|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hooks say about male colleagues' lack of interest or unwillingness to listen to his female counterparts?
(a) It's painful for men and women.
(b) It's painful for women.
(c) It's painful for men.
(d) It's NOT painful for men or women.
2. According to Hooks, what is the great road of progress for poor men and women with regard to employment?
(a) When they don't make a lot of money.
(b) When they make a lot of money.
(c) When they are able to avoid the work they enjoy.
(d) When they are able to do the work they enjoy.
3. What did Hooks say should replace the hierarchies that are dismantled?
(a) She says feminism should replace the hierarchies.
(b) She says tolerance should replace the hierarchies.
(c) She says love should replace the hierarchies.
(d) She does not mention what should replace the hierarchies.
4. What did Hooks say blurred the demarcation of what indicated a wealthy person versus a poor person?
(a) Savings Bonds.
5. According to Hooks, the absence of _____ freed her mind.
(a) Her father.
(b) The thought of what she would be like as a professor.
(c) Her students.
(d) Her compassion for others.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did many of Hooks' students of color think about feminism?
2. Who was one of Hooks' intellectual influences?
3. What personal experience did Hooks talk about in Chapter 2?
4. What did Hooks notice between white women?
5. What did Hooks think is necessary to dismantle?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)