|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of thinking did Hooks say is crucial to the educational process?
2. In Chapter 2, what type of person did Hooks say she made friends with?
(a) A white girl-woman.
(b) A white boy-man.
(c) A black boy-man.
(d) A black girl-woman.
3. What main concepts were used in Chapter 4?
(a) Subject and object as roles and perspectives.
(b) Social and economic status.
(c) Race and religion.
(d) Age and gender.
4. What did Hooks say about the works that were published by the Latina theorist mentioned?
(a) They did not affect the lives of anyone.
(b) They were originally written in Mandarin.
(c) They did not receive the honor they were due.
(d) They did receive the honor they were due.
5. What did Hooks say about a wealthy woman who works by choice?
(a) She usually works jobs that do pay a lot of money.
(b) She usually works jobs that do not pay a lot of money.
(c) This is a form of progress.
(d) She is selfish for not wanting to stay at home with her children.
6. Chapter 6 said that Hooks' works include the framework that consists of analysis that is what?
(a) More important for men than women.
(c) Natural and important for women.
(d) Only beneficial to privileged women.
7. What is an example that Hooks gave of something of male effort that women benefit from in everyday life?
(b) Sewage systems.
8. How did Hooks feel within her family?
(a) Like the one who had to take charge.
(b) Like an outsider.
(c) Like a burden.
(d) Like the most liked of the children.
9. What did Hooks say about some deceptions?
(a) They can be used to alleviate psychological distress associated with painful histories.
(b) They can be used to create painful histories.
(c) They can be used to create psychological distress.
(d) They can be used to alleviate painful histories.
10. What Latina theorist did Hooks introduce in Chapter 5?
(a) Chita Rivera..
(b) Chela Sandoval.
(c) Karen Rodriguez.
(d) Cha Cha Ramirez.
11. In Chapter 3, Hooks said education is always which of the following?
12. How did Hooks compare the characteristics of middle and upper class women to men of the same class?
(a) They are NOT the same.
(b) They have similarities but are not exactly the same.
(c) They are different but equal.
(d) They are exactly the same.
13. What did the theorist mentioned in Chapter 7 say at the end of the chapter?
(a) Women are the ones who need to develop female psychological theories and practices.
(b) Women are the ones who need to develop male social theories and practices.
(c) Men are the ones who need to develop male psychological theories and practices.
(d) Men are the ones who need to develop female social theories and practices.
14. Chapter 6 mentioned what type of divisions between minority groups?
15. Hooks said when creating and sustaining theories, what difference is important to consider?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Hooks write the essay in Chapter 4?
2. What did Hooks say is a token of progress among women?
3. According to Hooks, "Teaching to Transgress: Education as the Practice of Freedom" consists of a great amount of analysis that are natural and _____ for women.
4. Of feminist theories, Hooks said that they will be great in what?
5. What personal experience did Hooks talk about in Chapter 2?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)