Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hooks say about the work options for poorer people?
(a) They are jobs that the poor would enjoy.
(b) They are jobs that will never allow for promotion.
(c) They are somewhat restricted.
(d) They are plentiful.
2. What did Hooks say about her interaction with white peers?
(a) It is similar to the way they interact with each other.
(b) There is a difference between the way she interacts with white peers and their interaction with each other.
(c) She does not interact with white peers.
(d) She does not play close attention to how they interact with each other.
3. What did the theorist mentioned in Chapter 7 say at the end of the chapter?
(a) Men are the ones who need to develop female social theories and practices.
(b) Women are the ones who need to develop male social theories and practices.
(c) Men are the ones who need to develop male psychological theories and practices.
(d) Women are the ones who need to develop female psychological theories and practices.
4. Of feminist theories, Hooks said that they will be great in what?
(a) Intensity ONLY.
(b) Quantity and intensity.
(d) Quantity ONLY.
5. Hooks said when creating and sustaining theories, what difference is important to consider?
6. What did Hooks say about some deceptions?
(a) They can be used to create painful histories.
(b) They can be used to alleviate painful histories.
(c) They can be used to alleviate psychological distress associated with painful histories.
(d) They can be used to create psychological distress.
7. What did Hooks mention as a tool that cuts both ways with regard to progress?
(a) Judgmental attitude.
8. According to Hooks, what is automatically excluded when the standard of good theoretical works is established?
(a) The works of colored women ONLY.
(b) Feminist theory ONLY.
(c) The works of young professionals.
(d) Feminist theory and the works of colored women.
9. In Chapter 1, what did Hooks say with regard to all-black schools and the education process?
(a) The education process used is different from the process used in integrated schools.
(b) They are equally prone to undercut and to encourage the growth of the education process.
(c) They strictly undercut the growth of the education process.
(d) They strictly encourage the growth of the education process.
10. Hooks said a woman with a high-paying career could represent which of the following?
(a) Success for the woman.
(b) This is not an accurate picture of what women are capable of doing.
(c) Success for the woman's husband.
(d) Financial failure.
11. What did Hooks notice between white women?
(a) Their level of competition.
(b) Their level of bonding.
(c) Their desire to make each other sad.
(d) Their desire to make each other wealthy.
12. In Chapter 5, Hooks brought up the idea of race in what type of atmosphere?
13. According to the continuation of Chapter 5, what did Hooks say about the method of achieving higher results when analyzing theoretical works?
(a) It is evaluated and updated quarterly.
(b) It is not uniform throughout the culture.
(c) It is evaluated and updated yearly.
(d) It is uniform throughout the culture.
14. At the beginning of Chapter 4, Hooks gave the audience her true name. What is it?
(a) Elizabeth Brown.
(b) Amy Wright.
(c) Sally Williams.
(d) Gloria Watkins.
15. When Hooks mentioned having meetings, who was initially a part of the meeting?
(a) Teachers and students.
(b) Teachers and school administration.
(c) Teachers ONLY.
(d) Students and school administration.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hooks' intellectual influence wrote with the biases of what?
2. What did Hooks say about the psyche of women?
3. Which school year reunion did Hooks mention in Chapter 2?
4. What did Hooks say is a token of progress among women?
5. Whose theoretical work did Hooks say may not properly be assessed?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)