|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the continuation of Chapter 5, what did Hooks say about the method of achieving higher results when analyzing theoretical works?
(a) It is evaluated and updated yearly.
(b) It is evaluated and updated quarterly.
(c) It is not uniform throughout the culture.
(d) It is uniform throughout the culture.
2. What did Hooks say about the psyche of women?
(a) It is many times fragile.
(b) It is equal to that of men.
(c) It is delusional.
(d) It is very stable.
3. What did Hooks believe about the best instructional teaching methods?
(a) These methods are inherent and cannot be taught to teachers.
(b) They discourage students' involvement.
(c) They encourage students' involvement.
(d) All instructional teaching methods are created equal. There is no such thing as the "best instructional teaching methods."
4. What personal experience did Hooks talk about in Chapter 2?
(a) Racial segregation of schools.
(b) Racial integration of schools.
(c) Gender identification within schools.
(d) Class discrimination in schools.
5. What is an example that Hooks gave of something of male effort that women benefit from in everyday life?
(b) Sewage systems.
6. In Chapter 1, whose work did Hooks mention?
(a) Thin Not Han.
(b) Thine Nhat Hanh.
(c) Thicke Nat Hhan.
(d) Thich Nhat Hanh.
7. According to Hooks, when is the profession of teaching best served?
(a) When all students understand what is being taught.
(b) When the parents of the students compliment the teacher's progress.
(c) When a teacher does so with the idea that he/she is nurturing free adults.
(d) When a teacher receives an award or promotion for a job well done.
8. Which of the following is stated in Chapter 6 about a man who has a high-paying career?
(a) The man becomes more important to society.
(b) It represents success.
(c) The man becomes more attractive to women.
(d) It is the norm. All men have high-paying careers.
9. In terms of race, what type of attitude did Hooks discuss in Chapter 5?
(a) Integration and equality.
(b) White supremacy.
(c) Separate but equal.
(d) Black supremacy.
10. How did Hooks write the essay in Chapter 4?
(a) From a first person point-of-view.
(b) In the form of a dialogue, of which she plays one part.
(c) In the form of a dialogue, of which she plays both parts.
(d) From a third person point-of-view.
11. What did Hooks feel like she was always punished for?
(a) Questioning the matriarchal order.
(b) Fighting with her siblings.
(c) Not washing the dishes.
(d) Questioning the patriarchal order.
12. Hooks said that sometimes oppression is the result of the need to find better ways of aligning what?
(a) Social forces.
(b) Religious forces.
(c) Physical forces.
(d) Emotional forces.
13. According to Hooks, what group of people were the masterminds behind the control system?
(a) White men.
(b) All men.
(c) Asian men.
(d) Hispanic men.
14. Which of the following is a factor that Hooks said affected her career path?
(a) Educational background.
(b) Religious beliefs.
15. The bulk of Hooks' "Teaching to Transgress: Education as the Practice of Freedom" cites which of the following?
(a) Fractures in the justice system.
(b) A variety of similarities.
(c) A variety of differences.
(d) Comparison and contrast of several religions.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what important tenet did Hooks repeat?
2. What did Hooks say about the work options for poorer people?
3. What did Hooks say about the works that were published by the Latina theorist mentioned?
4. How did Hooks describe the works of the Latina theorist introduced in Chapter 5?
5. What is the technical term for teaching?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)