|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the great leap forward that Hooks received from one of her male students?
(b) A poem.
(c) A speech.
(d) A novel.
2. Hooks said a woman with a high-paying career could represent which of the following?
(a) Success for the woman's husband.
(b) Financial failure.
(c) Success for the woman.
(d) This is not an accurate picture of what women are capable of doing.
3. What feeling towards men in her adult life did Hooks have as a result of her childhood?
4. In Chapter 9, what group did Hooks say is the dominant minority group in some parts of the United States?
5. According to Hooks, when is the profession of teaching best served?
(a) When a teacher does so with the idea that he/she is nurturing free adults.
(b) When a teacher receives an award or promotion for a job well done.
(c) When all students understand what is being taught.
(d) When the parents of the students compliment the teacher's progress.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which of the following did Hooks NOT say the patriarchal structure was the ruling force of?
2. Who was the main target audience of this book?
3. According to Hooks in the continuation of Chapter 5, when is it important to consider the differences between classes?
4. What did Hooks learn specifically about young, black men in terms of how they feel about social issues (i.e. sexism, racism)?
5. What did Hooks write about people who are experiencing very oppressive conditions?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)