|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was one of Hooks' intellectual influences?
(a) Maya Angelou.
(c) Paulo Freire.
(d) Sigmund Freud.
2. What Latina theorist did Hooks introduce in Chapter 5?
(a) Chita Rivera..
(b) Chela Sandoval.
(c) Cha Cha Ramirez.
(d) Karen Rodriguez.
3. Hooks said teachers do best when they are what type of people?
(a) Self-hating people.
(b) Self-absorbed people.
(c) High self-esteemed people.
(d) Self-actualizing people.
4. What type of theorist is the Latina theorist mentioned in Chapter 5?
5. Hooks said which of the following is most important for an effective educational process?
(b) The text used.
6. What did Hooks say is a token of progress among women?
(a) Women's desire to fill roles traditionally held by women.
(b) The fact that women work in male-dominated fields.
(c) The works women do in order to uplift the entire female gender.
(d) Women giving birth to multiple babies.
7. Whose theoretical work did Hooks say may not properly be assessed?
(a) That of "colored men."
(b) That of "colored women."
(c) That of white men.
(d) That of white women.
8. In Chapter 4, what important tenet did Hooks repeat?
(a) This is not about education for liberation.
(b) This is not about knowledge for freedom.
(c) This is about education for liberation.
(d) This is about knowledge for freedom.
9. What did Hooks mention as a tool that cuts both ways with regard to progress?
(b) Judgmental attitude.
10. Which of the following did Hooks say is a feminist statement?
(a) She is not sure if she is intelligent enough to pursue career efforts.
(b) Her husband sourced and encouraged his wife to pursue career efforts.
(c) Her husband will not allow her to pursue career efforts.
(d) Her husband supported her inherent career efforts.
11. What is different about the way Hooks prints her pseudonym on the cover of the book than you would find on most books?
(a) It is circled.
(b) It takes up the entire cover.
(c) It is written in all capital letters.
(d) It consists of no capital letters.
12. What did Hooks believe about the best instructional teaching methods?
(a) These methods are inherent and cannot be taught to teachers.
(b) They discourage students' involvement.
(c) All instructional teaching methods are created equal. There is no such thing as the "best instructional teaching methods."
(d) They encourage students' involvement.
13. In Chapter 2, what type of person did Hooks say she made friends with?
(a) A white girl-woman.
(b) A black boy-man.
(c) A black girl-woman.
(d) A white boy-man.
14. What did the theorist mentioned in Chapter 7 say about himself?
(a) His ideas are superior to those of his female counterparts.
(b) Her ideas are superior to those of his male counterparts.
(c) He did what he could but what he could was absolutely limited by his own maleness.
(d) She did what she could but what she could was absolutely limited by her own femaleness.
15. Hooks said when creating and sustaining theories, what difference is important to consider?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Hooks say writes the majority of feminist works?
2. According to the continuation of Chapter 5, what did Hooks say about the method of achieving higher results when analyzing theoretical works?
3. Which of the following is stated in Chapter 6 about a man who has a high-paying career?
4. According to Hooks, what is the great road of progress for poor men and women with regard to employment?
5. In the continuation of Chapter 5, what did Hooks think about the interracial atmosphere?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)