|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Hooks describe the works of the Latina theorist introduced in Chapter 5?
(a) Explains the importance of compromise in a world of dominance and oppression.
(b) Spellbinding yet easily understood.
(c) Having some mystique and a possibly puzzling or unexpected power.
(d) Captivates its readers by presenting blatant untruths.
2. What did Hooks discuss in Chapter 13?
(d) African American Studies.
3. In Chapter 8, Hooks spoke of the importance of doing what to people?
(d) Physically fighting against.
4. What did Hooks say about the works that were published by the Latina theorist mentioned?
(a) They were originally written in Mandarin.
(b) They did not affect the lives of anyone.
(c) They did not receive the honor they were due.
(d) They did receive the honor they were due.
5. According to Hooks, what group of people were the masterminds behind the control system?
(a) White men.
(b) Asian men.
(c) Hispanic men.
(d) All men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hooks said a woman's attachment to a given man could do what?
2. Chapter 4 is an essay that mainly talked about how the works of Hooks' intellectual influence has been what?
3. In what year was "Teaching to Transgress: Education as the Practice of Freedom" published?
4. Hooks said teachers do best when they are what type of people?
5. What did Hooks say is now the reputation of feminist theory?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)