|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hooks say about women concerning many of the ideas she addressed in the book?
(a) Women have written her to let Hooks know her ideas are invalid.
(b) Women are indifferent about Hooks' views.
(c) Women have said they are not concerned with the issues, but Hooks' ideas are good.
(d) Hooks' ideas are the things that women have been thinking about for quite some time.
2. What did Hooks say is not necessarily found in all social classes?
3. What company published "Teaching to Transgress: Education as the Practice of Freedom"?
(b) Penguin Group.
(c) Random House.
4. What did Hooks say is necessary in order to achieve higher quality results when analyzing theoretical works?
(a) Works written by women.
(b) Controls with flexibility.
(c) Firm controls.
(d) Works written by men.
5. What is the topic of the great leap forward that Hooks received from one of her male students?
(a) Opposition to the practice of rape.
(b) Promotion of the practice of interracial dating.
(c) Opposition to the practice of racism.
(d) Promotion of the practice of sexism
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is stated in Chapter 6 about a man who has a high-paying career?
2. Which of the following is one type of course that Hooks has taught?
3. What type of thinking did Hooks say is crucial to the educational process?
4. In choosing the profession she would like to pursue, which of the following strongly influenced her decision?
5. Which of the following is a factor that Hooks said affected her career path?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)