|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hooks say about a wealthy woman who works by choice?
(a) This is a form of progress.
(b) She usually works jobs that do not pay a lot of money.
(c) She is selfish for not wanting to stay at home with her children.
(d) She usually works jobs that do pay a lot of money.
2. What was the first topic that Hooks talked about in Chapter 3?
(a) How the classroom should not be the main venue for teaching. It begins at home.
(b) How becoming a teacher can be beneficial to the individual as well as his / her students.
(c) How to implement the transformations within the classroom that multiculturalism requires.
(d) How the involvement of students is what makes or breaks the success of a teacher.
3. According to Hooks, "Teaching to Transgress: Education as the Practice of Freedom" consists of a great amount of analysis that are natural and _____ for women.
4. Which of the following is a factor that Hooks said affected her career path?
(b) Religious beliefs.
(c) Educational background.
5. What did Hooks say about the psyche of women?
(a) It is equal to that of men.
(b) It is very stable.
(c) It is delusional.
(d) It is many times fragile.
6. The bulk of Hooks' "Teaching to Transgress: Education as the Practice of Freedom" cites which of the following?
(a) A variety of similarities.
(b) Fractures in the justice system.
(c) A variety of differences.
(d) Comparison and contrast of several religions.
7. Whom did Hooks say writes the majority of feminist works?
(a) Privileged black women.
(b) Poor black women.
(c) Privileged white women.
(d) Poor white women.
8. According to Hooks, what is automatically excluded when the standard of good theoretical works is established?
(a) The works of colored women ONLY.
(b) Feminist theory and the works of colored women.
(c) The works of young professionals.
(d) Feminist theory ONLY.
9. Chapter 6 said that Hooks' works include the framework that consists of analysis that is what?
(b) Only beneficial to privileged women.
(c) Natural and important for women.
(d) More important for men than women.
10. In Chapter 1, what did Hooks say with regard to all-black schools and the education process?
(a) They strictly encourage the growth of the education process.
(b) The education process used is different from the process used in integrated schools.
(c) They strictly undercut the growth of the education process.
(d) They are equally prone to undercut and to encourage the growth of the education process.
11. What type of person did Hooks say would most likely recognize how significant her work is?
(a) Women who are greatly involved in higher education.
(b) Men whose highest level of education is high school.
(c) Men who are greatly involved in higher education.
(d) Women whose highest level of education is high school.
12. How did Hooks write the essay in Chapter 4?
(a) From a third person point-of-view.
(b) From a first person point-of-view.
(c) In the form of a dialogue, of which she plays one part.
(d) In the form of a dialogue, of which she plays both parts.
13. What did Hooks say about the works that were published by the Latina theorist mentioned?
(a) They were originally written in Mandarin.
(b) They did not affect the lives of anyone.
(c) They did not receive the honor they were due.
(d) They did receive the honor they were due.
14. Of feminist theories, Hooks said that they will be great in what?
(a) Quantity and intensity.
(b) Quantity ONLY.
(c) Intensity ONLY.
15. In Chapter 3, Hooks said education is always which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was one of Hooks' intellectual influences?
2. Hooks said in the meetings, there were remarks made that could be considered which of the following?
3. What did Hooks say about some deceptions?
4. Hooks said who must be happy in order for education to be most effective?
5. Which school year reunion did Hooks mention in Chapter 2?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)