|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What personal experience did Hooks talk about in Chapter 2?
(a) Gender identification within schools.
(b) Class discrimination in schools.
(c) Racial segregation of schools.
(d) Racial integration of schools.
2. What group of students did Hooks find is hardest to teach?
(a) Those who are white.
(b) Those who are male.
(c) Those who are suspicious.
(d) Those who are black.
3. For whom did Hooks say the purpose of higher education is to secure job training?
4. What effect does Hooks hope "Teaching to Transgress: Education as the Practice of Freedom" will have on society?
(a) She hopes it will not create a biased perspective on the black American female situation.
(b) She hopes it will create an unbiased perspective on the black American female situation.
(c) She hopes it will not create a biased perspective on the white American female situation.
(d) She hopes it will create an unbiased perspective on the white American female situation.
5. According to Hooks, what should be a teacher's role with regard to students within a classroom and their interaction with other students in the classroom?
(a) The teacher should request that the students only pay attention to the teacher.
(b) The teacher should encourage the interaction between the students.
(c) The teacher should not address the issue of interaction. He/she should allow the students to decide what is best.
(d) The teacher should discourage interaction between the students and the teacher. Ask the students to focus solely on the text.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the main target audience of this book?
2. What did Hooks mention as a tool that cuts both ways with regard to progress?
3. Whom did Hooks thank as the first forum that allowed her talk about the main issue discussed in Chapter 15?
4. According to Hooks, students many times believe that learning is what?
5. What did Hooks think is necessary to dismantle?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)