity or actively and intentionally.
(c) Complicity or inactively and unintentionally.
(d) Complexity or inactively and unintentionally.
9. What did Hooks say should replace the hierarchies that are dismantled?
(a) She says love should replace the hierarchies.
(b) She says tolerance should replace the hierarchies.
(c) She does not mention what should replace the hierarchies.
(d) She says feminism should replace the hierarchies.
10. According to Hooks, who are more vulnerable to white men than white women?
(a) Black men.
(b) Hispanic men.
(c) Chinese women.
(d) Black women.
11. What did many of Hooks' students of color think about feminism?
(a) They were suspicious of it but thought it was highly relevant to their lives.
(b) They were not suspicious of it and didn't think it was relevant to their lives.
(c) They were not suspicious of it and thought it was relevant to their lives.
(d) They were suspicious of it and didn't think it was that relevant to their lives.
12. What did Hooks say is considered by some to be a form of liberation for poor, working women?
(a) Not earning money.
(b) Highly educated.
(c) No education.
(d) Earning money.
13. According to Chapter 10, many believed sexual relationships across racial boundaries are which of the following?
(b) A welcomed change.
(c) Legal but not welcomed.
14. According to Chapter 9, what is much of "Teaching to Transgress: Education as the Practice of Freedom" about?
(a) Obvious and subtle reasons why her work hasn't been published by a certain press.
(b) Ways to defy the ruling political party.
(c) The establishment of the Feminist movement.
(d) How to find and marry the person one loves.
15. In Chapter 12, Hooks reminded her readers of what being used in her childhood home?
(a) Feminist theory.
(c) Nothing but love.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was "Teaching to Transgress: Education as the Practice of Freedom" published?
2. What is the topic of the great leap forward that Hooks received from one of her male students?
3. In Chapter 12, what did Hooks say about the experience of white women?
4. According to Hooks, when did racial distinctions become more pronounced?
5. What did Hooks think is necessary to dismantle?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)