|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of feminist theories, Hooks said that they will be great in what?
(a) Quantity and intensity.
(b) Quantity ONLY.
(d) Intensity ONLY.
2. According to Hooks, what should be a teacher's role with regard to students within a classroom and their interaction with other students in the classroom?
(a) The teacher should encourage the interaction between the students.
(b) The teacher should discourage interaction between the students and the teacher. Ask the students to focus solely on the text.
(c) The teacher should request that the students only pay attention to the teacher.
(d) The teacher should not address the issue of interaction. He/she should allow the students to decide what is best.
3. Which of the following is stated in Chapter 6 about a man who has a high-paying career?
(a) The man becomes more important to society.
(b) It is the norm. All men have high-paying careers.
(c) It represents success.
(d) The man becomes more attractive to women.
4. What did Hooks believe blacks had to do in order to attend traditionally white schools?
(a) Participate in protests and/or riots.
(b) Get up early in the morning so they could be bussed to the traditionally white schools.
(c) Break into the school.
(d) Make straight A's.
5. In Chapter 1, whose work did Hooks mention?
(a) Thich Nhat Hanh.
(b) Thine Nhat Hanh.
(c) Thicke Nat Hhan.
(d) Thin Not Han.
6. What theorist did Hooks mention at the end of Chapter 7?
7. In Chapter 1, what did Hooks say with regard to all-black schools and the education process?
(a) The education process used is different from the process used in integrated schools.
(b) They strictly undercut the growth of the education process.
(c) They are equally prone to undercut and to encourage the growth of the education process.
(d) They strictly encourage the growth of the education process.
8. What did Hooks feel like she was always punished for?
(a) Questioning the matriarchal order.
(b) Not washing the dishes.
(c) Questioning the patriarchal order.
(d) Fighting with her siblings.
9. What did the theorist mentioned in Chapter 7 say at the end of the chapter?
(a) Men are the ones who need to develop male psychological theories and practices.
(b) Women are the ones who need to develop female psychological theories and practices.
(c) Women are the ones who need to develop male social theories and practices.
(d) Men are the ones who need to develop female social theories and practices.
10. Hooks said who must be happy in order for education to be most effective?
(a) Administration, teachers, and students.
(b) Teacher and students.
(c) Teacher ONLY.
(d) Students ONLY.
11. At what point in her school career did Hooks' personal experience take place?
(a) During elementary school.
(b) During undergraduate school.
(c) During secondary school.
(d) During middle school.
12. What did Hooks say she wants her readers to understand about the continuation of Chapter 5 with regard to analyzing theoretical works?
(a) The theoretical works of women are the only type that should be analyzed.
(b) It is impossible to analyze theoretical works accurately.
(c) Theoretical works should only be analyzed by scholars.
(d) It is partially about setting a standard and partially about holding to the standard.
13. What did Hooks say is necessary in order to achieve higher quality results when analyzing theoretical works?
(a) Firm controls.
(b) Controls with flexibility.
(c) Works written by women.
(d) Works written by men.
14. Hooks said a woman with a high-paying career could represent which of the following?
(a) This is not an accurate picture of what women are capable of doing.
(b) Success for the woman's husband.
(c) Success for the woman.
(d) Financial failure.
15. When did Hooks say finding a way to release the sense of dominance and oppression is crucial?
(a) Only when one is white.
(b) When operating under a system of dominance.
(c) It is not necessary. The idea of dominance and oppression are essential to a society.
(d) When operating under a system of oppression.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 6 mentioned what type of divisions between minority groups?
2. How did Hooks write the essay in Chapter 4?
3. What did Hooks say about the work options for poorer people?
4. Whose theoretical work did Hooks say may not properly be assessed?
5. According to the continuation of Chapter 5, what did Hooks say about the method of achieving higher results when analyzing theoretical works?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)